US Open 2012

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open 2012

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 2:30

Murray hitting it very sweetly indeed so far, breaks for the second time to lead 5-2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 2:46

Murray duly closes out the first set 6-2 and is a break up at 2-1 in the second.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 3:07

Murray cruising and takes the second set 6-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 3:19

on serve so far in the third at 2-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 3:40

Murray gets away with a slightly sloppy service game to move within one game of the match at 5-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 3:48

and there it is! A comfortable hold gives Murray the match 6-2 6-1 6-3, a much better performance than in the first round, particularly on serve. Third set was solid rather than inspiring, but he played some really good stuff today. Onwards and upwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:29

Caught bits and bobs of the match amidst sleep...lol. As MfC says a far better performance than in his opener. Hopefully, the improvement will continue as it will need to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 17:08

Just settling in now to watch my Sky + of the match. It's always easier when you know Andy has won comfortably. No nerves required Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 17:34

Yes - I found British Eurosport were showing it this afternoon, so bang went the intended weeding. (I paid for a month of Eurosport player, then found they were only showing Armstrong live).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 19:38

Jo-Wilifrid Tsonga (a potential QF opponent for Andy Murray) is in trouble on Arthur Ashe Court. He trails Martin Klizan (Slovakia) 4-6 6-1 1-6 in a performance of great parallels. Some times great but other times downright awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 20:13

Yeah CC been watching the match, Tsonga having a real bad day at the office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 20:15

And Martin Klizan beats Tsonga in four sets and well-deserved it was too. This is perhaps good news for Andy Murray who was scheduled to face Tsonga in the QF's. However, Tsonga was so poor today I am now kind of sad he is out. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 20:17

Decrepitude wrote: (I paid for a month of Eurosport player, then found they were only showing Armstrong live).

That's unlucky Dec. Although that's usually where Andy plays but on Ashe more this year possibly due to Nadal not playing. Maybe Andy will be on there for his next match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 20:19

CaledonianCraig wrote:And Martin Klizan beats Tsonga in four sets and well-deserved it was too. This is perhaps good news for Andy Murray who was scheduled to face Tsonga in the QF's. However, Tsonga was so poor today I am now kind of sad he is out. Shocked

I agree CC I really enjoy watching Tsonga, even when he's up against Andy. First big shock of the men's singles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 20:57

By the way Andy Murray will play Feliciano (or is it Deliciano?) Laughing Lopez in the Third Round on Saturday. The Spaniard won today in five gruelling sets against Pablo Andlujar in a match lasting almost four hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:28

Missed the match and the replay/highlights !!!

Although saw that the US open site was showing highlights...yipee...but 3 points only from the whole match !!! why bother, pathetic. I'll go watch the match on UTube anyhoo.

Andy's next match should be straightforward, haven't watched Lopez this year so don't know his form coming into the event, but Murrays H2H is impressive over all surfaces, with their last meeting being a straight set victory for Andy at last years US Open.

http://www.matchstat.com/Compare/468/1075/8073

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:31

Reason to be concerned??? Mark Petchey and American commentator (not sure who) discussing the likelihood that Andy will play Lopez on Armstrong which is playing much quicker and will favour Lopez as Andy has only played Ashe. Normally this is a match up I wouldn't question, now listening to them two Jonahs I'm having doubts No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:36

Cilic now in a 5th set battle when he looked to be cruising. I'm off to keep a watch on Raonic, see what he's up to ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:40

I'd be shocked and desperately disappointed if Andy were to lose that match. So what if Louis Armstrong Court is faster - I think that would suit Andy just fine. However, pundits want to look at it Murray will be hot favourite to win against a player he has the Indian sign over. What's more Lopez has just had a gruelling four hour marathon in the heat of the day and will have had a day less rest than Andy. I really cannot see Andy losing. All the stats and the head-to-head etc point to a Murray win as well. Does that now put you at rest MTS1?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:44

Not for me MTS1, don't care what speed or surface they play on, Andy has lost just one set in all their meetings for 7 years. And that was back in 2010 on HC in Los Angeles.

I don't think it'd bother Andy if they played on glass.

Just watching whole match V Dodig on UTube and this must be the worst missable shot ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g7iHK8yP4g&feature=channel&list=UL ................. @ 4:20mins in ................ weird point !

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:47

Thank you CC. I think Petchey is like the rest of us fans that he is becoming more nervous every game Andy plays towards the slam win Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 21:49

Jubbahey wrote: Just watching whole match V Dodig on UTube and this must be the worst missable shot ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g7iHK8yP4g&feature=channel&list=UL ................. @ 4:20mins in ................ weird point !

lol! worse miss ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 22:17

HeHe...

That match was a good workout for Murray, Dodig fortunately kept going in the rallies and gave Andy some good match practice. Gave him time to iron out a few problems and get match fit.

For the first time I can remember since watching Murray, its now a case of thinking/worrying about who can beat Andy, rather than who he can/must beat.

Its certainly a strange but nice feeling for once.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 22:44

oh come on, Lopez has no chance of beating Murray, none whatsoever. I'll be shocked if Murray even remotely looks like losing a set. He's returning serve really well in this tournament, which will negate Lopez's only weapon. The fact it will be on a slightly faster court is completely irrelevant.

I'm still feeling ridiculously optimistic about Murray's chances at this tournament, in case you hadn't guessed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 21:38

C'mon M4C, say what you mean and don't use big words....

I think any time a recognised pundit begins a sentence with a "but you know...." they're treading water trying to find something to talk about and sometimes we listen looking for inside knowledge.

Fact is, Lopez has never really got to grips with Murray's court prowess and has under-achieved his potential. It may have been Nadal's shadow that cast him adrift, and against most top ten players, he has not really managed to find a way to beat them. He's not much of an obstacle in Andy's charge to the 2nd week, it should be a straight set victory for him.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum