Australian Open 2013

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Australian Open 2013

Well the 2013 Australian Open is almost upon us and Andy Murray will go into it as one of the favourites. His record in Melbourne stands up very well having reached two of the last three finals and almost made the final last year. He will go into the tournament with a whole new mindset as a slam winner now and that must put him in good stead surely. Clearly, his biggest threats will be Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer and a lot could depend on the semi-final draw. It is likely that Andy will draw the No.1 seed Novak Djokovic in the semi again and that may just be a virtual final. If Andy were to win that I'd be super-confident he could win his second slam but lets not get too far in front of ourselves. Andy, hopefully, can put his friend Ross Hutchins illness out of his mind and focus on the task in hand. It is imperative he can negotiate his way through the early rounds with the minimum of fuss and without drawing matches out too long.

Best of luck Andy.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Australian Open 2013 :: Comments

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 14:21 by Jubbahey

Yeah, just dropped in to look at V2 and Fed fans have jumped on the djoko wagon somewhat. But LK's reactionary articles are always sulky episodes. CC....BOO....why do you keep on banging your head over there, its very heroic of any MMM's to go there and support Murray and it has to be said, all your patience and civility are exemplary.

As to the match, Murray, for whatever reason, went a little too passive in the 3rd set technically, maybe down to the blister and trying to eke out more energy for the next set, as I think he'd pretty much given that set up halfway through.

novak in comparison, lifted himself out of the slight depression, the 2nd set tiebreak was not a complete drubbing as the score line suggested, so kudos to him for finding his normal level again.

Murray will be hugely disappointed in not taking those chances he'd normally put away or take advantage of, if anything, i hope he has learned that in beating Federer and taking on djokovic today, he has things to learn in the short term tactical dept and choices of shot at key moments in tight matches like this.

His long term strategies are fine for a match, the approach and tactical decisions to play a certain way have paid dividends, but he does make extraordinary shots that didn't need to be played, at times when a simple down the line or drop shot was all that was needed. But at least it shows he is trying to be aggressive and keep the momentum up.

All in all, it wan't as bad a performance (given the opposition) as most on V2 are saying, I found the BBC1 studio commentators rather more realistic about the match and so too the Eurosport crew as well, Boris Becker summed it up perfectly, Novak played brilliantly, Murray not as brilliantly.

And as for there being no wind as to the reason Murray lost...tell that to Federer this week or Novak at the Olympics. Both great conditions for either player.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 15:59 by Guest

"CC....BOO....why do you keep on banging your head over there"

Jubba -I am very selective these days, dont post much but when I see anything that hawkeye puts up its like a red rag to a bull - I should really grow up but cant help myself at times lol

One thing for sure there are a lot more positives as well as fans there now for Andy since his big two wins.

The down side will always be from the Fed worshippers, but the question being for how long? - unless he makes finals on a regular basis and gets wins he will be spending a lot more time with the twins!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:02 by Guest

Hmm there's a question why do I stick with 606v2? A few reasons stand out such as a moral obligation as a Murray fan to fight in his corner. Also I have always been a non-conformist and 606v2 is predominantly a Federer fan-packed forum and myself like being not one of the sheep so to speak. I don't think I could stand by and allow them to trash the finest tennis player Britain has produced since Fred Perry.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:24 by Guest

And I think you have earned respect from most of them for doing so Craig - so hats off to you.

But to be fair as most forums they do carry a fair share of low IQ ers and if truth be known and you knew who they really were - I personally wouldn't give them the time of day!

Having said that there are some good fair posters over there like Socal, Haddie, IMBL to name but a few and they will be the ones to keep it going in the long term.

Could do with more Rafa & Novak fans onboard however and then the tide would really turn!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:27 by Guest

What are all the Fed fans going to do when he retires? Commit suicide?

I could only watch the first two sets, though I have the rest recorded. I'm not sure I'll have the heart to watch them, though.

I wonder if he will have a chance at Wimbledon this year? I'm not optimistic about the French!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:45 by Guest

Oh yes it isn't all bad over there but as you say has its share of fruitloops.

Dec, I think they have already set out their stall. To discredit the top players now and the brand of tennis they play as junk etc. Suicide perhaps will come if Novak nears Fed's slam record in a few years time which I wouldn't rule out.

As for the rest of the season for Andy well he really should be doing a lot better on clay so hopefully he will make strides on that surface as he has the game for it. Perhaps a semi at the French Open is not out of the question or dare I dream of a final spot? Wimbledon I feel Andy has a very good chance. He is always there or thereabouts and I would back him to take out Fed now if they met again in the final. Finally, we have the US Open and we know Andy really suits this surface so must be one of the favourites to win it again. All in all much to look forward to.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 17:25 by Guest

If this article doesn't persuade people to come heading back to v2, I don't know what will:
http://www.606v2.com/t39889-breaking-news-someone-in-the-media-says-something-bad-about-murray

lol

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 17:37 by Guest

The only problem Amritia was that Dozy Cow hawkeye actually seemed to think it was meant as a compliment to the regular cr@p she posts.

Wonder what gems she will come up with next? doh2

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 17:40 by Guest

I did say there's a 'subtle meaning' behind it, hopefully she got the hint.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 17:47 by Guest

I was mulling over the real possibilty of starting a topic there and calling it Boycott to announce I was putting her on ignore and urging others to follow suit as enough is enough.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 17:51 by Guest

That reminds me CC.
I was thinking of this:

Everytime she posts an article, rather than responding everyone just posts a link to my 'someoneinthemedia' article lol

Maybe she'll get the message then.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:09 by Guest

Nope that wouldn't work it needs a more powerful stance.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:27 by Guest

We are all guilty by responding to her - she feeds on this.

It's usually always Andy fans the take the bait.

We should all use is it the Foe option?(you then don't have to see what's posted) and that way she would get little or no response.

I don't know a lot of the Murray fans on v2 apart from you guys, but if you do, suggest you PM them with this suggestion - worth a try?

Because if you read her cr@p you will always want to post, and I'm afraid that's what she lives on.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:29 by Guest

Yes BOO that is what I meant earlier by putting her in ignore ie the foe function.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:39 by Guest

That is it done. Hawkeye is now on my Foe list. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:07 by Jubbahey

Makes me want to rejoin just to FOE her....lol

I respect all your endeavours to back the Murray corner, I just hope its worth the effort, in so much that it gives a decent alternative to the constant Murray/Boring/WillNeverWatch/Predictable/Defensive tags they keep applying to his name.

I will never understand how so many of them constantly say that the Us Open last year was one of the most boring matches ever, when 100% of pundits who saw it say the complete opposite, such is their polar vision when anything apart from Federer is mentioned. I'd bet my house that they all watched the final, as they are commenting on so many aspects of the match, stats and turning points, they must have seen it.

Hypocrites.

I have a warm feeling when I think of Andy and the FO now, his game has taken on a new direction, or at least has morphed into a game that translates to the red stuff much better now. I'm quite upbeat about a semi, even a final showing, but we'll see. The hard court session is still here, so I await the American route with quiet contemplation. ( if it is indeed the US wing of the tour next !)

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 17:33 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:That is it done. Hawkeye is now on my Foe list. Very Happy

I see she is complaining about being called a troll - that's mild to what she should be called lol

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 21:36 by Guest

I will own up. I have removed hawkeye from my foe list. Why I here you ask? Well took advice onboard and besides I am a bit perverse. I get pleasure watching her getting slated and blown-out more times than a wind-sock with her fabricated nonsense. The only people she is making look bad is herself.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 22:30 by Guest

Hi folks.

Thought I'd give this place a try after Craig's recommendation. Really impressed with the forum. Well set up and no sign of WUMs. Heaven!

V2 has been a bit annoying since yesterday to say the least. Andy goes closer than any player EVER to winning his first 2 slams consecutively and he gets spoken about like he's some average journeymen. And the short termism drives me nuts. One loss to Novak and now Novak owns him forever! Nonsense.

The biggest annoyance is if he'd just gone for the throat on one of those BP's I'm pretty sure we'd be talking about his second slam today. Once he lost the second he was always in trouble and going to be outrun. The fact that he went passive after that is frustrating, but shows that he still has improvements to make... Which is quite exciting if you think of the last 7 or 8 months that he has a gear he's yet to find.

I am convinced his next slam is Wimbledon this year. It's set up for him. He's possibly the best on grass nowadays alongside Roger and I think he'll beat him in the final.

Anyway, long first post... But hello, and well done for the forum. It's great.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 22:36 by Guest

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 22:40 by Guest

Welcome aboard Danny.

The defeat came about for a number of reasons such as his serve percentage not being of the same high standard as against Federer, he was not as aggressive as agsinst Federer either and towards the end of the third set he was bothered by blisters and a hamstring problem. From then on the writing was on the wall. However, as you say Danny he came closer than many legends of the sport to winning his first two slams back-to-back and equalled Fred Perry's record of 105 slam matches won. Like you as well Danny I make Andy favourite for Wimbledon. Exciting times ahead for us Murray fans.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 22:59 by Guest

When he got to 0-40 in that game, he'd won 17 of the previous 19 points. He was in such a position of ascendancy that I don't think Novak would have come back from it. That backhand on the second break point... He half committed to it, and that's why it flew out.

He was clearly not that spritely with his movement and yet Nivak won just 13 points more throughout the match.

Contrary to some, I actually think that the fact Andy was a point or two from taking a vice like grip on the match despite being below his best shows that he is now right alongside Novak. Nobody can drag Novak's level down like Andy can.

It's by a mile the least dejected I've felt after a slam final defeat, because I know it's just the beginning for him.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 23:09 by Guest

Spot on Danny. Andy will be back in another slam final for sure. Another impressive stat is that Andy Murray has now reached three successive slam finals with the Olympic Final amongst that lot as well. Impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 23:11 by Guest

Hi Danny I'm sportslover on v2.

Don't really post a lot but certain posters and some things that are said over there get me annoyed!

Loved your reference to HE being a troll - she didn't like it which was great lol

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 23:13 by Guest

Don't usually post the same thing twice doh!!!

{don't worry, just deleted it....jubba)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum