Wimbledon 2012

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:11

Go on Andy. A break to lead 3-1 in the fourth set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:17

Damnations Tsonga breaks back straight away. banghead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:23

Not liking how this match his heading. No Nails Left 3-3 in the fourth set Andy looking rattled. No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:37

Phew Andy saves break points on his own serve and leads 5-4 in the fourth serve. Tsonga will serve to stay in the match. No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:40

Tsonga holds to level at 5-5 in the fourth set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:44

Murray holds again to lead 6-5 and he'll have at least a tie-break in the fourth set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:51

Oh YESSSSSSS. What an emotional moment as Andy wraps up the win. Almost some tears there from Andy. Credit to Jo for his warm congratulation. The 74 year long wait is over folks. hhaappyy Groupies2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:51

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:52

Andy Murray I salute you. You are my hero, and so is Tsonga, what a lovely guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:59

Great reaction from Jo - I like your style mate. Take a bow Andy - the first British man to reach the singles final at Wimbledon since 1938. clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 20:01

I'm still speechless.

I wish he was meeting Novak rather than Roger, though. All the sweeter if he can manage the win, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 20:04

Decrepitude wrote:I'm still speechless.

I wish he was meeting Novak rather than Roger, though. All the sweeter if he can manage the win, of course.

Especially, if it was the Djokovic that turned up today as he was really pretty poor for some reason. But remember that Andy leads 8-7 in the head-to-heads with Federer though trails against Djokovic so not so sure if it is really such a bad thing that Andy plays Federer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 20:20

I think it is a bit of sweet revenge, and a date with destiny awaits. Roger doesn't like playing Andy due to his constant movement and returning. Andy needs his serve to work. And he needs to steer clear of Fed's ferocious back hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 22:07

Great thread boys and girls!

Well, I hope you've all got some fingernails left...coz you'll need something to chew on on Sunday!

I got home from work to see Murray two sets up and looking to lose the third set to Tsonga.

Being the coward I am I decided I couldn't watch the rest, so I went to the gym hoping for good news when I got there.

My mate told me Andy had won! Then went on to say what a miserable old so and so he thought Andy was. I did my best to defend Andy but was so happy at the win I didn't let it spoil the moment.

So the final is at 2.00pm on Sunday. I will have to leave for work at 4.30pm, so hope Andy quickly wraps things up in 3 straight sets Very Happy

I'm feeling quietly confident that Andy will get the better of Fed in the Final.

Anyway huge congrats Andy for reaching his first Wimbledon Final (hugs to Tsonga)

Good luck Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 22:36

What a great fight to keep his head above water and make Tsonga serve to survive. My heart suddenly went up a few beats when Andy walked out to receive at 6-5 in the 4th set. It was like a spiritual experience watching him grind out that last game and win the match.

Lots of talk about destiny and there somehow seems to be a weird sense of it being wriiten in the hallowed halls permiating already. Can't get the feeling off my mind, but maybe tomorrow it will feel different. I felt like this about the Henman/Ivanisivic semi, then the heavens opened and like a punishing finger of God, reprimanded us all for thinking such things, but I've got a funny feeling in my bones that Murray can do this.

It may take 5 sets of heart wrenching, nerve wracking, excrutiating painful viewing, but I have every faith in him that he can beat Federer this time round. And yes, I will eat humble pie and admit I was wrong to doubt him. I'd eat my hat and house if it guaranteed a slam win for him.

Sorry Sol, but I can't see him doing it in 3 sets, 4 would be a amazing, but 5 looks to be more realistic given Federer's level ATM. The press are going to go nuts, tomorrows papers will have a front, back and centre fold feature of him no doubt, but if he wins it they may all instantaneously combust, with luck !

Its going to be a much closer final than the others thats for sure.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 22:57

Great result for Andy but give him his due he is consistent - kept us behind the sofa in that third set No Nails Left

I did say earlier that I thought a Fed v Andy final could be on the cards, however Roger seems to be the big favourite this time so that in turn should help Andy on Sunday!

If he can keep his serving percentage on the level he has been achieving, anything is possible.

Let's hope he can and put all the doubters to bed once and for all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 7:06

This slam final (hopefully) will be a little different as to how he approaches it. He has already created a piece of history by reaching the final and becoming the first British man in the Wimbledon final since 1938 so surely that will help to relieve a bit of the pressure. Hopefully, it will take away all those inhibitions he has seemingly played with in his previous three slam finals and allow him to play like we all know he can. Even if he starts uninhibited and wins one of the first two sets then the self-belief will get a massive boost not just for this match but future slam finals and will tell him he can win sets in slam finals. As for Roger Federer, well we know he is the greatest player of all-time, 17-time slam winner and 6-time Wimbledon winner but lets remember Andy leads 8-7 in their head-to-heads and also that Roger has been slamless now for two and a half years so there are reasons for optimism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:43

Jubbahey wrote:Sorry Sol, but I can't see him doing it in 3 sets, 4 would be a amazing, but 5 looks to be more realistic given Federer's level ATM.

Yes Jubbs, I can see it being a very loooooong match indeed.

I wish I could be here with you all to watch it

Still at least I can watch some of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 20:32

If you want to look at another Andy forum like this one, which doesn't contain the usual anti Murray rubbish - check out:

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/index.php

You may or not be aware of this site already?

(For your info the person sitting on the far left next to Kim in Andy's box is the chap that runs and manages this site)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 21:43

I thought he was the one that runs the official site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 21:51

I thought they were connected but maybe not.

Anyway it's a good site.

I see CC has just joined it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 21:57

Yes not posted there yet though. Don't worry folks I am not deserting you. Anybody nervous? No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:03

CaledonianCraig wrote: Anybody nervous?

Very.

Trying to keep calm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:12

I am on chat now willing to offer counselling...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:47

A post now from the heart before I turn in for the night.

Obviously, it is the biggest match in Andy's life tomorrow and I am very nervous. I hope, first and foremost that Andy does himself justice and gives a good account of himself improving on the poor showing in his previous three slam finals. If he remains focussed, positive, aggressive and believes in himself then he has a fabulous chance but any flaws in him and they will be exploited. I am hoping and praying Andy wins but if not if he goes down losing in four or five sets I will see that as a step foorward and maintain my belief that a slam win is still possible and that he is getting closer. What I am dreading more than anything is another straight sets loss as that would leave me with confidence shattered and feeling that Andy is no closer to winning a slam and will have me doubting if he ever will win one. I hope that isn't the scenario. Still at least he will have made his own bit of history by reaching the final and nothing can take that away from him now. Best of luck Andy. Scotlandfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum