New Forum Design Bank (deposit artwork here)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Forum Design Bank (deposit artwork here)

If you have any relevant links to artwork or topical icon work, then please drop it in here, so we can try it out.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

New Forum Design Bank (deposit artwork here) :: Comments

Post on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 10:38 by Jubbahey

Topic icons - subject
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Topic icons - hot and new

Header Pic - grass

Background pic - grass
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Andy Murray pic

Forum Pic background

Last edited by Jubbahey on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 14:23 by Guest

That all looks good Jubbs.

I love the grass Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 14:31 by Guest

That's a good pic of Andy you've got in your link, Jubba.

It's a job to find a good pic of him in action, he looks like the Wild Man of Borneo in most of them.

I rather like the pic we already have at the top of our forum.

This is a nice pic of Andy...he's looking seriously cool here Cool

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 20:36 by Jubbahey

The more the merrier Sol.

Anything you think may look good, we can chop and change it as we go along.

I may take a HitSkin theme and use it as a base and change all the pics and icons within it, post it and see what the reception is like.

I may need to swap it over, save it and then return to this theme, so I may do that one day over the weekend, late at night. I'll warn everyone first though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 21:52 by Guest

Ok, Jubbs.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 3 May 2012 - 20:19 by Jubbahey

I had a go, and it didnt quite go as planned.

thoughts anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 3 May 2012 - 21:35 by Guest

I like that, Jubbs.

A bit of green grass is perfect for a tennis forum

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 10:23 by Jubbahey

What do you think of the present colour scheme Sol, or anyone come to that ?

Dont know why it reverted to a scheme I tried a few weeks ago, but it never updated it properly at the time, so when I reloaded a previous scheme last night, it brought up the exact colour differences I had saved, but had never shown.

Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 10:26 by Jubbahey

I tried using the Bluey Hitskin last night too, and it got all mixed up with our original colour scheme, some of the icons were missing and the background colours to comments and forum panels were unchanged, so the whole thing looked a mess.

Its something that will need a few hours of tweaking one night, but we definitely need some more sample pictures and wallpapers.

So please try to find a few on your travels everyone, I can readjust their sizes etc, so don't worry about that side of things.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 16:05 by Guest

Love that green grass one. But this one is a tad dark. Who turned out the lights? eyew

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 19:45 by Guest

Yes like the grass. Very Happy No the theme and not what you think. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 20:40 by Guest

I love the green grass round the edges...and I LOVE the picture of Wimbledon on the header, and I think Andy would definitely approve of the picture of him we are using.

So I think the header is perfect and very eye-catching...hope we can keep it Very Happy

The background is a bit dark. Would a very pale green would be possible?

I'll leave you to keep tinkering with it Jubbs......you're doing a grand job

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 20:41 by Jubbahey

How spliffing !

Ok chaps and chappies, gonna leave the new scheme up for tonight so its gets saved.

See what you think. I've got a few icons to change, but I'm a bit frazzled, so I'll take a rest from it for a while. Can't get the CSS code up, its the place where you can change every aspect of the site, including the chatroom background pic, but it wont accept the basic CSS sheet ! says its too long !!

It might update itself tomorrow. We'll have to see.

Hi Sol, yes its dark at the mo', but the colour wheel is not that friendly, so its going to take a bit of tweaking tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 20:51 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:
........but I'm a bit frazzled, so I'll take a rest from it for a while.

Hi Jubbs,

yes, give yourself a break from it for a while

Sorry I can't be more help with this, I'm a complete technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 21:00 by Guest

Yes go and chill out but yes if possibly just a slightly lighter green and it would be spot on. I also really like the Wimbledon panorama shot in the banner.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 21:06 by Jubbahey

thanks y'all

Best leave it for a while and see it with fresh eyes.

See you later

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 4 May 2012 - 21:09 by Guest

Night Jubbs. Night Craig.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 5 May 2012 - 7:44 by Guest

This stripd green (with fresh eyes) doesn't look too bad actually.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 5 May 2012 - 10:50 by Guest

Not sure about the new Andy photo though. I feel it should show him in tennis gear so that it leaves visitors without any possible doubt what Andy is famous for. Just my opinion mind.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 5 May 2012 - 11:48 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:This stripd green (with fresh eyes) doesn't look too bad actually.

Lol Craig...that's just what I thought when I first logged in.

It looks dark to us coz we're not used to it.

I wonder what it would look like to someone new, who didn't know what it was like before?

I like the photo of Andy because it's different. Anyone who doesn't know what Andy does wouldn't be interested in us anyway.

We need some more opinions on all this....hopefully the other members will be along soon and can tell us what they think.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:10 by Jubbahey

This may interset some of you...what a googlebot looks at...and where it originates from...
If you look closely, at the bottom is a list of who or what is online, me and google, then there is the location icon on the map, me in the UK and google in the USofA, more interesting is what it looks at, the forum index....is that all ?, it disappeared very soon after I took this screenshot, so it didnt go very deep into the fourum.

Why it bothers I dont know, I did a search today, and I can't find us at all anywhere on their search engine.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 6 May 2012 - 17:10 by Guest

Hi All, I've been off line for a few days had to get an assignment in which I've now just completed, yay and double yay!! Some wee comments seeing as how I've missed a few days. Jubba big congrats on all your work, you are getting more techno-aware by the minute and I'm mighty impressed Very Happy Love the grass look, my only wee negative is that I'm not sure about the green tones, its a little bland and my mouse blinker gets lost in the text box when typing, not sure if anyone else has that small problem.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 6 May 2012 - 17:18 by Guest

Just remembered another wee point re the colour scheme, when you originally asked this I liked the look of the burgundy with the green border (where you have the grass pics) and thought this looked really wimbledony.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:16 by Jubbahey

The blinker maybe down to what kind of pointer you have selected in Windows or your browser, which one are you using MTS ?

I can't remember the burgundy scheme, was that over the whole page or just a few borders ? (it may have been the Bluey hitskin theme before I'd changed a few things)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum