How good are Hungary ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How good are Hungary ?

http://www.daviscup.com/en/teams/team/profile.aspx?id=HUN

A pushover or a sheep in wolves clothing for us ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

How good are Hungary ? :: Comments

Post on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 21:13 by Guest

Still not sure about how good Ward would be in the next group bearing in mind he will be playing opposition possibly from the top fifty.

He did have a good run at Queens against some of the higher ranked players albeit the surface there was grass.

Not sure about the younger up and coming ones but if they could get guaranteed results! from Andy and the doubles pairing of Hutchins & Fleming then maybe he should throw in the likes of Golding who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 20:55 by Jubbahey

I think it would benefit not just the team, but the players themselves and give them a bit more confidence when they go into the masters and challenger circuits. Even in a low key DC event lke last weekend, its still a pretty hotly contested tournament, prob more so than some of the challenger matches they play.

It just seems to make sense to me to play the young kids when the tie is already a gimme. it would also give Leon more choice and know what he is bringing into the team.

But maybe his hands are tied by the LTA and DC organisers and can't do exactly what he might want.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 10:07 by Guest

I didn't see Golding at all on Sunday (ok, I didn't have my eyes glued to the livestream 100% of the time!) and wondered if he had already left to go to Sweden for the Futures tournament he is playing there this week.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:38 by Jubbahey

Not sure Decreptitude (what can we shorten that to?), I would presume team support courtside was the the norm, but maybe Leon gave him the day off to go to Sweden.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum