Eastbourne Aegon Championships

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eastbourne Aegon Championships

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-International/

As an old Eastbournian, I'm quite proud of what the championship has become and its transtion into the mixed formula of men and women.

I'm a bit miffed to be honest, as now they have knocked down the roofed north stand and put up an open air one, the attic room at the top of the large house, 2nd from right, can now view the whole court. And yes, that was my bed sit room way back in the late 70's. Its just not fair. Bad luck seems to follow me, three schools built swimming pools after I left and a College of further education bridged themselves with the Art college down the road, which was full of nubile young ladies and nude models, typical !

Still, the place where I learnt to ball boy and play lawn tennis hasn't changed all that much, apart from the peripheral buildings, which are becoming a bit of an eyesore, esp the Congress Theatre add ons. But much of the Parks magic still remains and I had a look around yesterday when I drove down to pay respects to a friend of mine. Hopefully they wont build any more stuff, but Aegon may have different views on that score.

PS, the blackwater road abode is not bedsits anymore ...so many happy memories when I had no money at all.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum