Original chat

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Original chat

Hello all!! Not sure quite where to post this, but I just want to say ... if you can't beat 'em create your own forum! Good luck with it all, and like us, I hope you end up with the kind of forum you want.

Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Original chat :: Comments

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 18:10 by Jubbahey

I agree it would be a wonderful thing but thinking further into the abyss of forum maintenance, it would be a nightmare trying to organise it. (comparing it to getting a site like this up and running)

I know what you mean about Battle Weary Wooffie, it has got confusing trying to see the wood for the trees putting this forum together, but that is what's great about putting yourself out there and asking for advice. I'm no expert in these things, but I do love tweaking and I think the sites setup is good for now. Its not perfect and could do with some refinement, but that can come later as with all things.

I see someone has begun an article on MTL, looking at merging MTL and V2 !!!, good luck to them if they think merging Tenez with Nameless is a good idea LOL ! it didn't exactly go down well on the old 606.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 20:10 by Guest

"I see someone has begun an article on MTL, looking at merging MTL and V2 !!!, good luck to them if they think merging Tenez with Nameless is a good idea LOL ! it didn't exactly go down well on the old 606.

It certainly wouldn't be a marriage made in Heaven if was to happen.

To be honest I dont know about you guys but I am feed up with that site, same old record from Tenez & Co, with a few Court Jesters like JM throwing in some rubbish and a result I and am posting very little there now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 20:18 by Guest

Spot on BOO. Likewise I don't post there much now because of posters like JM. I took it as an insult when I got my knuckles wrapped for calling JM a WUM which a blind man can see that is what he is.

It is like 606v2 are in denial that WUM's are already there after their promises that it would be WUM-free.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 20:38 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:Spot on BOO. Likewise I don't post there much now because of posters like JM. I took it as an insult when I got my knuckles wrapped for calling JM a WUM which a blind man can see that is what he is.

It is like 606v2 are in denial that WUM's are already there after their promises that it would be WUM-free.

I think once we can all get this site properly up and running we can talk sense and forget about the wums & clowns Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:24 by Jubbahey

BOO wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Spot on BOO. Likewise I don't post there much now because of posters like JM. I took it as an insult when I got my knuckles wrapped for calling JM a WUM which a blind man can see that is what he is.

I think once we can all get this site properly up and running we can talk sense and forget about the wums & clowns Very Happy

Aye aye, I'll drink to that !!

What do you think of it so far chaps ?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:33 by Guest

Yes looking good Jubbahey. Taking shape nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:42 by Jubbahey

Thanks CC, and all credit to your advice and others on here.

I suppose at some point I'll have to ask the looming question....

"Does anyone want to be an Admin or Moderator ?"

If only to get access to the sites settings, no-one would have run the boards as such or even moderate it yet, there isn't any need right now Smile

So, if any of you are open to the invitation, step forward if you please. tongue

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:45 by Guest

Looks fine Jubba now you can identify the various sections without too much confussion.

When are the invites going out and do you have anyone in mind.

Offcourse once the big world gets wind of this site then the odd wum will appear.

So get ready with that ZAP button

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:49 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:

What do you think of it so far chaps ?

I'm loving it so far, Jubbs.

It's great to see some familiar faces over here.....hopefully many more will join, in the not too distant future.

It's lovely knowing any wums will be instantly zapped by your good self, Jubba. Something you, and me, should have been allowed to do on v2.......never mind...I think it's worked out for the best.....coz now we have this place Very Happy

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:50 by Guest

Any chance of getting legend over from 606 v2?

He is fighting a losing battle over there and it's only going to get worse.

He is good Mod material and would have a much more professional back up team here.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:52 by Guest

I agree there BOO.

Isn't erictheblueuk a Murray fan?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 21:56 by Jubbahey

I think it boils down to what type of poster we want on here. An occasional rib tickler is permissible, but as soon as the warning goes out to any persistent wumming, the message will be straight forward, stop or disappear.

I know we will (eventually) get probs with gits trying the old IP hack, multi accounters to you and me, but we will just keep banning them till they run out of patience. its very easy for me to ban an account, no sweat, its much more trouble to generate another IP address, so I'm not too worried in that respect.

I've just PM'ed Lydian, to ask him to come over and have a look at the revamped style.

I'll contact Legend and Eric tonight and we'll see what they think if they drop by.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:05 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:I agree there BOO.

Isn't erictheblueuk a Murray fan?

Don't know about a fan but he is a sensible poster.

I think we want a mix including the open minded like him, laver & Lydian etc.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:09 by Jubbahey

Did you mean "Legend" BOO not Legendkiller.

I remember Legend from 606, but he ahsn't posted much on the V2 tennis forums? I'm confused now Derr!

Ah yes Laverfan, I'll PM him too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:12 by Guest

socal seems a sensible enough poster as well.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:20 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Did you mean "Legend" BOO not Legendkiller.

I remember Legend from 606, but he ahsn't posted much on the V2 tennis forums? I'm confused now Derr!

Ah yes Laverfan, I'll PM him too.

No Legendkillar who is on 606v2 a former colleague of yours.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:25 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:socal seems a sensible enough poster as well.

Yes a Nole fan who speaks sense and is fair!

Would be good to have someone like him onboard with a different slant on the game and the players.

There is also another BIG Nole fan - nitb?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 22:40 by Jubbahey

Not sure if LK would come over here, being a mod and all.

I'll leave it that for now, tomorrow brings another day.

I don't mind socal, but Nitb ?, we don't exactly get on, she'll not like it here with me in charge for a start.

List of other possibles...

Mad for chelsea
MTS1
time please
pauline1981
duty281

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 23:03 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Not sure if LK would come over here, being a mod and all.

I'll leave it that for now, tomorrow brings another day.

I don't mind socal, but Nitb ?, we don't exactly get on, she'll not like it here with me in charge for a start.

List of other possibles...

Mad for chelsea
MTS1
time please
pauline1981
duty281

Mad for Chelsea is a good one.

Pauline I am afraid is NOT :geek:

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 10:59 by Jubbahey

I take it you mean pauline is one watt short of a light bulb, by the use of that smilie ... lol.

Great to see LF and NS over here now !

I might not get back on the PC till tonight, so if anyone wants to give M4C or MTS1 a PM, be my guest (or anyone suitable for that matter)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 13:42 by Guest

Hi everyone. You've been busy Jubba, the site looks great.

Looking forward to the tennis starting again and our boys in action and having a chat and a laugh (without the abuse) with you all. I think it's great that Andy and Rafa fans get on (much like the guys themselves Smile ) and can have a civil conversation.

Like most of you, I think a little gentle ribbing is fine if it is done in good humour, and in fact one of the funniest things I ever read on the old 606 was called (I think) A Day in the Life of Rafa. I was crying with laughter reading that. Jubba, was it you who wrote it? Anyway, it was classic. The one bit that cracked me up most was Rafa in the super(mini)market vamossing and knocking over the water bottles!

Anyway, good luck with your site and see you either here or on the Rafateers forum.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 15:29 by Guest

cats_r_cool wrote:The one bit that cracked me up most was Rafa in the super(mini)market vamossing and knocking over the water bottles!

Aaaw Jubbs....have you still got this somewhere.....could you post it on here? I'd love to read it.

Hi cats <wave>.......lovely to see you here! <hug>

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 18:23 by Jubbahey

I'm afraid it wasn't me and of course the military minded BBC have wiped out their entire server of comments, except.........there is a way to get back the last comments made.....here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] under "most Recent" but it only goes back one day, hrmpf!

Why they had to do that ? almost like they were saying "You see, we have the power, you don't, tough it up losers". They could have left it up for a few months, not like it was going to take up any more room or cost them any more money.

Superficial basts !

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 18:30 by Jubbahey

Hi Cats.

My next job is to get some decent smilies up, but I don't think I'll ever be able to top your sites vast suppository. (I meant depository but the Freudian slip sounded funnier)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 20:08 by Guest

Really nice to see so many familiar faces on here Smile

Welcome everyone

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum