ATP Fans Draw Challenge

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATP Fans Draw Challenge

Is anyone here still part of the Tennis 606ers group or the V2 Newbies? I'm on both although the newbies seems to have been deserted. Still life in the 606ers though. I missed the picks for Indian Wells but have Miami in. Current 4000th (ish) out of 23000 (ish), not bad, not great either Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

ATP Fans Draw Challenge :: Comments

Post on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:52 by Jubbahey

I thought you meant the V2 group on the Fantasy Draw site.

V2 was fine when it started, I was a mod back in the early days and I didnt have much to do, Sol was there before me and was a Mod too.

Then the riff raff turned up, it was OK'ish to start with, then they started the liberty taking and it all went downhill from there. If the Admins had taken my advice and Sols, then we could have starved them the air they needed.

Who knows, some of them may have gone elsewhere, but for one of them, he doesn't have any other place to vent his anger, been banned from 2 sports sites already, and the other sites don't allow his kind of posting, so V2 is his last venue.

Its a shame, because the core of the tennis section is primarily made up of sensible posters, but within them, there are the rabble and they will continually bring the decorum down to their level when they see fit. Combine that with armchair experts who seem to have an inflated personal view of their tennis knowledge and the whole thing becomes a parody of itself. The self same poster who will insult your intelligence for having the gall to argue your point, will argue their point to oblivion and the exercise becomes pointless.

Sorry to see it go that way really.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 14 Apr 2012 - 18:53 by Guest

Yip it had the makings of a good place that could rise from the ashes of 606 maybe it might get back to that at some point in the future. As you say if one poster has the habit of making himself banned from sites it may only be a matter of time on v2.

Anyhoo, have my picks for MC sorted. I've been bold and taken Ferrer to put Djoko out before getting near Andy( as long as he keeps going). My picks only ever have Andy winning, when he does well, so do I

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 13:28 by Jubbahey

I've got Djokovic until semi, with Andy beating him there, but Ljubicic has lost to Dodig, my first loser...twit! bit of a thrashing too.

But I have Andy down in the final against Simon, and I'm not sure Nadal will get as far as the semi even, if his injury is still persistent.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:13 by Guest

I'm joint 1st with two games played. (I think though that joint first is along with ten thousand others)

Andy v Simon now thats bold, beats my bold picks Very Happy Having Simon is the only player I think I could comfortably watch Andy playing given his previous results against him, so I'm all for that one

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:36 by Jubbahey

Tsonga needs a few events on clay to warm himself up. i think Simon can take him here, but it all rests on his confidence, if he can beat Tsonga, then he may go all the way to the final, but he's a bit of a cop out sometimes and it all depends on how he comes out the starting blocks.

I think the bottom half is the more volatile and may throw up an outsider for the last match.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 21:14 by Guest

Ferrer being beat has really screwed up my picks, I had him to take out Nole in the quarters. Although its not too bad the other sections of my draw are going strong, lets see what tomorrow brings Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 22:49 by Jubbahey

Thats so unlike Ferrer on clay.

My picks are just about dead in the water, don't think I'll rise above 10000th place this time around. I still reckon Murray will get to the final, if only he can put the self-flagellation to one side and focus on the next point

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 21:18 by Guest

Jubba you have Simon to get to the final that's got to get you back in the mix. He put Tsonga out today you just might have pulled a trick out of the hat Very Happy

Mines are dead now, need to transfer all my focus to Madrid for Murray Maestro to win that one and so on and so on.......

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 0:34 by Jubbahey

It all rests on how good Nadals knees are. And how Simon comes out to play him.

He is notoriously hot and cold that Frenchmen, but when he's hot he's dangerous, but again, if Nadal is physically fit, then Gilles may not get to the
chance.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 6 May 2012 - 17:25 by Guest

I've boldly gone for Ferrer at Madrid in the absence of Andy, I like to take risks

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:27 by Jubbahey

The higher the risk the greater the reward, but Ferrer will only beat Nadal if Rafa plays a different game.

Not sure any of my picks are going farther than the 3rd round, except the top 2. I based them on their clay form recently.

Should be good for a laugh though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 7 May 2012 - 19:33 by Guest

Hey Jubba you currently have 6 out of 7, I've got 5 out of 7 not too bad a start for me, great for you Very Happy

How did Davydenko beat Karlovic Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 7 May 2012 - 20:50 by Jubbahey

Karlovic is rubbish on the red stuff. Even more so now !

Must go and have a look at the scores.

How did Baggy lose !! silly numpty.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 9 May 2012 - 10:10 by Jubbahey

Seems like the blue clay is throwing up all kinds of results.

Lopez, Ramos, Montanes, Ferrero, Chela, all fell to qualifiers or clay numpties.

Llodra losing to Seppi was a surprise, I know Seppi has been playing well lately, but he hasn't played on the red stuff that much, yet Llodra had.

Ahh, these fantasy games are not as easy as I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 9 May 2012 - 18:10 by Guest

No Jubba, they defo are not. Some shockers of results, it must be that blue stuff Very Happy

I'm 9000 ish out of 18000 ish. I posted somewhere I had Tomic to bead Fed. No, no, no, its Raonic to beat Fed that's what I've got.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 9 May 2012 - 19:47 by Jubbahey

Well, the players are already kicking up dust about the surface.

This is what happens when you let a loony loose with some power.

Tirac is calling it "Madrid's Trademark", this on the back of an obvious design campaign without talking to the players 1st.

I would compare it to changing a hard court masters surface to varnished wood, just to be different.

Idiots !

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 10 May 2012 - 18:43 by Guest

Argh so close with my Raonic prediction, gave Fed a fright. And now Nadal is out, though I picked the wrong compatriot to do it, but now Mr Ferrer may win this and I've got him, that must make me improve up the rankings a bit Laughing I like this blue stuff, its causing all sorts of upsets. I do wonder how Andy would have got on on it, as its pretty slidey?????

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 10 May 2012 - 19:02 by Jubbahey

Nadal beaten by Nando, not a good sign.

He has good reason the blame the surface too.

I suppose Tirac will call it "The Great Leveller" event from now on, and cite it as their new "trademark".

The mind boggles if this sort of thing catches on. Red Grass, Black HC, Transparent Clay....?

Whatever, my picks are nacked for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 10 May 2012 - 19:19 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote: Transparent Clay....?

Illuminated by nude light

I've just looked at my picks, bottom half totally blown to pieces and to add insult to injury, I'm lingering around 17000 ish out of 18000 ish. Just as well I have a day job that I'm not giving up any time soon. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 13 May 2012 - 12:12 by Guest

Missed the deadline for me picks for Rome. Was spending too much time in the real world, bah. Anyhoo going by my results last week, maybe its just as well. I think that was my worst showing ever Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 13 May 2012 - 15:19 by Jubbahey

Same here MTS.

Could have been fun.

I didnt do mine as the list wasnt complete when they released it, some qualifiers were missing, so I waited till later and forgot LOL.

Never mind, lets hope Murray can bring some recompense instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum