Wimbledon 2012

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 15:22

Watching the match from my Borehamwood hotel room and Murray doing the business so far. He has just won the first set 7-5 and I can't see Karlovic having it in his legs to go four sets now to beat Murray. Solid stuff from Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 17:46

Phew, that could have been worse. Andy wins 3-1. Beating Karlovic in a tie break (and losing one) but he's through. Well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 18:30

Baghdatis through to meet Murray after Dimitrov retires.

Watching Wardy play out of his skin against Fish. I have never seen him play so well. Come on Wardy, 2 British chaps in the third round, ooooo missus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 18:58

Well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 19:13

My blood pressure is suffering - watching Andy lose that 2nd set tie-break and then have to play another in the 4th. Followed by watching the end of Wardy's match. I see Andy's next opponent will be Baggy as Dimitrov retired in that match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 19:18

Alas it was not to be for James Ward, but a valiant effort.

Not sure what's going on with Rafa but he is looking completely out of sorts. Took the tie break 11-9 in the first set, but has just had his serve broken in the first game of the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 19:31

I think you'll find that Rosol is playing well enough to upset Nadals timing. When Rafa's worked him out, you'll see a sudden change in fortunes.

Well done to Andy, not only for winning, but his style of doing it. No tantrums under pressure, just got on with it and through gritted teeth too. He could have lost this match if he's gone awol again, so lets hope this is the standard by which he now plays every game.

It pays dividends for him every time.

But in the end, a good solid performance to set up a meeting with Baggy.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 19:45

Andy got the job done today and that is all that matters. With better shot application in the first tie-break he may have won in straight sets but he stayed cool. People will say it was a dull match but against Karlovic that is always the bway it was going to be. Andy's draw was a minefield and just now it is about negotiating that minefield and so far so good. Baghdhatis is a big hitter but very hit and miss and I'd expect Andy to win and thereafter it could be Raonic but does he serve any bigger than LKarlovic?

Hmm Nadalin a scrap himself with Rosol the Czech giving him real problems. Rafa looks out of sorts or perhaps he is yet to work out a gameplan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 20:02

interesting stats...

I can't find the set 4 stats, so overall match stats next....

Andy's serve % went down in the 2nd set, and he subsequently lost it in a tie break, what is surprising is the 3rd set 2nd serve difference in winners between the two of them, which I believe is what lost Ivo the set that time. But in all other stats, Murray wins the consistency cup for UE rates---"8" for the whole match ! that's an incredible statistic for any player against someone like Karlovic.

You can't see them, but the serve return stats are fascinating too. It seems that whenever Karlovic has better 1st return numbers, Andy has better 2nd serve returns, and overall return stats are better for Andy over every set in total.....

So pretty impressive stuff from Murray.

Source..... http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/stats/day11/1224ms.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 21:50

Shocked 4-2 Rosol in the 5th set, can it be............

This guy is playing like a consistent top 10 player, where has he been hiding?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 21:56

Rosol currently ranked 100, highest ever was Aug 11 #65

5-3 5th set

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 22:03

Shocked Shocked Shocked He's only gone and dunnit Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 22:10

Shocked Dizzy

Sorry for Nadal, he was Mwahaha off the court by a taz but what a happy guy Rosol will be tonight.

Stunning peformance

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 22:23

Stunning absolutely stunning. Surely one of the biggest shocks at Wimbledon for many many years. Rafa was out-bullied as well and that makes it even more remarkable. Great win for Lukasz Rusol but what does this mean for Andy Murray? Well it certainly opens the draw up for him somewhat but it also ratchets the pressure up on him ten-fold. Deep down he'll know this is now surely the best chance he will ever get to get to a Wimbledon Final and expectations both personal and external will now be immense. That makes me feel very uneasy. Anyone else feel the same?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 1:16

MTS1 wrote:Shocked 4-2 Rosol in the 5th set, can it be............

This guy is playing like a consistent top 10 player, where has he been hiding?????

Losing in the first round of qualifying for the past 5 years. . . Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:07

I can imagine how Tenez et al are ramping up the hate mail over on ja606.

Other than that, I should think Djokovic is thinking its in the bag, esp if Benneteau pushes Federer all the way, as he has got to win the next two sets to stay in the tournie.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:29

Federer is being made to serve almost perfectly to keep himself in the match, so its vintage stuff from him inn this 4th set atm.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:31

5-4 Roger to serve and stay topical.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:55

The slam animal survives for another set !

Great stuff from Roger.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 14:29

Zheng V williams is not going to plan, if Serena can't find a way round this diminutive player from China, then we may get to see Murray a little earlier than expected. but only if Roddick doesn't put up too much of a fight. That match could go into 5 sets, although I expect Ferrer to win.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 15:52

Earlier? Quarter to four, and the ladies' match still not finished (though it probably will be in a few minutes) and a possible 5 setter to follow, before Andy?

I have a big problem. I have to be out between 5.30 and 7pm: if I set the recorder for BBC1 up to 6.10 and then change to BBC2, if they hold to their program I will be fine. But what is the betting the BBC will decide to keep it on BBC1? They have done that before. At least with ITV4 you knew what channel to record!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:01

I meant earlier than was scheduled Decrepitude, but really it was never going to be, not with Roddick on court.

But the real drama was the last match of course.

Not so sure how Baggy lost that match, the stats show he was in ascendancy more of the time in certain areas. Net points won shows Baggy to have been better than Murray, as too in 1st serves, with Murray having a higher %, but having less serves. Overall, Baggy had more winners, but more unforced errors.

Looking at them, it seems that Murray was far better at returning serves and winning points on them, thereby getting more break points. So in the end, Marcus lost it there I think.

I only saw the beginning and middle of the match, and watched highlights of the last two games, but whatever the reason, Andy managed to get through and did it in style in the last set.

clap Well done Andy. clap

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:04

Yeah! Andy won! (I've only just found out)

Well done Andy!

I watched most of the match, then went to bed as I needed an early night ready for the gym this morning.

Was sure it would have to continue on Monday....if I'd thought it woud finish at just gone 11.00pm I'd have stayed up

I love Baggy...so I take no delight in seeing him knocked out...but he was playing Andy so he had to go...sorry Baggy

So, now I'm very scared of Marin Cilic

Hope you're all enjoying Wimbly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:05

Hi Jubbs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:10

Jubbs has gone Sad

Back to top Go down