Miami open

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miami open

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:06

Wow what an opening game. Over 17 minutes with long rallies and top quality. Murray holds serve to lead 1-0 but served several break points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:16

Rusty. I said that walkover might be too good for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:17

Evening all.

I'm watching on bet365. I don't like the sound of the female commentator's voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:21

If it's the same one that I am paying a small fortune for on tennistv, I quite agree. And she keeps whinging about Andy counterpunching - yes, I know we all want him to play more aggressively in general, but if this style has won him the last 8 matches against Simon. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:28

I'm on the chat MTS

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:29

Hi Dec,

I'm glad you agree, I thought it was just me.

I've had to turn the sound down now. At least I'm not paying for the pleasure lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:34

Dec...the chatbox is open, at the bottom of the forum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:48

Can't see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 21:58

Decrepitude wrote:Can't see it.

Sorry Dec. I should have said bottom of the homepage, anyway you're there now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 22:43

A decent win for Andy Murray that takes him into the quarters. An intriguing match to watch from the start and Andy always had the upper hand once he got the first break. Next up Tipsarevic and a match I'd expect Andy to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 22:45

easy enough for Andy in the end, but then he never really struggles against Simon, he simply has too many options for him. Tough first service game, but after that I don't think Simon even got to deuce on his serve, while Murray looked like he could break anytime.

not vintage by any means, but a pretty comfortable outing. Next up, Tipsy. Oh, and beloved Chelsea won too, continuing to fly the flag for England in Europe Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 9:47

Good ol' Kalou, always pops in a goal from somewhere.

Simon tried everything last night, thats why the 1st game was so long, he was hitting the lines all over the place, but Murray just stuck to his normal game and soaked it all up.

Good focus from Andy and shows that he has matured into a decent tennis machine at last.

Tipsy will be a harder match, but again, if Murray plays his game, he should win, but Tipsy may get a break and a set if Andy loses his concentration, but I'm not banking on that happening.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 15:27

I hope you are right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 19:40

Come on Andy boy, a good result tonight please

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 20:52

i'm on chat if anyone is around.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 7:13

Andy Murray coming through in three sets in the end in what was a gutsy display and like his health the performance was a bit up and down but unlike years gone by he kept his mind on the job and came through without mentally beating himself up.

Overnight Rafael Nadal came through against Tsonga in similar circumstances in three sets in a long match lasting almost two and three quarter hours. He will now face Andy in the semi-final on Friday (most likely to be on court for around 8pm UK Time). Hopefully, Andy will bring his more aggressive game to court as we know his passive game is asking for trouble against Rafa. It is an important match not so much in the context of the season but more of in terms of a chance for Andy to end a string of defeats against Nadal and start to impose himself on the Spaniard for the bigger matches that lie ahead. It is important as we have seen with Nadal against Federer and Djoko against Nadal that knitting together a winning streak against your closest rivals can be like gold dust and give you a big psychological advantage over our opponent prior to walking on court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 7:38

CaledonianCraig wrote:Andy Murray coming through in three sets in the end in what was a gutsy display and like his health the performance was a bit up and down but unlike years gone by he kept his mind on the job and came through without mentally beating himself up.

Overnight Rafael Nadal came through against Tsonga in similar circumstances in three sets in a long match lasting almost two and three quarter hours. He will now face Andy in the semi-final on Friday (most likely to be on court for around 8pm UK Time). Hopefully, Andy will bring his more aggressive game to court as we know his passive game is asking for trouble against Rafa. It is an important match not so much in the context of the season but more of in terms of a chance for Andy to end a string of defeats against Nadal and start to impose himself on the Spaniard for the bigger matches that lie ahead. It is important as we have seen with Nadal against Federer and Djoko against Nadal that knitting together a winning streak against your closest rivals can be like gold dust and give you a big psychological advantage over our opponent prior to walking on court.

Tokyo? still have a video of the third set, and watch it when I'm feeling down Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 8:13

Yes but was that an isolated incident MfC? That doubt will be there until Andy can knit together a string of these wins over Rafa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 17:13

8:00pm on chat if anyone's up for a natter.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 17:32

I expect I will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 17:41

I'll probably be around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 18:25

Its the best place to be for us Andy fans Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 19:01

Rafa has withdrawn - Official - Trouble with knee pain.

Shame but it does offer a match with Novak (probably) in the Final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 19:12

A great shame and pretty odd. I mean Rafa came through his semi reasonably fine. Still I'd imagine he wants to take no risks with the clay court just weeks away. A pity and not the way I wanted Andy in the final but still in the final he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 19:24

2 withdrawals? It's looking like people are afraid to meet Andy!

Ah well, finalist points without much difficulty, all the nearer to Fed in the rankings!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum