Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Its multiple choice and you can change your picks.

11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important.

Just a poll to see what you peeps think about some ideas to make the forum more accessible to new, potential members. Maybe a new front end or just tweaking whats here. Maybe some of you think, if it ain't broke, etc, or maybe there are some of you who would like extra bits and/or more effort with outside sources to attract new membership.

I'd appreciate an anonymous vote, just to ensure we are all giving a definitive appraisal, I'd like to see how we all view the forum without the need to feel we have to justify our choices. Be as honest as you can, if you feel I've left out any topical questions, please post them and I'll update the poll.

Thanks

Jubba

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Another <yawn> poll, but this time, its important. :: Comments

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 10:44 by Guest

Seems like a load of balls to me.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 10:44 by Guest

But I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 14:23 by Guest

The moving balls seem to bring the forum to life.

When we've decided on the new look for the forum, and have it all in place, we will have to have a serious recruitment drive.

This is all very exciting Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 14:03 by Jubbahey

If everyones ok with it, one day next week I will try to change the frontend with what a few of you have put forward, a bit of green and stuff to give the site more flavour. Leave it up for a day to see how it works and get feedback from you all. Its easy to change back to our original, but we may lose a days worth of posts, don't know what will happen when or if we revert, but the forumotion site saves a version every day, with up to ten reverts available at any one time.

Last edited by Jubbahey on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 14:28; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 14:17 by Guest

Yes it worked quite well I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 14:28 by Jubbahey

OK, all back to normal CC,
and it shows we can uplift the frontface a lot to make it look more Tennissee ( Very Happy ).

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:38 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:OK, all back to normal CC,
and it shows we can uplift the frontface a lot to make it look more Tennissee ( Very Happy ).

Aaaw...I missed it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 16:56 by Jubbahey

It was only the tennis balls Sol, you missed nowt me dear.

Trying to find the time to find some topical gif's and clipart as well as tennis related backgrounds.

If anyone has got some good links or some such then I'll put up a repository topic in this section for you to post it there.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 7 May 2012 - 13:53 by Jubbahey

Well, hopefully the pastel shading is more acceptable to your eyes.

Can't get any help from the forumotion people about the CSS problem, so it looks like a complete rewrite will be in order, which means taking the site offline for a day in the near future, unless I can find a way to edit the raw CSS and get rid of the dross.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 7 May 2012 - 19:16 by Guest

Oh No!!!! If you do need to go offline Jubba please please please do it when Andy is out with his injury. This is my favourite place to come when Andy is playing.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 7 May 2012 - 21:03 by Jubbahey

No, it'll probably be a late night, when the scene is quiet.

I think this is the only way to go, but I'm still suspicious that the CSS code (Cascading Style Sheets, which enables one to program the whole site, rather than page by page, with small scripts) contains obsolete code from the two Hitskin themes I installed last month. It seems it may only over-write code that has changed, and it keeps the old stuff, making it bloated and larger than the 64K size that is allowed. Now its too big, it wont load into the editor and I can't change stuff like the chatbox background etc.

Whether a reload of a theme from before the Hitskin ones will restore a clean CSS is moot, until I either do it or someone on the techie forums tells me it does or doesn't.

ATM, I have had no constructive reply over there, so I'll wait a few more days, then decide what to do. It should happen before Rome though.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum