ATP Dubai 500

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Dubai 500

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:21

Just too many unforced errors as well from Andy. Federer now leads 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:28

Great game from Andy and breaks back to level at 3-3. Now Andy start booming those first serves in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:35

Murray back in front in the second set leading 4-3 and has built up a bit of momentum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:39

Back at 4-4 and on serve in the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:40

Danger

Murray serving at 0-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:42

And Federer breaks to lead 5-4 and will serve for the match and the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:48

Just too many uncharacteristic unforced errors especially on the backhand which has killed his chances. Andy has never really came with any sort of game plan and stuck to it. No complaints about his focus which was pretty good but too many elements of his game were not firing and so lost. Roger Federer played a solid game and came out the deserved winner. Not too deflated by the defeat considering how awful his post-Australian Open form was last season but would have felt better had Andy won a set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 16:59

Not one of Andys best but at least he has improved on last year after the AO and he did cover his costs to come over from Miami!!!

Next up Indian Wells and a repeat of his performance against Novak would do nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 17:05

Yes BOO his first serve let him down, his backhand was very poor and he had an uncharacteristic amount of unforced errors. Just not good enough stats to beat a player of Roger Federer's calibre.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 19:00

From what I saw in the 1st set, Federer gave Andy no room for maneuver.

Kept many rallies in the fast zone which unhinged any kind of game plan Murray may have had. Top that with some blistering returns and forehand drives was too much in the end I fear. Back to the drawing board for the Lendl machine, but can't take anything away from Rogers shotplaying, he was on song as usual at times like this and very accurate most of the time.

Which on average gave Fed the big edge. Murray did play some good, intelligent points and made some good passes and forehand/backhand winners, it wasn't a complete walkover, so good signs compared to last year, backed up with a comprehensive win over Djoko.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 19:07

Well there were two tight sets and considering there were plenty of parts of Murray's game was not up to its usual standards then I will take that as a positive. More so considering he beat Djokovic yesterday as Novak will be the key player in slams in the coming years whilst Federer will be a contender the real top dog now is Djokovic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 12:01

It dawned on me yesterday that this was in the wtong section as the Dubai Open was an ATP500 Event so have moved it to the ATP section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 12:12

Well, I wondered about that when I opened it. But the section headed "Masters and WTFs" says underneath, "1000s, 500s and 250s." And after all the Masters and WTF are ATP too - some clarification, please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 14:00

Well this section is for ATP News and events and this was an ATP event so isn't it where it should be. Now you have me confused. It does appear the other section was for Masters Cup and WTF alone but perhaps I am wrong. I will move it back as the small print does say 250's and 500's as well. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 14:40

No problem - I was just wondering where to put it if I ever start one again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 15:16

No it will be in this section Dec. Sorry again for causing any confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 18:14

Now you've got me confused too.

I don't think we have to be too religious in where News goes in relation to the event, as long as its pertinent to the section its posted in.

I created both as a means to separate News items from event reports, but in reality both closely related I suppose.

ATP News and Events can be used for anything regarding event changes or player news etc, but

Masters + WTF's can be used to report on individual events and scores etc.

Thats how I meant it to pan out, but maybe it wasn't clear. Now there are more people involved in the makeup of this site, we can change things if need be, I'm not too concerned with stuff like that, I'm happy with whatever makes everyone else happy. dogood

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Mar 2012 - 18:39

No I think it is now clear enough now. Just me being a little too impetuous before reading each section's small print. oopsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum