Spa GP in Belgium

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spa GP in Belgium

What a mess, especially for Hamilton.

I can't believe it, his luck has deserted him, Grosjean cutting across and taking him and two other out is outrageous driving, stupid and dangerous. Maldonado looked to have jumped the lights, not sure whether he did, but it looked that way to me.

Hamilton, Alonso and Perez out to nothing more than a technical racing incident, but its going to have far reaching effects on the championship table in a few weeks time. Alonso is still going to be No1 courtesy of having enough points to stay there, but the rest of the table will have caught up.

This throws open the whole racing year and leaves me in no doubt that Hamilton's charge is going to rest on the fortunes of other drivers either retiring through breakdowns or crashes, or driver mistakes.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Spa GP in Belgium :: Comments

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:39 by Jubbahey

Also, Alonso lucky not to have Grosjean's car land on his head in that 1st corner pile up. Very close contact over the top of his car, just missing his head by a couple of feet.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:42 by Guest

Yes, Jubbs. It could have been a whole lot worse.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:58 by Jubbahey

It was a real mess, no-one injured, so safety precautions are top notch and show just how far they've come in looking after the drivers as much as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 14:33 by Guest

Massive crash on that first lap. Thankfully, no one injured. A win for Jenson Button just about maintains his interest in the championship race for this year but it is very faint. The big winner today in the championship race - Sebastian Vettel who finished second after starting tenth.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 15:24 by Jubbahey

Maldonado did move before then lights went out, its difficult to see on the video replay, but looking at it again, he was moving. I stop started the video with double clicks, and you have to keep your eye on the lights, just before they go out, he moves, its a 100th of a second, but technically, he did jump the lights.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 15:33 by Jubbahey

And if you'd like a frame by frame slide show of Alsonso's near miss...

From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] click "Spectacular crash causes chaos at Spa"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pretty scary stuff for a driver to see that, going 100mph into a hairpin corner !

A tyre could easily have clipped his head and it may have been a very different ending to his GP.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 15:48 by Guest

Certainly the biggest crash in F1 this year I would say.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 15:58 by Jubbahey

Is it the only GP that has a hairpin into the first corner ?

There is one with a chicane, can't remember where, but Spa must be the most dangerous. As for the level of danger, that is all down to the drivers and how they react and steer, but Grosjean must get some kind of a hefty penalty, even as an example to set a precedent to keep drivers aware of their own responsibilities to themselves and others around them.

Grosjean was right next to Hamilton, coming from behind and across, if he didnt see him, he's either blind or stupid or both, and into a hairpin, completely irresponsible, ducking and diving like that.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 16:03 by Guest

I love Spa though. A great circuit from the old days and deserves its place in F1 history. Yes Jubba Grosjean was at fault and he knows it. You could see his reaction when Hamilton confronted him - he never argues his point too much did he? In the interview as well during the race he side-stepped the blame game and claimed he'd need to see it again. Words of someone looking to absolve himself from the blame though he knew he couldn't.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 17:18 by Jubbahey

Believe it or not, I've raced that circuit !

Yeah, OK, it was on a PC with my kids steering wheel, and the worst part, where I always seemed to spin off, was the chicane into the final straight. The upward hill after the hairpin at the start is exhilarating and the rest of the course is a beauty, but again, that Hairpin is a tad too sharp and you can get caught out.

And thats just me, a complete novice, so these guys should know better.

Maybe Grosjean got caught up in the excitement and forgot to look sideways ?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum