Rogers Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rogers Cup

Post by Guest on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 10:03

No resting on his laurels for Andy. He jets out today to Toronto to take part in the Rogers Cup with his first match due up on Wednesday. Discuss.....

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogers Cup

Post by Guest on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 18:26

I think he just wants to practice as much as possible on hard courts due to the Olympics. The training schedule this year has been side tracked with much more time on grass than in a usual season. He knows even more now that he has a major chance in the US Open. I'm not sure how fresh he will be but there may still be some elation running through him that carries him deep into the tournament. He will want to keep the momentum going to be in the best form possible in a few weeks. Is it on telly???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 22:43

Can't help with that, I only have Freeview and it ain't on there. But I pay for tennistv so I can watch a good quality stream.

His first match, against Flavio Cipolla, is tomorrow not before 3pm local time (8pm here?). I have read that he is meeting up with Lendl during this tournament. Ivan will not be in Cinci but will get together with Andy again the week before the USO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 22:49

It is being shown live on Sky Sports 2. Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 18:55

Thanks Dec/CC, found it when looking through the TV Guide, I've been so hooked watching the Olympics (all of it Shocked ) its been such a fab fortnight. Now back to the ATP tour and the slams. Shame Andy is due to meet Raonic so quickly it might be quite a match for him to win after the exerts of London and his flight to Canada. I don't care really I'm still on such a high after the Gold Medal and that will last for quite a while Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 21:09

Well interestingly enough even if he wins against Cippola later tonight and loses against Raonic it will still be points in the bank for Andy as last year at the Rogers Cup he exited at the first hurdle in straight sets against Kevin Anderson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 21:34

Yes then went onto win Cinnci. Hope the knee is ok, trainer out in the 2nd set. But wins very comfortably 6-1 6-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 22:00

A sound enough performance then which is it good. Lets hope the knee is nothing serious and that he can put Raonic to the sword tomorrow but that will be tough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 23:18

I'm sure it's only the usual bipartite patella problem, he has trouble with it every he changes surfaces. I understand he only had time for one practice session before the match, so we could see a problem which is usually got over with in the days before the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 23:31

In fact I have just watched a video of the Sky on-court interview, and he said it was just with changing surfaces. Whether it will be better in time for playing Raonic, though. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 20:19

Andy Murray has withdrawn from the Rogers Cup citing a knee injury for his withdrawal. Definitely wise with the US Open just around the corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 0:52

Wise decision - doubly wise in view of the weather. It's about 8pm in Toronto now and there has still been no play, except in doubles which has been moved indoors. There is going to be the most dreadful backlog and will almost certainly mean players are going to have to play 2 matches a day at least once, probably twice. The weather forecast for tomorrow is rotten as well.

Incidentally I hear Rafa has withdrawn from Cinci. Missing both the Masters hardcourt USO warm-ups - if he plays USO at all, he will surely be very rusty.

Last edited by Decrepitude on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 0:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum