Miami open

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miami open

Post by Guest on Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 23:35

Andy as we know is a slow starter - having had two W/O to get to the final and three days rest I think it worked against him.

He started picking his game up in the second set and as Novak said it could then have gone either way.

No disgrace and he picks up a cheque for over $300k + 600 points, so not a bad weeks work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 16:45

I'd have a payday like that any day of the week thanks.

I wonder if he's a bit impetuous, his patience levels seem to go in and out of focus sometimes and he loses concentration. Somebody said, I think it was Sol, he may have mild ADHD.

I had tremendous difficulty concentrating at school, I wasn't hyperactive physically, but mentally I was forever voyaging in my imagination. All my reports said the same thing year after year, "he must learn to concentrate" LOL, well, I can laugh now.

I do think he can lose the plot on occasions, when he needs to buckle up and think positively, but, that's just pure speculation. If its more to do with confidence and playing aggressively to be more competitive, then Lendl may well imbue him with the necessary tools to do that. He does seem to play this way a lot more recently.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 17:59

For all those having a go at Andy for not winning yesterday (albeit against the Worlds No.1)and those that repeatedly say he will probably end his career slam less.

What about the hundreds of tour players that will never even get as far as winning a masters title or even a 500.

How lonely it must be for him on the tour without another British male "singles" player for company (even Old Roger has Stan) - I for one would be more concerned about how bad the GB tennis scene is.

So until something changes there he will always be the main focus of attention - however as much as some of his detractors would probably like to see him fail, he will continue to add to his existing wealth, something that the " keyboard tennis forum junkies" could only dream about even without a slam!

Instead the British posters on those other forums should really be thankful that he is saving our Country from total embarrassment in the tennis world by being our sole represent in the top flight albeit only at No.4!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 21:34

Something else to ponder on. These are the current rankings standings:-

1 Djokovic, Novak (SRB) 12,670
2 Nadal, Rafael (ESP) 9,935
3 Federer, Roger (SUI) 9,035
4 Murray, Andy (GBR) 8,040
5.Ferrer, David (FRA) 4,700

Now look back to last year at this time:-

1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP) 12,870
2 Djokovic, Novak (SRB) 9,700
3 Federer, Roger (SUI) 8,550
4 Murray, Andy (GBR) 5,545
5 Soderling, Robin (SWE) 5,420

Murray a heck of a lot better off now than this time last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 21:46

Poor old Sod - what the news if any on him making a return I wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 22:08

So, by their standards, if Murray gets beaten in a Masters final by djokovic, he'll never win a slam, but when he does beat the No1 player in the world in a Masters, he's still never going to win one, apparently.

Like you say, they don't need much to fill their cannons.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 13:13

And the 1st prize to ATP tennis nutter goes to

Drum roll.................

"Riba"

For playing 35 tournaments...........this year to date already !!!!

2nd place goes to Bogomolov....33 tournies too, but he's done better by being ranked 41 instead of 85.

Poor old Murray on 19 events has a lot of catching up to do !

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:39

Well it's much easier to rack them up if you get knocked out in the first round every time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:42

Psst - it's the past 52 weeks, not this year. They aren't allowed to enter more than one a week, and there has only been 13-14 weeks this year. Still an impressive number though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 18:12

I thought that was what year to date meant, but I've been under the misapprehension for years, I see it means from Jan then, instead of their career/ranking year, unless your giving me a belated April Fool....grrr!

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 19:22

No, straight up Guv!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 16:11

Ah well, you're never too old to learn something new then, if only I could remember the lessons.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum