FRENCH OPEN 27 May - 10 June 2013

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FRENCH OPEN 27 May - 10 June 2013

Official Website http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

FRENCH OPEN 27 May - 10 June 2013 :: Comments

Post on Tue 21 May 2013 - 23:03 by Guest

Andy Murray has pulled out of the French Open with his back injury. Sad news but I think it is a wise move. Lets face it he wasn't going to win in Paris anyway. It is far better that he rests up for the grass court season where he is certainly in with a shout providing he is fit.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 May 2013 - 12:36 by Guest

Well the French Open is up and running today. Federer in action against a qualifier.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 May 2013 - 16:15 by Jubbahey

Federer cruising to a formal win, but Busta not really in the same league, literally.

Robson up tomorrow, on the Lenglen court, 3rd match in from 11am onwards, Watson to play Tuesday, dont know the schedule yet though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 May 2013 - 16:16 by Jubbahey

Well, not long before Wimbledon, can't wait to see Murray in action there, hopefully Queens may be up for an appearance, if just to exercise the back a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 May 2013 - 19:58 by Guest

Federer off to a comfortable straight sets win. I cannot see him figuring in the final though. I get the feeling he may exit before the semi-final stage.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 May 2013 - 19:59 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Well, not long before Wimbledon, can't wait to see Murray in action there, hopefully Queens may be up for an appearance, if just to exercise the back a bit.

Yes I am sure Andy will be back for Queen's.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:18 by Jubbahey

And as if anything is going to change, it doesn't and poor in form Robson allows her service to let her down yet again.

In rallies she is strong, putting immense pressure on players like Wozniaki during the match, but she gave most of the breaks to her opposite player for no other reason than lack on consistency in both her service action and her DF count.

In each set, esp the 1st, Laura would stutter on her throw up, at least once if not twice or more in some games, which begs the question, what has changed apart from nothing in the last few months when she has supposedly been coached and has been working hard on this side of things for a while.

She is an almost complete player and will remain so if she cannot get this side of things under control. Sometimes her serve is formidable, aces flying off the racquet and deep, wide 2nd serves that allow her to dominate the point, but they don't come often enough. When her serve breaks down it breaks badly, its such a fundamental part of tennis, she must get a coach to eradicate the endless breakdowns and regain some confidence to allow her to consolidate the many breaks of serve she inflicts on some of the top players.

She has the game and the attitude but lacks consistency which we all know is one of the important requirements of the pro tour, esp at the slams. She has another 2-3 yrs to sort this out big time, but sooner would be better to give her a chance to get the match experience she needs at the top level.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:23 by Guest

Yes it was a disappointment. As you say she is so close to cracking it but vital parts of her game must be tidied up such as serve. Still she is 19 so she does have time on her side.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:27 by Guest

On a seperate note Nadal had a scare today against Daniel Brands (Germany). He surprisingly lost the first set, was taken to a second set tie-break before powering to a four sets win. Berdych embroiled in an almighty first round scrap against Gael Monfils. They are getting to the business end of the fifth set (on serve) with approaching four hours of play gone.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:35 by Jubbahey

Brands was on form today, but in the end couldn't keep the shots coming and Nadal practically walked the 4th. Though from the bits I saw, he fought back to his best in the 2nd set.

As for Laura, she is young, but mustn't get complacent thinking she has years to sort her problems out. Get her serve under control and the confidence will return. Not sure what is happening to her, as at this point in her career, I would have thought she would have a decent service game under her hat, something to rely on for 60% of a match at least.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:39 by Guest

Gael Monfils shocks Tomas Berdych beating the big Czech in five sets in just over four hours.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 May 2013 - 20:59 by Jubbahey

How did that happen !!

Berdych is so strong on clay.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 May 2013 - 18:32 by Guest

Berdych though is hardly rock solid in tight matches. And Monfils is certainly no mug (a former world top tenner).

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 May 2013 - 19:50 by Guest

Novak Djokovic safely through into the Second Round beating Daniel Goffin in straight sets.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 May 2013 - 22:10 by Jubbahey

Wasn't easy, Goffin took a couple of breaks off Novak.

I like the lad, he looks like he's going to be a big problem in a few years, could reach top ten if he manages to control his aggression the few times it flares up. Not angry like, just the UE's that matter, but thats just down to experience.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 May 2013 - 22:11 by Jubbahey

Baltacha's out, so its all down to Heather tomorrow, another cold windy wet day by the look of things.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 May 2013 - 19:20 by Guest

Monfils battles past Gulbis and Federer hammers another qualifier Devaarman.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 May 2013 - 21:38 by Jubbahey

Earnest playing some inspired tennis today. Very aggressive and clever stuff, but faltered at key moments, although Monfils came up with great serves to get out of trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 May 2013 - 21:40 by Jubbahey

Poor old heather too, put in a good performance but she is short on match play, so not too bad considering.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 8:51 by Guest

I know it is unlikely but I wonder whether this is the slam where someone could sneak in under the radar so to speak?

Sure your hot favourites are still Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic but both have reasons to be concerned. Rafa has spluttered through his matches so far and has already dropped two sets whilst Novak's form has been patchy of late and had treatment on a shoulder injury during his match yesterday. Federer I would rule out purely on the age and physicality front so is the door ajar?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 17:49 by Jubbahey

Shame dimitrov got a top pro early on, but he didnt shine as much as I thought. Prob down to Djoko's play.

Federer hasnt been tested yet, not pushed around the court or had any decent server throw balls at him, so until that happens, he's still an outside chance to get to the semi's let alone the final imo.

I still think Nadal will win, he's mucho rusty, and has started slow all week, making up for Murray ?

But he still manages to come through after that 1st set, so its looks to me the fav will be the holder again.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 23:45 by Guest

Federer scrambled through against Gilles Simon I see in five sets today. I think that this is further evidence that ageing Fed is blighted more by inconsistency now. I can't see him winning at RG.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 3 Jun 2013 - 10:17 by Jubbahey

If Federer manages to beat Tsonga, although I think that may be a difficult one for him to pull off, unless Jo loses the plot completely, he will have an extremely difficult job of putting Ferrer away.

ATM its 15-0 to Roger, but never met at the FO. Beaten David at all clay masters but was taken to 3 sets twice. Madrid this year was 6-4, 6-4 so on paper the signs are not good, but ferrer has had a good FO so far and Roger aint what he used to be, can he really grind out 3 straight sets without loss. 5 sets and I see an upset on the cards.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 3 Jun 2013 - 13:40 by Guest

It depends on what Tsonga turns up. If his mind wanders too much it will probably open the door for Federer but if Tsonga stays focussed and consistent I see him winning the match.

Djoko in a bit of a scrap against Kohlschreiber but looks to be closing in on going into a two sets to one lead.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum