Rankings In 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rankings In 2013

Well now that the 2013 season is well under way I wonder how far people think Andy can get up the rankings. If Andy can have an improved spring and clay court season perhaps reaching the semis at Roland Garros and then win Wimbledon then surely he can take the No.2 slot by the end of the summer.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Rankings In 2013 :: Comments

Post on Tue 29 Jan 2013 - 19:02 by Jubbahey

I think the No2 spot is almost a certainty, by at least the USO, barring injuries before slams etc, No1 status definitely will be the hardest mountain to climb within the next 2-3 yrs.

I expect a decent SW19 showing, prob a final place and if all goes to plan a win. Which, and my maths is bad, would take him above Federer if Roger doesn't win every Masters from now till then. Andy is just above 1000 points away from Federer isn't he ? but it depends on how well Federer does in the FO I suppose. So it will be cat and mouse until then.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 29 Jan 2013 - 19:10 by Guest

Well we know Andy isn't defending much points this Spring so if he puts that right then he should make in roads into Federer's lead which at the moment stands at 1, 785 points. Andy also doesn't have massive points to defend on clay so perhaps more ground can be made up especially at the French Open where he reached the quarters last year so points could be gained there. Of course Wimbledon as well will be key. Should be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:51 by Guest

Well as we know Andy did crack the No.2 spot and held it for a few months but has now relinquished it to Rafael Nadal prior to the US Open. Rafa has been largely imperious since making his comeback early this year going on a frightening winning streak. Andy could have got to the US Open as No.2 with a slightly better showing in either Montreal or Cincinatti or preferably both but failed to do so.

Oddly enough though he has very much narrowed the gap on Novak Djokovic at No.1 After the Australian Open Novak had a lead of 4,480 points over Murray. Now though that lead has been reduced to a mere 2,280 points so the gap has almost been halved.

Swings and roundabouts.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum