Rankings Change Means Seedings Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rankings Change Means Seedings Change

With the change in the rankings that there has been of late then it should (in my opinion) be advantageous to Andy Murray. When Rafael Nadal was ranked (and seeded) No.2 he was constantly put in Andy's half of the draw. Now for me that is a bad match up for Andy but now there have been changes. If we were to go into the US Open with these rankings and seedings then the semi-finals draw would be like this (should all four top seeds make the semis):-

Roger Federer V Rafael Nadal

Novak Djokovic V Andy Murray

Given the comparative slump in Novak's form lately I'd be hopeful of a win there for Andy. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Rankings Change Means Seedings Change :: Comments

Post on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 12:42 by Guest

Thanks for that Craig.

Yes, I'd be hopeful of a win for Andy against Novak should they meet in the semis.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 18:20 by Guest

Not sure CC, still think the 'draw' could magically put Andy with Fed. Organisers still seem to be hell bent on having a Fed/Nadal final.

But I think if it is as you say, Andy would have a fair chance against Nole in his current form, although apparantly he had been unwell for 5 days of Wimbledon so may explain his semi final match with Fed.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 20:14 by Jubbahey

Djokovic unwell !!??!!

Too much oxygen in his blood. Maybe he had the bends.

Yep, its alwys strange how the 1 + 2 ranks always go at opposite ends, but the 3 + 4 ranks yo-yo between upper and lower halves. Not fair is it. But then it's the event organisers who put up the prize money, so they are looking to have the best crowd pullers I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum