US Open 2012

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open 2012

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:23

Andy gets an ideal start to the fifth set. He breaks to lead 1-0 but he needs to consolidate it with a hold here. Can he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:29

Andy holds playing some great stuff and leads 2-0.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:35

A double break for Muzza who leads 3-0. Now where is my prayer mat. No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:40

This isn't over until Roseanne Barr sings. Novak breaks to 15 and Murray leads 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:47

And Djokovic holds serve and he isn't giving this up lightly. Murray to serve leading 3-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:49

Murray must hold serve here. He simply MUST.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:51

What a great service game - Muzza serves to love and leads 4-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:06

I'm crying Very Happy

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:09

Fabulous absolutely fabulous. After all that pain of slam losses Muzza has finally won a slam. He put us through the ringer as always but would it have been right any other way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:10

Credit to Novak he always wins well and loses well. He is some tough competitor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:11

see, told you I was feeling ridiculously optimistic about Murray's chances in this tournament, never in doubt I tell you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:13

Soak it up Andy. Cheers for the congratulations MfC. Hell I have work in four hours but what the heck.

Muzza showed great balls to pull that win off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:16

clap clap clap clap Olympic gold Medal Champion and US Open champion 2012. Do I hear arise Sir Andrew Murray Groupies2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:19

I'll ignore the time out from Nole, but just want to say he is a class act and the way he congratulated Andy was a reminder of just why we love this sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:25

Ooooh a bit late now but just wait till tomorrow and I ram Murray's win down the WUM'S throats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:27

Congratulations Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:30

HE strangely absent from v2 during the final. anyone notice this?

anyway less gloating, more celebrating, so so happy for Andy, and what a way to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:32

CaledonianCraig wrote:Ooooh a bit late now but just wait till tomorrow and I ram Murray's win down the WUM'S throats.

lol! You off on a Wum hunt CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:35

MTS1 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Ooooh a bit late now but just wait till tomorrow and I ram Murray's win down the WUM'S throats.

lol! You off on a Wum hunt CC.

Oh yes why not? After all if Andy had lost do you think they would have been quiet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:38

Enjoy, it should be fun for you toying with their fragile egos hhaappyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:53

I got home in time to see the first set tiebreak, and BOY! Was it a Murraycoaster from there on in. I was too tense to post anywhere, I have had problems with losing livestreams when I did anything else before, so I stayed glued to it. Ended up with a headache and pains in neck and shoulders from the tension. I really ought to go to bed but I'm too wound up to sleep.
The media keep going on about 76 years of waiting, but for me it has been an intense 7 years of waiting, ever since I first saw him at Queens in 2005, sat straight up and said, "This lad is going to be something special". Well, he was, and he is, and I couldn't be happier for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 8:44

We knew you could do it - well done - you have made a lot of people very happy and some of those who repeatedly come up with "Murray will never win a Slam" probably sad - what a shame lol

Is it a knighthood now or maybe a SPOTY, think it could be between you or Wiggo!

What about pushing for that No.2 spot now or even No.1

The dream lives on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:29

Some moments come and go, others stay for a little longer, whilst a small minority stick around for an eternity.

England and the World Cup 66
Nick Faldo at The Open 87
Nigel Mansell F1 WC 92
Andy Murray US Open 2012
and many other of note...

An achievement worth all the glorious pomp and jubilation he'll be getting for the next few weeks.

The naysayers will continue their barrage, luckily they are a minuscule bunch of nonentities, whilst the rest of humanity will revel in his glory.

This will go down as one of the greatest sporting moments in Britains very illustrious history and along with the Olympics will inspire many young athletes to pursue a sport and eventually a dream. I have nothing left in me to congratulate Andy, my spirit is drained, but I must take this opportunity to thank him, strangely, for all the ups and downs he has put us through for the last decade (almost), like waiting for that birthday present you know you're going to get months in advance, this has been a moment worth savouring for all its tentative and frustrating days of happiness and sadness that preceded it.

Well done Andy, a mountain finally surmounted and a very well deserved victory.

to you and your team, you have all made it worth the effort

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:48

Murray won all SIX of the tie-breaks he played in this tournament (3 vs Lopez, and one each against Cilic, Berdych and Djokovic). Talk about playing the big moments better, that is seriously impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 15:02

Boy oh boy I still don't believe it. Pinch me please.

After all this time and all the heartbreaks, all the pain and false hope over the years it has finally happened. Andy Murray has won his first grand slam of his career and it couldn't have happened in a more Murray-like manner. Two sets up, blows the lead and looks out on his feet and then raises himself from the ashes to lift himself and the title. Immense. Boy was that tough watching. At the end it was pure relief from me as he finally done what I always felt he had in him. Take a bow son you have done Scotland, Britain, British tennis fans and your family proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum