Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Its multiple choice and you can change your picks.

11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important.

Just a poll to see what you peeps think about some ideas to make the forum more accessible to new, potential members. Maybe a new front end or just tweaking whats here. Maybe some of you think, if it ain't broke, etc, or maybe there are some of you who would like extra bits and/or more effort with outside sources to attract new membership.

I'd appreciate an anonymous vote, just to ensure we are all giving a definitive appraisal, I'd like to see how we all view the forum without the need to feel we have to justify our choices. Be as honest as you can, if you feel I've left out any topical questions, please post them and I'll update the poll.

Thanks

Jubba

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important. :: Comments

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 12:26 by Jubbahey

If any of you feel question ten is relevant, then you can go here...(if you're an admin)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To see the different themes that can be applied. Remember not to press save settings! (although it is reversible I think)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 13:16 by Guest

Hi Jubba. I do find it a little hard to find stuff (could be that I'm just being a girl though!) so voted for no. 5.

Happy Easter to all the Murray Maniacs

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 15:28 by Jubbahey

Thanks Cats. Happy Easter to you, don't eat all the choccy in one go though !

(you weren't supposed to tell me your vote)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 15:56 by Guest

Oops, sorry Jubba. Clearly I am not into reading instructions

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 16:30 by Guest

I'd say it is fine as it is with the exception of maybe making it more recognisable as an Andy Murray Forum as I know wjhen I lost the link it was a devil trying to find it on Google etc.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 22:59 by Guest

I like the blue colour scheme....I find it very restful on the eye.

I agree with Craig. We need to be more recognisable as an AM forum.

Hi Cats

Really sorry Rafa's had knee trouble, I was very disappointed when he had to pull out of his match with Andy.

Hope he's recovering.

Happy Easter to you and the rest of the Rafateers

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 9:22 by Guest

I agree with CC and Sol, it can be hard to find this as an Andy Murray Forum, especially if you just type in 'Andy Murray' as this page doesn't come up near the front of the results (albeit there are 19,800,000 using Google), if you click on the link at the bottom of the first page andy murray forum MTF is on the second page and another forumotion site that is quite similar to this one which originally was andymurray.forumotion.com and is now www.andymurrayfanforum.com, so it may be useful to change the colour scheme to differentiate. WARNING there is a member in there known as Hawkeye Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 12:50 by Guest

MTS1 wrote:WARNING there is a member in there known as Hawkeye Shocked

LOL MTS!

I used to belong to that forum, before they had the plug pulled and had to start over again (I didn't rejoin btw)

Anyway, their Hawkeye was very nice, from what I can remember from his/her postings Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 23:53 by Jubbahey

I think its best if we leave this up until after the Monte Carlo event, so everyone gets a look at it who have a vested interest here.

It looks at the moment as if a slight revamp of the interface is wanted, as well as a look at the new front ends available as a quick fix that can be tweaked further.

Right now, I'm in favour of looking at ways to streamline the forum headers, keep the colour scheme, I agree with Sol, the blue is easy on the eyes compared to other sites, but they could do with tidying up a bit.

But lets see what the overall message is after Murray wins his first clay event next week

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 11:08 by Guest

The only problem I have is that links don't show up very clearly. I wouldn't know which (if any) of the options would solve that, so I haven't voted.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 13:30 by Jubbahey

Is that links on a search engine or on our site decrepitude ?

If its search engine, then there's nothing we can do about that, if its us, we might be able to tweak the settings a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 14:37 by Guest

The links on this site. If you move your cursor about they come up in red, but before that they aren't much different to the normal font colour. Unless that is something that is affected by which browser one uses - I use Firefox.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 17:44 by Jubbahey

I'll look into that Decrepitude.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:59 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:
But lets see what the overall message is after Murray wins his first clay event next week

Love your positive thinking Jubba

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:10 by Guest

Solerina wrote:
MTS1 wrote:WARNING there is a member in there known as Hawkeye Shocked

LOL MTS!

I used to belong to that forum, before they had the plug pulled and had to start over again (I didn't rejoin btw)

Anyway, their Hawkeye was very nice, from what I can remember from his/her postings Very Happy

Embarassed Whoops, thanks for letting me know Sol. Sorry Hawkeye (the nice one) if you ever visit Very Happy and to the other Hawkeye well

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 22:39 by Jubbahey

MTS1 wrote:
Jubbahey wrote:

Love your positive thinking Jubba [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm getting lessons from Lendl......focus and believe and remember to hit the ball really really hard!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 14 Apr 2012 - 15:39 by Guest

LOL..at MTS!

Yes, love the positive attitude Jubbs Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 12:35 by Jubbahey

So...

A Redesign of our forum front piece and/or including a complete overhaul of the general look and feel of the site.
Coupled with more presence online.

Well, I'm trying hard to do the latter, but obviously the former is going to need consultation with everybody.

To the Admins here, if you have time this week, can you go into the admin panel and look here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You need to login of course, but if you look at the HitSkin.com examples, and click on a design, they will update a preview window below, where you can explore the design using our normal links to different forums and navigate through them to see what they would look like.

There are quite a lot of them, 66 pages worth, so I don't expect anyone to pick a fav just yet.

If we all like a design, don't forget we can tweek the graphic content as well as change the overall layout afterwards to get it to something we can all work with comfortably.

If we have a few designs pending, we could use them for a week each, to see how we all cope with each one and get feedback about the design. Its easy to change from one to the other and get back to our original at any time, so no worries there.

The Bluey Design by Josh01 on P17 is easy on the eye, but I've yet to come across one that has a tennis theme to it. We may have to re-design a few graphics to make it look more like a tennis forum.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 12:46 by Jubbahey

Actually sent this using the Bluey Design template !!??

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 22:15 by Guest

I've only time for a quick look right now, but I really like Green Simplicity on page 7.

I think a green forum might be nice Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 22:24 by Guest

I agree with the green idea Solerina - very Wimbledonesque. However, a word of warning is that not all templates allow for a banner/picture at the top so be careful which one you choose.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 9:38 by Jubbahey

I'll check on that CC, but as far as I know, the Admin page display section allows you to change everything about a design, including all the graphics, so it should be possible, but I'll check it out.

On a personal note, I'd have to be drip fed hallucinatory drugs to like the green design.... rofl

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 9:44 by Jubbahey

But, taking your choice a little bit further Sol, lawn green as an overall colour scheme would be nice as well as maybe, tennis ball icons for header pics and a Wimbledon theme for background pics etc...I'm sure we could concoct something to give the site more of a tennis feel to it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 10:30 by Jubbahey

You may have noticed a little change, just me experimenting.

Thoughts as always please.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum