Wimbledon 2012

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 1:10

I'm going to predict the score line for today's final.

Murray V Federer.....Murray in 5 sets

7-5
3-6
4-6
6-4 or 7-6
8-6 or 9-7

Based on the fact that Roger hasn't been pushed apart from Benneteau in the 3rd round and the semi with Djoko, but it wasn't a long match by normal standards.
Stamina wise, Andy has the edge and I think Federer knows this so he'll try to get two sets down quickly, that may play into Andy's hands early on. Federer should begin to move ahead by set 3, but Murray will begin to play better during the 4th and 5th sets.

Yes, I believe he can do it this time, its not destiny, but the feeling I get is that Federer won't be able to contain Murray late on in the match and we'll see Andy play better and better as the game progresses from the 3rd set onwards.

Of course, Andy's service will now stand the test of his life, but it has improved dramatically in this tournament and is improving all the time. Murray's return game will play a pivotal role today and force Roger into making big plays and mistakes on his own service. IMO.

And for once I don't feel like I'm being bold in making statements like that.

So good luck Andy,

may the force be with you.... emperor

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 8:52

I do so hope you are right Jubba with that prediction.

My hopes and confidence will soar if he can get over the first mental barrier - win a set in a slam final. If he can manage that it will give a massive boost to his self-belief and it will enable him to really get his teeth into the match. Also its a boost for future slams as proves he can win sets in finals. That is the key for me today. If he wins a set I can see him doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 11:28

Great posts from Craig and Jubba.

I am more confident than I've ever been that Andy can win his first Slam title.

Good luck Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:21

Hi Murray Maniacs

Just popped by to say a massive Good Luck to your boy.

All the Rafateers are supporting Andy and we are all

So much for a stress free Wimbledon after Rafa went out!

Hope for a great match and a first time Champion at the end of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:51

Cheers cats. That nervous emoticon is wrong though as my fingers have been nibbled away down to the knuckles. Cheers to all the Rafateers for their support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:59

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Greatness awaits.

The roof is to remain closed. This has encouraged me slightly as Andy's indoor form coupled with grass play is one of the best, although Fed is also very much in the same boat. I'm not sure I'll actually survive today (jest, jest, jest) as my heart has had palpations since early this morning. Listening to all and sundry on the BBC and Sky has made me even more nervous, as well as the papers. My heart is already heaving with the thought of a loss, and I just can't consider what emotions are required for an Andy win... yet. That will come along at 6pm ish as I live and pray.

Andy Murray, best of luck to you today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:52

cats_r_cool wrote:Hi Murray Maniacs

Just popped by to say a massive Good Luck to your boy.

All the Rafateers are supporting Andy and we are all

So much for a stress free Wimbledon after Rafa went out!

Hope for a great match and a first time Champion at the end of it

Hi Cats!

Thanks for your kind words and support.

Love to you and all the Rafateers

Sol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 16:36

Break time. First of all Andy has got that massive monkey off his back about not winning a set in a final. Very frustrating though as he made all the running in the second set and perhaps should have won it or at least got the tie-break. Now with the break it is time to regroup and he is still in there fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 18:32

Gutted. Andy lost but at least he won a set this time. The key point came at the end of the second set when he had chances to break but couldn't take them and losing that set was a body blow that he never truly recovered from. He looked tired from there on in and looked like he was running on fumes but at least he has won a set now in a final so he is slowly getting there so it keeps my hope alive that he can do it.

Congratulations to Roger Federer as he showed today why he is rated as the greatest of all-time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 19:37

I have always thought it is cruel to ask the defeated player to give an interview, before he has time to collect himself.I
didn't expect him to win, all I was really hoping for was that he would
give a better account of himself than he has done in his previous
finals, and he did that. I still think he would have had a better chance
if he had met Djokovic in the final, but it wasn't to be. No matter how
badly he plays during a tournament, Fed nearly always manages to pull
out a good performance in finals. Eight Wimbledon finals, and he has won
seven of them! And the other was very close.
I think Lendl has
made an enormous difference to Andy's attitude (and forehand, and second
serve), and I'm still looking forward hopefully. The trouble is, Andy's
best surface in hard, and there are so many good players on hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 19:59

Many pluses to take from the match though. At last he won a set in a slam and it could and perhaps should have been two sets and if he had managed that the momentum swing would never of happened for Federer. It is all about fine margins in the end. He lost to the greatest player of all-time but has propelled himself right into the mix for future slam wins. If we look at the chief contenders now then Rafa has been rocked down to his boots by his defeat early at Wimbledon, Novak looks beatable again and okat Fed is rejuvenated but he cannot go on forever. Andy on the other hand is gaining momentum gradually in slams now and is very close (around 500 points) away from moving into third in the rankings ahead of Nadal. A lot to be hopeful for the future in my opinion. Well done Andy you did us proud and....maybe next time. clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 22:47

Yes disappointed that he didn't win it but as CC says a lot of positives from the match and I think Ivan has got him going in the right direction.

Four break points in the second set which he didn't convert but the way Federer played once the roof closed was in his own words "some of the best tennis he has played" and a tall order for Andy or anyone one for that matter to have beaten him.

Onward and upwards Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 23:38

Such a turnaround in fortunes, from Andy dictating early on to Federer moving Andy around so much he was knackered in the 4th set and Roger looked as fresh as a daisy.

Can't say anything more than Murray did as good a job today as he could do under the kind of shots Federer was producing, once he settled and got his rhythm and length, the 4th set was an example of why Federer is so good at these things. Feel sad for Andy, he tried his best but looked out of sorts for the second half of the match, which surprised me, but then Roger just does this to people sometimes, look at Djokovic in the semi, made to look mundane and ordinary.

As you all say, he did us proud and there is lots to look forward to....

3 set Olympics and the US open to feast our eyes on, Nadal is already rattled at the prospect of only 3 sets on grass and you never know, Andy may get his sweet revenge.

A good run in the good ol' USA hardcourt season and we may be looking at another slam final for our man.

Oh yes, I have to eat my hat and some humble pie. Spank

Sorry Andy for disbelieving your abilities and thinking you didn't have it in you to reach a final and play some of your best tennis to get there. Oh God!

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:21

Oh how my heart heaved last night, and that interview just tipped me over. This lad is pure gold, and an absolute credit to the nation. Can't be any more proud of trying to beat Fed, who again just happened to play his best tennis when meeting Andy. What is it with players raising their game to A+ when it comes to Andy. Fed played some beauties in there yesterday and was making his own bit of history. It was a special day indeed all round. And all back again in 19 days for the Olympics. WOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 21:45

You know there ARE still genuine people who think Murray said ABE out of spite and still use it as a yardstick to describe their dislike of him, based solely on that remark !

The fact that in this day and age of internet information, there are still Luddites who can't make use of a simple search technique and find out for themselves what the fracas was all about and see that a handful of journos released the news in an out of context form and created the monster that idiots crave to throw stones at.

I was totally gobsmacked that a female comedian on the Wright Show this morning had the incredible naivety to say that Murray should be very careful making remarks about England and if he does he should apologise soon afterwards. OMG, that coming from a joker, so I presume every time she cracks an Irish joke, she would have to make a public apology to the whole of the Irish nation ?
I can't believe people still don't get the whole situation about the ABE remark, is it going to become an Urban Myth ? a Black Mariah to transport Andys career for the rest of his life ?

I wish some upstanding celebrity would tell the world how it is, but maybe that would spoil it for us, knowing how the dumb people stay dumb through their die hard belief that everything in the papers is true.

There are even level headed people who say that they will not support a Scottish sportsman, because he is not English, to which my friend asked, so at the Olympics who do you choose not to support in the GB team then ?
Sad innit.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 15:27

Yes Jubba all quite pathetic really. Some cretins on ja606 still post that as their reason not to support him and even though I posted a link to a youtube interview in which Tim Henman explained the true story of 'that' press conference and debunking it as myth did the brain dead read it? Of course not. They prefer to believe he said it and think that gives them a cause to hate him purely because they want to hate him. I have given for now trying to explain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 22:56

You will never get away from the National divide especially England & Scotland, whether it be Football,Rugby or in Andys case Tennis- sad as it may be.

I have given up even looking, (far less posting) on other sites apart from Murray forums such as this, as its the same old repetitive "rubbish" that keeps cropping up.

Just enjoy the tennis, as for comments about Andy they aren't going to change him or what happens in the future, but I am sure he will get that first elusive Slam and that in turn will shut up a lot of the doubters and moaners.

The big question should be when is he going to get some company on the tour on a regular basis from another British male singles player, this should be of more concern to the people that are always trying to put him down.

He is after all the main person keeping GB at the front on the world tennis map which a lot of people conveniently forget!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 20:24

Its called complacency BOO, and lets face it, the media have their own share of bigots who are not really journalists, just jumped up mouth boxes with a chip on their shoulder (read frustrated sportsmen) who like nothing better than to spend their time digging up or making up stuff to soil Murray's character.

They have a lot to answer for, but its an occupational hazard that Andy has to face on a day to day basis, so I'm sure he's thick skinned enough now to take it on the chin 99% of the time.

I find it annoying that nobody (read us, Joe Public) has a place to counter these idiots, they are the press and as such are untouchable or irreproachable, which makes the whole thing stink.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 22:12

Don't know about you Jubba but I for one do not buy a Daily Newspaper and haven't done so for a few years now.

Didn't even look at any of the media hype surrounding Andy's win after the Tsonga semi (apart from BBC coverage which you couldn't avoid) bet Andy didn't either lol

Take the present coverage of the John Terry racism case which even gets top billing on the national news - just as well they don't look at some of the forum comments which are 100 times worse in some instances- saw one the other week on v2 by a character called seifer almasy?? commenting on Rafa after his defeat saying he was scum and no better than an animal - didn't even get deleted by the mods - that when I decided to stop looking at other forums!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 23:25

I do wonder what drives some people to such distractions, sums up society right now, peoples attitudes.

We all did the same thing over a pint, but it was between ourselves, now its online in the public domain, you may as well have gone out with a tin of spray and plastered those comments about Nadal all over the Town Hall facade.

It wouldn't have happened in those days, people didn't take things so seriously about sportsmen or women, not enough to make a public statement, so in a way I pity these creeps the technology that allows them such freedom. Although with the recent O2 shutdown, people are finding life difficult married to modern technology with no other means to communicate other than a public telephone, of which they do not know how it works. LOL.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 23:36

Or even IF it will work. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 21:12

Hi Decrepitude.

I still have the "old" phone technology at home as well as them Mobiles, but apparently many people do not. Even in a power cut, I can call emergency services etc, friends etc, its a good handy thing to have anyway and cheaper to call international for sure.

But yes, going down the road to make a call only to find the phone disconnected from the box can be frustrating.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 0:18

Although Skype is really cheap to call overseas, prob the cheapest way.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum