WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013

Official Website    http://www.wimbledon.org

Could this be the year Murray finally bags the big one ? Are all the top 4 players going to meet in the semi's ? or is someone going to upset the applecart ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013 :: Comments

Post on Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 13:46 by Guest

The seedings have been announced and as expected Rafael Nadal has been seeded five and this means if he should make the quarter-finals he will face one of David Ferrer, Roger Federer, Andy Murray or Novak Djokovic. The draw will be very interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 20:29 by Jubbahey

It's got to be Andy, the gods will have deemed it so.

He will have to beat all 3 of them, Djoko in the final and Fed is the semi's, I betcha.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 20:40 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:It's got to be Andy, the gods will have deemed it so.

He will have to beat all 3 of them, Djoko in the final and Fed is the semi's, I betcha.

I have a nasty feeling you are right Jubba. Sod's law and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 23:15 by Guest

So the draw is out for Wimbledon 2013.

First up the possible route to glory for Andy Murray is:-

1st Round Benjamin Becker

2nd Round Yen Hsen Lu/James Ward

3rd Round Tommy Robredo/Nicolas Mahut

4th Round Janko Tipsarevic

Quarter-Final Jo Wilifried Tsonga

Semi-Final Rafael Nadal/Roger Federer

Final Novak Djokovic

Djokovic clearly has the easiest draw avoiding the main protagonists until the Final. Federer has drawn the short straw and faces the task of having to beat Nadal, Murray and Djokovic in consecutive matches quite probably to win Wimbledon. A big enough ask but at the twilight of his career I'd say that is now beyond him. Nadal's task is to get to the QF's and if he does that he will start eyeing up the title as he has Fed's number, seemingly Andy's number and then after that anything is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 23:58 by Jubbahey

Djoko was always going to get the easy half, but that doesnt mean it will be easy for him, esp as it will mean he might not be fully tested and peaking in the final.

Murray having to go through two of them was always on the cards too, and if the weather doesn't shag the schedule up and Andy gets a good 24hrs rest before the big day, then if he can get to the final, I'd be 50/50 between them both.

Maybe even 55/45 in Murrays favour Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 0:10 by Guest

Jubba if Andy gets to the final I fancy him to win it. The big hurdle is the semi. If it is against Federer I would fancy Andy to edge it but if against Rafa I would make Nadal favourite. Nadal is Andy's real danger and the only man now that at the mo I don't fancy his chances against. But if Andy beats Rafa the belief that will give him would be immense and I'd feel he could then beat anyone.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 8:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 1:00 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Did you find out from that admin why you were banned Amrit ?
Well I was not permanently banned, I had a ban in the first place as I believe Emancipator called me a prat and I believe complained to Julius that 'prats' like me shouldn't be part of the forum. The Federer fans have always had an agenda like that against me, and other Nadal fans.
Julius is really good friends with Eman, and has always been hostile to Nadal fans. Do you guys know that he called Haddie Nuff a tw*t via PM because she questioned his moderating? You can check that with HN or Julius, neither of them will deny it.
Anyway frankly I was so disgusted that I had my account deleted, even though my ban was not permanent.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 1:00 by Guest

Murray should get past Tsonga- it's SF onwards he'll have to pass really tough tests.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 12:14 by Guest

Amritia3ee wrote:
Do you guys know that he called Haddie Nuff a tw*t via PM because she questioned his moderating?

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 15:52 by Jubbahey

CC, Nadal can't be feeling that confident if he was to face Murray, as I am sure he can see how far Andy has progressed under Lendl and is now a formidable player, I don't think it will be comfortable head to head for Rafa under any conditions, esp at Wimbledon.

Amrit, sorry you had to leave V2 because of a few other posters, I'm afraid even though the site looks better than before, ie, when I left, it still pervades the kind of footie forum attitude of my player is better than yours. I've learnt to ignore such things and let the comment/s slide under the ever widening bridge.
Take a few months off, regroup and come back, we've all done it and it serves as a kind of sabbatical and cleanses you of all the crap that went before. Having said that, I'm only on there now to ease my urge to post when our forum is in limbo sometimes, come Wimbledon, I won't be anywhere near the place.

Hi Sol, hows your carer job going ?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 20:43 by Guest

I have my straws out.

I noticed that at Hurlingham there has been an exhibition tournament on and Murray beat Nishihori 6-2 7-6. The following day Rafa beat Nishikori 7-6 7-6. Hmmm not quite so easy as Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 20:54 by Jubbahey

Who's got the short one then CC ?

As on 606, its silly to try and forecast who beats who, but its fun trying I suppose. Its a game trying to canvas your player as a winner without hyping him up so much it hurts when he loses.

I feel strong about a Murray Djokovic final, just by whats happened on court for the last 4 months, but nothings set in stone and it can change so quickly, so much so, that your post about Federer being given a wave through by Murray or Nadal losing early on really gives me nightmares.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 21:29 by Guest

I will go out on a limb here.

If Andy reaches the final I will be very confident the title is his. I say that now because the likelihood is he would have had to beat Rafa or Roger in the semis. Now those are two players who have largely had the upper hand on him in crunch slam matches so a victory over either of them would be an immense shot of confidence and self-belief to him. After such a win anything would seem possible. For me (if he gets there) Andy's final is the semi-final if you see what I mean.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 12:31 by Guest

The order of play is out for tomorrow:-

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

By my estimation that means (weather permitting) Andy should take to Centre Court around 4.30 pm.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 21:32 by Guest

Hi guys

Really fancy Andy for this but like the last USO prefer to keep quiet so as not to put a "jinx" on him.

See you are back posting on 606 Jubba which will give some of them something to think about which is good - (I gave up!)

Also helps to keep the likes of HE on her toes, i hope Andy crushes Rafa if they happen to meet, that for sure that would bring out the paper hankies lol

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 21:41 by Guest

A big IF but if Andy does meet Rafa in the semis and if he beats him I would be super-confident the title is Andy's. We know he has the grass court game to take out Novak but Rafa has been a big thorn in Andy's side for years in slams. Evil or Very Mad However, if the improved Andy could change that trend it would be a massive boost to his self-belief and confidence whilst Novak looks like he will get to the final somewhat under-cooked.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 22:42 by Jubbahey

hi BOO.

On V2 I'm a bit low key really, don't post too much, and try to stay clear of trouble, not sure how long I can keep that up LOL, but at least the belligerent among us there, are predictable. Still, the place is a whole lot healthier with "he who shall not be named" not spreading his evil posts.

If Andy can maintain complete control of his temperament, and remain focused for large portions of those difficult matches, then he stand a good chance of taking the title. Can't believe I'm actually saying that, a year ago it was oh so different, more he could or he might get to the Wimbly final, all the while hoping for a miracle.

Says much about the guy and his dedication to greatness.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 10:57 by Guest

A great piece in the Daily Record today. Andy Murray says he'd sooner see his mate Ross Hutchins get the all clear than him winning Wimbledon saying 'there are more important things in life than tennis'. 

What a man. I hope to see them both Andy. KK

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 15:06 by Guest

Federer cruised through in straight sets against Hanescu. Great performance or poor opponent? A bit of both I'd say. Sadly, a number of British players crashing out already.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 16:21 by Guest

Rafa looking very tentative/nervous/rusty against No.135 in the world Steve Darcis and drops the first set 7-6. Great play from the Belgian but Rafa not firing on all cylinders.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 18:13 by Guest

Wow. Shocked

Steve Darcis has beaten Rafael Nadal 7-6 7-6 6-4 in three hours. Darcis was immense so take nothing away from him but Rafa looked tentative and movement was awkward throughout. Now pre-tournament Rafa interviewed sounded pensive saying he hoped the knee would be okay and that never filled me with confidence. I am guessing the knee cannot taking the extra stresses of playing on grass and if that is the case where does it leave him in the future? God knows.

Meantime, Andy Murray business-like at the mo leads 6-4 6-3 2-0. Not fantastic but getting the job done.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 18:41 by Guest

Andy Murray wins through 6-4 6-3 6-2. A business-like performance with minimum fuss.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 20:57 by Jubbahey

Good start for Andy, solid most of the time, a few erratic moments but kept within himself to good measure.

Bad bad day for Rafa. Felt really sorry for him, he didnt deserve to go out in such a fashion, I hope this doesn't dent his confidence. Although I'm a bit shy in thinking it was all planned, a flying visit to wimbly as it were, but his Halle dropout looks to be part of a strategy to not crank his knees up to full speed on grass.

If his FO win set him back a few weeks then as long as he can recuperate and get back on the healing treadmill, we may see him get back to something like the Nadal of old.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 21:23 by Guest

Yes a decent start for Andy but hopefully a lot more to come.

As for Rafa - that is not the Rafa Nadal of old out there today. Sluggish, laboured movement, slower court coverage, awkward when playing shots with knee bend needed and just obvious to me something was awry. I think there was a clue in his pre-tournament interview shown at around 11.45am this morning on BBC2. He wasn't really pressed about the knee but still added that hopefully the knee would be alright and he sounded far from confident about it. Where he goes from here if that injury has flared up I don't know? It is akin to Andy's back injury - started last year on clay, went away and flared up again on clay this year. Same with Rafa on grass.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 22:52 by Jubbahey

I think it may have something to do with the toil the FO inflicted on him, it was a massive tournie for him. May have set his rehabilitation back somewhat.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum