Miami open

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miami open

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 12:30

Great win for Watson too, a pretty comprehensive win ...

[WC] H Watson (GBR) d [27] L Safarova (CZE) 62 61
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/17494913

Nice to have a side show when Murrays in a tournie.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 12:41

Another insight into the relationship between Murray and Lendl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/17495905

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 12:46

MTS1 wrote:Nice to see Andy get a comfortable win of sorts, if he got broken he broke straight back, not sure I like that strategy though!! Very Happy Hope he gets a good run this week.

In golf, a pro accepts that he is gong to play 6 bad shots a round...at the very least. One bad Tee shot, a long iron, a short iron and a putt and a couple of repeats of the former. They accept this and so when it happens, they don't have to dwell on the fact that it has happened. Its a thought process I think Murray has to achieve, accept that bad shots are going to be played or service breaks are going to happen, and get on with it and not be apprehensive, it happens to all the top players, they get broken, its no big deal and inevitably they break back again. Maybe Lendl has already got Andy thinking like this, as in the past, he did have a habit of beating himself up about not playing perfectly.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 11:41

I agree Jubba, Andy may have made life difficult with the breaks against him, but regrouped very quickly each time, it may work for him, but just from a fan perspective Andy's games are already roller coasters, this just seems to have added a 'thriller loop' Very Happy just as well I like roller coasters!! Looking forward to the match this evening, especially as Andy has never played Raonic, it should be a good match up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 12:22

Raonic pulled out of his doubles with an ankle injury, but I can't find any indication that he will pull out of the singles. Perhaps the withdrawal was purely precautionary. I hope so - I think Andy needs the match practice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 13:07

Yes, it is a match Andy needs to get under his belt, games like that help him practice the new mold and we know they all really like an easy match but if pushed, I think they'd all agree a good workout is more essential than essentially a free practice.

So they're now 5 hrs behind us, which means a probable 8pm start for Andy there, but 1am for us tonight.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 13:51

Are you expecting some very long matches before him? Laughing He is third on court with the first starting 11am local time, 4pm UK, so I would have thought 7-8pm UK time for Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 17:42

Raonic has pulled out through injury, Andy walkover to Rd 4. I was looking forward to that match too Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 17:46

Oh yeah, 3rd - not last, well that may be OK then Decrepitude, I can watch it on line. Yippee.

Oh drat, just read your post MTS1.

what with Hamilton getting another crappy unlucky day, its not a good Sunday this one.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 17:56

Yeah the Mclaren 1-2 was going to plan until the heavens opened, now thats what I call rain!! My positive is that Andy is through unscathed for the next match against either Melzer or Simon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 18:27

If I was Murray, I'd be a little put out.

If I was Hamilton, I'd be seething with anger, its just not falling for him again, another year of this and he'll prob give it all up.

Two poles and nothing to show for it apart from 30 points and sitting second in the tables, he should be top considering his driving so far.

So we have the Watson match to follow tonight at least, but that'll be a late one, 12:30am earliest.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 18:55

Hamilton is still very handily placed in the title race and seemed a little happier after today's race. Certainly a hot contender for the title this year - it could be a la Senna/Prost and be Button/Hamilton the McLaren drivers locked in a close scrap for the title.

Anyways back to Andy and shame Raonic pulled out as it had the makings of a very interesting match. Still Andy is through and has more ranking points in the bag. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 10:38

Watson loses to Azarenka, badly, but it was a bit closer than the scoreline shows, she did break Azaz's service once, but she hit a load of errors.

"David Law
5 live commentator
The most pleasing aspect of Watson's defeat, from a British point of view, was how disappointed she was afterwards. No player likes to lose 6-0 6-2, but the scoreline could and probably should have been a little closer and yet Watson knew she did not play to her potential. She told the media afterwards that she had hit more than 40 unforced errors, and shook her head as she said it. Watson expected more of herself, and that bodes well for future improvement"

Lets hope so.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 10:41

We've got the Flemchins up at at approx 10-11pm tonight V Stepanek/Paes.

After his drubbing last night to Nadal, I'm sure he'll be out for some revenge, however cold, it won't matter who's on the other side of the net.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 7:35

The first big shock overnight - Andy Roddick has beaten Roger Federer in three sets (only his 3rd win in 25 meetings with Fed) to end Fed's winning streak. A chance now for Andy Murray to close the gap on Federer in the rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 9:46

Ooh, the fans are gonna find this difficult to quantify after all the positive feedback Federer has said about the "best ever" tennis in his career and being in such great shape for years, unless they admit to themselves that he lost to a player who was better on the day, simple as that.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 9:49

No, they will say he tanked it to preserve his energy for the slams. We've been here before!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 9:55

You're not far off Decrepitude, if the latest V2 "opinions" are anything to go by.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 10:11

The usual guff with stuff like he looks like he wasn't too bothered about losing, he was unlucky, he lost his concentration blah blah blah. In short no criticism just feeble excuses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 10:14

Murray 3rd up again on the Grandstand court.

Hopefully we might actually get a glimpse of Andy playing around 8:00pm tonight !

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 10:16

Yes Jubbahey. Not one to count my chickens but Andy has an 8-1 head-to-head against Simon so I can only see one result. Fingers crossed.

Unjinx Unjinx....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 18:26

As long as Jinxman reed doesn't hex andy, he should win, but Simon didn't play that badly against Melzer.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 18:49

Fish looks to be winning against Almagro in two so hopefully not too long before we see Andy. Round 4 and I've yet to lay eyes on him Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:42

Well......maybe not Rolling Eyes On to a third it goes. Be about 8:30-9pm before Andy plays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:05

And Andy holds serve, phew - Game 1 analysis. 17 minutes 15 seconds long, and both players 1 unsuccessful challenge each. I think this match may go on for some time. Although Simon did have a bit of an injury in his previous match, will this come into play later Andy is certainly pushing him about the place....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum