US Open 2012

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open 2012

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 16:10

I thought it was funny how he said in the interviews that before the decider, he thought "I really don't want to be the only player ever to lose their first 5 finals" or words to that effect.

I've been watching the rerun on Eurosport Player (last night was a fuzzy livestream of the Sky broadcast), it was just a pity that it was edited down to 2 hours. Still, that's a lot longer than most "highlights" which are more like 2 minutes. This time I was able to watch without peeping through my fingers at the tensest moments. . .

I've still got a headache and a stiff neck but I don't care, he's done it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 16:24

Just in from work and I'm going to watch it all again via my Sky+ and savour every single moment of joy and pain, minus the need to be hooked up to a defibrillator. I have just been smiling all day, which is unusual given I had about two hours sleep. Seen a tweet from Rafa congratulating Andy and Nole. What a lovely gesture. This is sporting heaven Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 17:04

I recordedit for posterity on my Virgin TIVO box. I woder if it will ever get a DVD release?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 17:26

CaledonianCraig wrote:I recordedit for posterity on my Virgin TIVO box. I woder if it will ever get a DVD release?

Definitely think they will along with the Olympic win. Santa better put that in my stocking this year Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 17:33

CC how you getting on with your Wum hunt. I keep imagining visions of the hunter in Jumanji running around taking pot shots at anything that moved hhaappyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 17:38

Oh yes doing a spot of hunting as I type over on ja606. I wonder how long the hunting season lasts for WUM's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 18:29

All year round CC, all year round. Game for all seasons LOL!

I have to give you this link everyone, I've just re-read it and although I have got the venue wrong (although lifting gold was still a reality) most of my thoughts have been echoed on here and abroad and have come true to some extent, which in all fairness is a general view from most of his fans anyway, but.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A58239822

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 19:47

Murray is a Scottish name derived from Moray, which just so happens to be how some Asian commentators pronounce it or Moirai to the ear.

Moirai is also the Greek name of "The Fates"

3 goddesses.....The Spinner, The Allotter and The Inexorable.

So you see, it was always written in the wind way back when.

SPOOKY.....

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 21:11

Jubba how on earth do you find out these fascinating facts Very Happy

I liked one commentators description that it was written in the Stars and Stripes, but yours is folklore, which is much more enchanting, and describes Mr Murray rather well Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 22:12

An abysmal result for Scotland tonight (1-1 at home to Macedonia) but I am still grinning thanks to Andy. I heard a long chant of 'There's Only One Andy Murray' being chanted at Hampden Park tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 9:54

Dear me. Fed will never again be able to joke about the 150,000 years since GB had a male slam winner.

He has already run out of "he has never beaten me in a final", and "he has never beaten me in a BO5 final". I suppose he can still say "he has never beaten me in a slam", but to that I say, "Jus' you wait, 'enry 'iggins, jus' you wait".

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 11:03

I'm not predicting or expecting anything more from our lad, but now he has the Gold and a Slam, if he could win the FO and SW19 and OZ, then he could become part of an illustrious and small elite band of people who have a career gold slam to their name.

There ain't many who could say that.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 15:51

I think the real problem with that sweet dream is the French Open. It is by far Andy's weakest surface. However, the Australian Open he must have a very good chance if winning one considering his record in Melbourne and similarly in Wimbledon.

PS Watch this space as I am trying to put a little basic video together for YouTube to celebrate Andy's win. Don't expect anything special though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 16:27

Okay here is it. A little tribute clip with photos only and music I love and even more so now. Smile

Don't expect too much as this was my first attempt at putting one of these togather and feel free to comment:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7-YC7_vB9Q

Enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 23:27

well, after my fearless brand of ridiculous optimism has brought Andy some well deserved success (though I'm a bit sad I didn't get a mention in his victory speech...) you may just have to put up with me telling you all how Andy will win every tournament he plays in from now on Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 0:23

Fine by me M4C.

I wonder how long it will take for the media to start talking seriously about multi slam winner/better than Federer/calendar slam champion etc etc.

They'll never let up until he retires.

Its up to us to bring some balance to the world. Although expectations have had a bit of a lift shall we say.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 7:19

Did anyone watch that tribute video I patched together? Basic I know but it was my first attempt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 10:45

Yes, I thought it was very good. One slight improvement maybe would have been to have the pic of him holding the trophy at the very end, not second-last.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 11:28

Yes I realised that afterwards. .....sadly. Cheers Dec.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 14:10

Some stunning pics on your video, Craig.

Great song, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 19:58

CaledonianCraig wrote:Okay here is it. A little tribute clip with photos only and music I love and even more so now. Smile

Don't expect too much as this was my first attempt at putting one of these togather and feel free to comment:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7-YC7_vB9Q

Enjoy.

Craig is there any way you can make the content available to view on iPad. It says the owner hasn't enabled the content to be viewed on mobiles. If not I'll check the link next time I'm on my laptop, I tend to use the iPad much more now. Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 20:19

It may be a problem with flash player MTS1.

They dropped it from Android phones, only to reinstate the last version with no support, has that happened to Apple ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 20:24

I'll see what I can do MTS1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 20:24

Not sure Jubbs. YouTube videos usually play ok on the iPad it appears to be more to do with the upload or authorisation limits I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 20:25

CaledonianCraig wrote:I'll see what I can do MTS1.

Great thanks CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum