Brisbane International

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brisbane International

Andy Murray will kick off his 2012 season playing in the Brisbane International and will face Kazakhstan's Mikhail Kukushkin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/16372414.stm

Not sure if I like the sound of that treatment on a knee injury before the season has even started. No

Best of luck to Andy.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Brisbane International :: Comments

Post on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 16:31 by Guest

Thanks for the updates folks Smile

This is all very encouraging.....go Andy!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 16:35 by Guest

Good post match interview by Bernard after his match with Andy

http://www.youtube.com/user/brisbanetennis#p/u/2/FUIhkPNnxyY

Sounds like a really nice guy.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 23:59 by Guest

Decrepitude wrote:I hope the Brisbane site put up the full match on video again. I can't cope with middle-of-the-nighters - and 5am is middle of the night to me!

At last the Aussies have woken up and put up the full match video. Yesterday it was there by 1.30, today it took them until about 10.30 - but it is there now!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 9:23 by Guest

Andy has his first title of 2012 clap
6-1 6-3. The Dog was carrying an injury but some good play by Andy and will give him some great confidence and belief going to Oz.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 9:24 by Guest

Congratulations to Andy Murray on winning his 22nd ATP title overnight. He comfortably beat Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-1 6-3 to cruise to victory.

One gripe about Andy. His post-match comments aren't what I'd like to hear or are what you would have heard from the far more ruthless Federer in these type of situations. Just to clarify - Dolgopolov played with a leg injury and Andy apologised to Dolgo and laboured on about his injury. Sorry but you have to be more selfish and ruthless Andy. He should have just said yes Dolgopolov had an injury but that he felt so good he was confident of winning whatever Dolgopolov's condition or something like that. In my opinion all he did was give a little boost to Dolgo's morale and that is something the likes of Fed never does. In other words when you have an edge over your opponent physically and mentally you don't console them to make them feel better that is that own player's responsibilty to do that. In short Andy be ruthless like a wolf not nice like a kitten in victory.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 10:12 by Guest

The day Andy is as unkind as Fed to his opponents, is the day I will be a bit less his supporter. Far better a gracious winner than an ungracious one. (as long as he is a winner, of course!)

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 10:41 by Guest

What I am saying is that graciousness doesn't win slams and listening to his post-match comments today made me think what did he acheive from those comments? Those that hate/don't support him won't change their views on him and he belittled his own achievement of winning a title by labouring on about his opponents injury. I would have preferred him to send out a purposeful message lioke he was in great shape etc and give his rivals something to think about going to Melbourne. Instead he apologised to Dolgo and said he felt bad. Sorry Andy but less sentiment and caring for your opponent and more selfish thought on where he is heading himself and let Dolgo worry about his own injury and form problems.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 11:44 by Guest

Fantastic news!

Congrats to Andy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 17:04 by Guest

very nice, Andy off to a winning start in 2012. I watched his first two matches where he started very sluggishly (didn't move well at all) before cranking it up. I then watched him despatch Tomic in the SF, a very impressive performance, particularly the serve which was excellent.

well done Andy clap

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 17:11 by Jubbahey

Just watched the highlights of the final, and Dolgopolov looked to be playing some fine shots, the scoreline was a little misrepresentative I think. But Murray got the breaks when needed and thats the important bit, those points that matter.

Lets hope to see the same kind of execution in the AO finals.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 17:15 by Jubbahey

I can see where you're coming from CC, maybe a mix of both, some gracious comments about the contender, but more positive thoughts about his display, his winning attitude and how confident he is, going into the AO based on his performances at Brisbane.

I just think he is not the media animal we'd all like him to be, in the same way he is not the killer instinctive animal we'd like him to be on court in those final moments in a slam.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 18:09 by Guest

Spot on Jubbahey. I mean why offer any of your future opponents crumbs of comfort in defeat. I mean refer to the injury of Dolgopolov but remark that he felt strong enough to win in any case. A bit of kidology to put real fear and doubt into Dolgo's mind for when they next meet. All the greats in sport do it and wish Andy would do it more.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 20:42 by Guest

Mad_for_Chelsea wrote:very nice, Andy off to a winning start in 2012. I watched his first two matches where he started very sluggishly (didn't move well at all) before cranking it up. I then watched him despatch Tomic in the SF, a very impressive performance, particularly the serve which was excellent.

well done Andy

Chelsea! Nice to see you! Yes, it's a great start to 2012 for Andy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 13:34 by Guest

Hi everyone. Just popped by to say congrats to Andy. Great way to start the season

Shame he and Baggy couldn't win the doubles (I love Baggy Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 16:23 by Guest

hey Sol, nice to see you too

I saw a couple of signs last week of Murray trying to flatten out that FH up the line, which bodes well for the year to come if he can manage that consistently. Interesting times to be a Murray fan certainly...

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 18:33 by Jubbahey

Hi MTS1, I agree about his flat FH.

One wonders why he hasn't tried it sooner, since he has faced so many who do that to him on a regular basis.

Oh well, no time like the present, esp with Mr topspin backhand expert on his side too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 18:33 by Jubbahey

Hi Cats, hows things over at the Rafateers camp, I haven't been there for a while, I must pop in and say hello.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 21:29 by Guest

Mad_for_Chelsea wrote: Interesting times to be a Murray fan certainly...

Interesting times indeed, Chelsea.

This will be Andy's year Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 21:35 by Guest

cats_r_cool wrote:Hi everyone. Just popped by to say congrats to Andy. Great way to start the season

Hi Cats, lovely to see you, as always

Yes...'tis a great start for Andy....hope he and Rafa both have a great year....two slams each Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum