ATP Dubai 500

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Dubai 500

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 16:38

I haven't recovered yet. I ended up a complete nervous gibbering wreck when Andy got broken when serving for the match.

Brilliantly done Andy. Now do the same in the final, especially if it's against Fed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 18:25

Some comments to be expected from the non Andy fans when he wins - "Anyway it was only a three setter, the likes of Novak & Federer don't treat these Tournaments as being serious", OR "his opposition is carrying some form of injury" lol!

Great result from Andy against a serious and uninjured Novak and nice to see the hugs at the end.

Won't expect the same tomorrow should Andy win which we all hope he will.

As for now, big improvement in attitude as well as attacking play from Last year.

Don't know what Ivan has done so far, but just to have him onboard with Andy seems to speak volumes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 18:51

Missed it again, damn it.

Where is everyone watching it on ? do they have highlights more importantly, Eurosport is not showing the event.

Read the 5 live commentary, which is always 5 mins behind things, but thats all I can get on the school computers.

Great win for Andy and a big boost for his confidence when a few jitters hit home with Novak cranking it up as usual, looking like making the usual laboured comeback to win the match. It all looks likely to become an oiled machine with Ivan aboard, well oiled ?, we shall have to see.

At least Djoko is not invincible now.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 19:07

I pay for the ATP tennistv livestream. They have highlights of the quarters, so I expect they will put up the semis shortly. I'm fairly sure you can watch interviews without paying, but I'm not sure about highlights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 20:18

Great stuff from Andy. Focus was spot on and had a real determind look about his game. His first serve stats were very impressive and apart from a slight stutter in the second set he kept his foot on Djoko's throat and never let him back into the match.

Next up Roger Federer. Right now I have Kevin Keegan's sppech in my head: 'I'd luv it if we beat them, luv it'. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 12:40

Great win for Andy against Novak, and now I have my sky on I watched it all. All set for the match this afternoon against Fed. Should be a good one, is it wrong to be more optimistic than I normally am when Andy plays Roger Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 13:03

Well obviously the court speeds are ideal for Federer but Murray is now in a rich vein of form. I will be disappointed if Andy doesn't win at least a set. If memory serves Andy has won four of the last six tournaments he has played in which is impressive. I think it is something like the three back-to-back titles in the Far East in October and November, then he had his injury and withdrew during the WTF,then he won the season opener in Sydney and went out in the semi at the Australian Open in a match he could quite easily have won. That is an impressive run of form in anybodys book. I think today is a great test as if Andy wins it will prove he can beat two of the top four players in the semis and then finals so will help his mindset for bigger challenges that lie ahead. A defeat will be disappointing but compared to his post-Australian Open form last year it is still a massive improvement and edges him closer ranking points wise to Nadal and Djokovic.

Best of luck Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 13:24

Hi everyone. Great match from Andy yesterday. (Take no notice of the hatahs, Andy played great).

I loved his attitude when he got broken serving for the match. Didn't get down on himself and just re-focussed and got on with it.

Good luck to him today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 13:47

Thanks Dec, I'll go have a look there, maybe I'll be lucky on bet 365.

I think its going to be a good matchup for both players, maybe even more so for Federer, as this may well be his last year on the circuit. He's got to get some form going, with the Games coming up.

(Yep, Bet365 is showing it at 3:00pm)

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:21

Mmm......Federer hitting some ridiculous shots in the 1st and second game. Murray not warmed up yet. But Andy is playing some deep returns and Roger not liking them.

Still, its 1-1 and Fed looks like his radar is on fine setting.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:25

Exchanges of errors and its an ace to secure a 2-1 lead

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:30

All thats keeping Murray in points right now is the Fed UE's.

Murray needs to attack and vary his approach now, before its too late, although Roger is just playing as if he's 26yrs old and not 31.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:31

LOL, Rogers treating the ball like its insulted him or something !

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:34

Good pass to keep Andys service, but hawkeye out in force twice with an umpires over-rule over-ruled....!

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:36

Andy looking very relaxed though but would like him to make more inroads into Fed's serve and on cue 0-30.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:40

wasted break opportunity, dangerous for Andy now, must keep his serve, really must.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:42

Phew, good serving, but he looks out of sorts CC, not settled in like you say.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:42

Serve held quite comfortably in the end. Andy looking very strong mentally. No hang ups or getting down on missing those chances as have happened in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:45

Yeah, he looks a lot more grounded in his game and his head. but Roger is playing some good tennis and not really giving andy too many chances to dominate.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:49

Got to go, BBL.....kids taxi service. (1 hour return journey !)#

Good hold by Andy.

ciao

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 15:54

Hopefully, you'll come back to good news. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:00

Sloppy game from Andy and Federer breaks to lead 6-5 and will now serve for the first set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:05

First set to Roger Federer 7-5. Now time for Andy to up his level up a bit more. Not playing too badly at all, Fed looking good but Andy just needs to hang on in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:15

Come on Andy, where's that fighting spirit, give us a few 'Come On's' to get the adrenalin pumping Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:18

Andy now in trouble. Broken again and trails 1-2 in the second set. He's just being that little less aggressive in his game plan and that is working against him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum