US Open draw out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US Open draw out

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 18:23

Murray to play Dolgopolov in 1st round and may meet Federer in the semi's.

Possible seeded meetings (or highest ranker)...

2nd round, Dodig or (Q)
3rd round, Lopez
4th round, Blake/Giraldo/some North American bloke who shall be nameless!
Q/F's, Nishikori/Tsonga
S/F's, Federer/Almagro/Simon
Final, Djokovic/Potro/Ferrer/Tipsarevic

Probably one of the best run ups to the US open Final he has had.

Looks like he'll be until the semis'.

Last edited by Jubbahey on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 22:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For clarification of shameless cowardice on my behalf.)

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: US Open draw out

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 20:53

You've got your "olovs" mixed up - its Bogomolov he meets in the first round. The fella who jumped him in Miami last year, when Andy was in his post-AO slump. Andy has beaten him in straights twice since then, though.

And the seeds he could meet in the 4th round are Granollers or Raonic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 21:07

True the early rounds shouldn't provide any real problems but Raonic worries me. He is the sort of player (hard-hitting) that gives Andy problems. After that it is tough, tough, TOUGH.

Should Andy reach the semi to face Federer he really needs to approach it like a final. If he were to win that I'd be super-confident of a slam win. That is all a long way off just now though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 22:44

Thanks Decrepitude, yes, its Bogolomov not the other olov. Tch!

I purposely left our Raonic, self denial is strong within me !

I think if he makes the Q's and meets Tsonga, after getting past, shh, you know who in the 4th, then I fancy his chances for the final appearance are good, but you never know for sure who meets who in the latter stages, esp this year, there are a few dark horses knocking around.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 0:25

I'm not desperately worried about Raonic. Yes, I know he beat Andy in Barcelona, but that was when Andy started with the back problem which put him out of Madrid and caused him problems in the FO. Andy is usually good with the big servers, and if he is fit and eager, I would back him to win when it's over 5 sets. I'm not too convinced about Raonic's fitness level as yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 23:37

That is true Decrepitude. I think his only weapon is his serve, and he has a good return service, but not as good as Murray's. It will all rest on Murrays ability to serve strong as well, imo, in fact for the whole tournie.

But Raonic is the only fly in the ointment up to the semis as far as I can see, which is why I think he's had a good draw for a change.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 23:44

I answer to Decrep or even Dec on other boards. It takes less typing! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 0:25

I would prefer Dec, as I've spelt your name Decreptitude in the past, as that was how I thought it was pronounced LOL. Spell checkers have warned me umpteen times, so DEC it is.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 20:45

The draw looks not too bad for Andy. I think Delpo is for the watching, he is not too far off where he was before his injury, so it may not be Djokovic in the final from that half of the draw. I think Andy will have too much for Raonic over 5 sets and fear Tsonga on a hard court more than him. The short turnaround from grass to hard courts for the top players may also come into play in the latter stages of this tournament. We shall see..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 21:08

Raonic is a tough R4, but TBH I've never really seen what all the fuss is about Raonic. Huge serve, yes, decent FH, yes, but there's not much else there IMO. If Murray plays well he'll win comfortably, he'll break down the Raonic BH over the diagonal rallies I think.

Apart from that it's not too bad a draw. First three rounds I think are comfortable (Bogomolov doesn't have a serve, Dodig is hit-and-miss, Lopez he has a great record against and is just his type of player). Tsonga can be tough but Murray has a very good record against him. Then not too fussed who he drew in SF, but think Federer could be a good draw, as the Olympics match will be fresh in his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 21:25

Andy's first match is Monday, not before 1pm local (6pm here?). Brilliant for me, I'm usually out on Monday evenings, but as it's a Bank Holiday I'm out on Tuesday instead. All I have to do is find a decent livestream. I see the USO site offers one, I'll try that first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum