Murray misses DC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Murray misses DC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21326796

Andy has made a big decision, but it is prob the best, in coveting the FO more than the DC. He says he plays better when better prepared, so the clay season is his big priority now.

Looks like the Lendl effect is in full swing.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Murray misses DC :: Comments

Post on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 23:06 by Guest

Good. I really can't see any point in him half killing himself to win his matches in DC until we have at least ONE other singles player who has a snowball's chance of winning a match in the World Group. If we did get promoted to the World Group at the moment, in my opinion we would be demoted again pdq!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 10:58 by Jubbahey

If we did, would we really deserve to be in the world group ?

Like you Dec, I rather we push our juniors to aspire to greatness, rather than wallow in mediocrity.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 18:35 by Guest

Agreed Dec. Andy should be left to concentrate on preparing to prove a point on clay this year. For GB the Davis Cup is a mere sideshow in which we will never win the thing until we have another two world class players.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 22:36 by Guest

GB must be the only country that totally relies on one player, even Switzerland has Stan and France Germany & Italy all have some depth with regular tour players!

Yes he is doing the right thing, but it will not keep everyone happy - but so what.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum