Wot, no thread?
If Andy is over his knee problem and plays here, he is seeded to meet:
R1 - Bye
R2 - Melzer or Querrey
R3 - Roddick
QF - Del Potro
SF - Djokovic
F - Federer
He usually does well against big servers, though. And just as well, as they are nearly all in his quarter. . .

Back to top Go down

Re: Cincinnati Masters 1000

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 12 Aug 2012 - 14:50

Thanks Decrepitude.

Will keep an eye on Andy to see how he fares, anti-climatic he could be feeling a bit after the last two weeks.

On the other hand, it might signal an immense intensity of will and mental stamina coming into the next slam. Belief has always been his Achilles heel imo, now, that's all but been crushed underfoot with his colossal win.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Aug 2012 - 17:17

He needs to get back on the horse (so to speak). Hopefully, he puts in a very strong showing and a win here would really help to build up the momentum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 21:14

A solid start to his campaign in Cincinatti for Andy Murray with a straight sets win over Sam Querrey 6-2 6-4. Next up for Andy is a Third Round match against world No.38 Jeremy Chardy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Aug 2012 - 21:21

A nicely stress-free match, with Sam the Serve looking bewitched, bothered and bewildered much of the time. He just isn't used to his serve coming back at him so often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 13:12

Not able to watch any of this so thanks for the posts on this thread everyone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 19:35

Andy out of sorts, struggling to pull consistent play together. Also seems a bit agitated, not sure what is going on, stats will be interesting after this match. 1set down and needs to focus pretty quickly to win. Just been broken for the third time. I can't even say by Chardy as Andy is belling beaten by himself. Double fault lets Chardy go 2-1 up and him to serve although Andy broke Chardy's serve, so nobody held serve yet in the second set Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 19:40

Andy had three break back points and couldn't convert 0-40 but gets the game on Advantage with Chardy double faulting. This is one weird set of tennis. I wonder if it has anything to do with the elements as Delpo also looked sluggish but got the win after 3 sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 19:44

Another break, this is painful to watch. Both players look like their racquets are a ton weight. Chardy 3-2 up and to serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 19:50

Chardy leads 4-2 second set, one set up. If Andy loses its a fair few ranking points down the plug hole Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 19:53

Yes it has been a very lethargic performance from Andy Murray. If he does lose he can have no complaints. Just no spark there and no fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:04

Oh dear, even the gods are against him, throwing his racquet into the net, understandable frustration though he did everything to win the point and still lost it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:08

Just an all-round bad day at the office I think. Nothing to really be stressed about but does mean it is a step backwards after so many positive steps forward lately (if he loses that is). Chardy leads 6-4 5-4 and about to serve for the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:12

Chardy with match point and takes it, that'll teach me to write him off without a second thought. Not too disappointed though, after the last couple of months Andy has had a game like this was bound to happen, sapped of energy. Onwards and upwards to the Big One now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:14

And Chardy wins 6-4 6-4 (his first win over Murray at the fifth attempt). No complaints from me and Andy will drop a bucket load of ranking points with that defeat. Only plus point is that it gives him the chance to go away and recharge his batteries for the US Open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:18

Yes, it could be a blessing in disguise. But he will be awfully short of match practice.

Chardy is always dangerous when he is on - but he doesn't often keep the level up long enough. Today he did, and combined with Andy playing a bit of a shocker, we see the result. As CC said, he is going to lose an awful lot of points - 910!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:52

I'm a bit relieved I didn't make it to Cinci as it was my plan earlier this year, my psychic abilities must have been tuned in Wink Andy could always get the dropped points back by winning in NY. He had a pretty strong end to 2011 in the Asian swing so he has quite a few points to defend between here and WTF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 21:30

Didnt see the match so can't comment on that side of things.

I wondered when the anti-climatical Andy would appear. I can't blame him, no real match practice due to injury and now inclement conditions on top of what I would call, his hangover from the Games.

I half expected he'd be out of sorts at some point after his dramatic win, so its happened now is good for his spleen in the long run and get a fresh run at the Us Open.

The only Hurricane this year will be from Murray's 1st serve.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum