Rome 1000 event

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rome 1000 event

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:20

Great winner from Andy - Deuce loved that little smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:23

Yesss. Game, set and match to Andy Murray 6-1 4-6 7-5. Phew. A cracking match that. Got to feel a tad sorry for Nalbandian. Hopefully, Andy can go on a run from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:24

Lordy that was a bit close for comfort. Kudo's to Bandy making a match of it after his write off first set, pushing Andy all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:24

Well done Andy - the Murray Coaster rolls on goodjob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:25

Didnt see 99% of the match, but if it was difficult, that is what he needs, something to build on instead of a flying start.

Well done to Andy for getting through when two breaks points against him in that service game.

clap

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:26

the birthday song is embarrassing, stop it already !!!

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 21:09

I watched the first set live, then had to pause the stream and watch the rest later.

The second and third sets were nail-biters! Never mind, Happy Birthday Andy, you made it through to the next round!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 May 2012 - 21:18

Good to see he had the balls to fightback against adversity. Also good to see he has tomorrow off to get over this energy sapping win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 16 May 2012 - 19:56

Andy Murray is due on court tomorrow afternoon at around 4pm (UK time) to take on Richard Gasquet in the Third Round of the Rome International.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 16 May 2012 - 20:02

Today I saw a recording of the on-court after-match by Sky yesterday - it was pretty obvious that Andy's back was hurting, he was holding himself very stiffly and shifting position as he talked, as though he was very uncomfortable. Matches against Gasquet are usually pretty strenuous too. I have my fingers firmly crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 17 May 2012 - 10:40

That doesn't look good Decrepitude.

Lets hope he hasn't irritated it too much.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 16:20

A carbon copy of his first match (well almost) in Rome. Murray winning the first set 7-6 but the second set he has switched off and Gasquet has stormed into a 5-1 lead in the second set. Loooks like a deciding set coming up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 17:06

Third set going with serve with Gasquet leading 3-2. To be honest should Andy lose he can only have himself to blame. He carved out countless chances to break serve but just never took them and is being troubled now by blisters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 17:11

Gasquet breaks to lead 4-2 and Murray now on the brink I am afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 17:16

Gasquet leads 5-2 and I am afraid the writing looks to be on the wall. First serve started off well in this match for Andy but when that dipped so did the rest of Andy's game. He had his chances but never took them unlike Gasquet. Credit to the Frenchman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 17:20

Gasquet wins through 6-7 6-3 6-2. A disappointing performance from Andy but again it was more of a match lost in Andy's head more than anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 17:53

Very disappointing, very erratic. He should have won that match, he is better than Gasquet, but their matches have always been close. Andy wins the 5-setters because he is fitter.

I don't think the back problem had anything to do with this loss, Andy seemed to be moving fine. It was keeping the ball in the court that seemed to be the main problem - apart from the perennial poor serving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 18:05

Surely, Lendl must realise Andy's serve needs addressing as it is a massive millstone around his neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 18:13

The serve for sure but he had seventeen break points of which he won only two.

This has been a problem for him many times before when he could and should have won matches.

I don't hold out much hope for him at RG on today's (clay) performance but all would be forgiven if he can come up trumps at Wimbledon or the Olympics.

Figures crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 22:40

I don't like the sound of this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18109728

It sounds like Andy's injury is an on-going thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 May 2012 - 23:02

However having mentioned the Back problem he also says ""But hopefully by the time the French Open comes around I'll be in peak condition. That's the goal."

So how bad is it!?!?

Hopefully not too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 18 May 2012 - 6:16

But is that just wishful thinking that he'll be fine by the French Open? Compared to last year his clay form has been poor but there again at the Australian Open and the tournaments that followed he looked better than last season so is it an intermittent problem or just one that plays on his mind psychologically in times of poor form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 18 May 2012 - 14:39

I think it is probably intermittent to some extent. I have had a chronic back problem (started with herniated discs) for more than 30 years, and at times it is much worse than others.

Probably the grinding nature of clay tennis will bring on an onset of trouble. It was noticeable (to me anyway) that in the two matches this week, he played much better at the start than later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum