View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andy's Olympic Challenge Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 17:34

A great start for Andy, seeing Wawrinka off in the first round 6'3 6'3

Well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Re: Andy's Olympic Challenge Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:08

Good game from Andy, Stan could hae been a potential banana skin. Nice he got his game completed in good time, most were affected by the rain, some cancelled until tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 7:23

A competent start by Andy and through to the next round with far less fuss than Federer, Djokovic and Tsonga all of whom dropped a set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 12:03

It should be straightforward today against Nieminen - but every time I say that, something happens to make it not so straightforward!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 20:52

Decrepitude wrote:It should be straightforward today against Nieminen - but every time I say that, something happens to make it not so straightforward!

Not this time, Dec Very Happy

Well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 20:56

No back problems this time.

It amazed me that some people thought Andy was acting when he had the back spasms against Nieminen at RG - he really doesn't need gamesmanship to beat the Finn.

Next up, Baggy. Should be ok. . . . I hope!

And mixed doubles with Laura Robson too. I wish they would hurry up and put up tomorrow's OOP, I want to plan the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 14:12

Decrepitude wrote:

And mixed doubles with Laura Robson too. I wish they would hurry up and put up tomorrow's OOP, I want to plan the day.

Haha...yes it's a bit of a nightmare. There are so many Olympic events I want to watch and I'm also trying to catch some of the racing from Goodwood.

Well, good luck Andy

Going to watch the Fed match now, while flitting between the other sports, and the racing lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 22:33

Andy Murray safely through to the quarters. What is it with Baggy though that always seems to cause Andy problems. Still if Andy beats Almagro in the next round he is guaranteed at least a play-off for the bronze medal even if he loses his semi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 11:30

Noon for Andy's singles on Court 1, and later his mixed with Laura on the same court. No roof, so weather please be kind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:39

Thanks for the info, Craig and Dec Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:44

Not been in long and was looking to see if I could catch the end of the match.

Too late, it's all over...Andy's won

What a lovely surprise...well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 14:57

Almagro had an injured shoulder, but Andy was serving superbly. I hope he keeps it up in the next match!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 0:12

Well done Andy. A clinical display by him today going by what I saw of the match. Tomorrow...oooops now it is later today he faces Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals. If Andy can keep his focus I think he is so pumped up that he will win through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:38

Fantastic win for Andy today over Djokovic and really is a big psychological boost. It proves he can beat Djoko when it really matters and am gutted I was working and missed it as it sounded like it was a great match and atmosphere. To make matters worse it looks like I'll miss the final due to work. Does anyone know the start time?

Another thing useful for Andy is ranking points as those he is gaining (as well as winning a medal) is moving him very close to Nadal in the No3 slot. Best of luck to Andy in the final. People on 606v2 are saying tennis shouldn't be in the Olympics and that winning it is no big deal but one thing is sure that in the world of sport ther Olympics are seen as far bigger than say tennis's World Tour Finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 0:06

Yes, he played really well, but my fingernails are down to the elbows. . .

Not sure of the time of the final - I have seen some say noon and some say 2pm. Play definitely starts at noon, I don't know if the men's singles is first or not though.

Can you not record the match (assuming the Beeb let us know which channel it will be on, of course!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 0:42

May have to do that. Just checked and play starts at 12pm but I'd guess the women's doubles and mixed doubles matches may be on first with the men's final following that around 4pm. I'd guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:22

Was thrilled with the way Andy played last night.

An absolute joy to see him hold it together and get the better of Djokovic

I was watching on the TV at the gym, so had to keep myself under control, it was very hard lol.

Wish it were a 3 set final rather than 5 but I'm still hopeful Andy can win Gold.

According to my Radio Times the men's singles final starts at 2.00pm on BBC1. But keep a check on it just in case it's on earlier.

I have to leave for work at 4.30 so probably won't get see the conclusion Sad

Good luck Andy you've been playing like a dream, keep it going for tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:42

. . . and don't injure/knacker yourself playing mixed today

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 8:03

Gutted that I will miss the final today due to work.

Best of luck Andy and though the tennis 'efficienados' on 606v2 are trying to play down the importance of tennis at the Olympics one thing is sure it means a heck of a lot to the players involved. It could also mean a heck of a lot more to Andy than a gold medal if he wins. The amount of self-belief and confidence Andy could take from a win in such a massive high profile match may finally banish the demons in Andy's mind forever and push him on to even greater achievements in the sport. I await with baited breath as does TeamGb and its supporters and the British public. Go on Andy - your time has come........I hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 10:29

CaledonianCraig wrote:Gutted that I will miss the final today due to work.

Me too, Craig. I have to leave at 4.30. It surely won't be over by then.

Yes, Dec, I'd rather Andy had had a day off yesterday like Fed. Tho' he didn't seem too bothered about it when they interviewed him.

GOOD LUCK ANDEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 13:19

The adrenalin is pumping through his veins. Team GB are riding the wave of their lives and ANdy is playing his part in that. The way Andy has been playing this week shows he can win Gold however the dreaded British elements again appear to be conspiring against him, and the roof is expected to remain closed, giving advantage to Federer as if playing reigning Wimbledon champion and World No. 1 isn't daunting enough. The British support this time though firmly be behind Andy, similar to Davis Cup clashes. I stand boldly to say Andy will take Gold in the singles (and that 6 weeks ago I had a dream that he did just that) although the doubles with Laura may be silver. I only suggest this due to Laura's serve being unreliable, but I hope this is not the case and they pull it off. It would be a wonderful end to the Olympic tennis in Wimbledon. Not long to go now before it all kicks off. Regardless of the outcome Andy Murray you will again do Great Britain proud. 1st place UK Olympics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 14:19

Roof open, sun shining. Game on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 15:45

Andy 1 glorious set away from being an Olympic Gold Medalist. 6-2; 6-1; ??? Set 3. My heart is pounding. Andy playing great Oh God!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:26

Andy Murray Olympic Gold Medal Champion 2012. My heart is swelling with pride and I'm shedding bucket loads of happy tears. What a fantastic achievement and superb match from Andy. Take a bow, son. Olympics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 19:45

Andy now has a silver medal to go with the gold. Andy and Laura put up a great performance but were pipped at the end by the #1 seeds. They both sounded really disappointed with not winning but I applaud them both for giving it their all. Congratulations to both

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum