WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013

Official Website    http://www.wimbledon.org

Could this be the year Murray finally bags the big one ? Are all the top 4 players going to meet in the semi's ? or is someone going to upset the applecart ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

WIMBLEDON 25 June - 8 July 2013 :: Comments

Post on Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 23:06 by Jubbahey

Janowicz is volatile if his serve comes under pressure, ie it comes back at him...deep. When Melzer managed to get a racquet on some of them JJ couldn't get any power on them and suffered. I expect a lot of that if he ends up playing Murray.

Also, his return of service is not up to the standards of slam Q/F's and Semi's, let alone a Final. He's only in the 4th round because Rogers not here and he'd get Nadal next if Rafa wasn't too sore to win a match.

All in all, if Murray plays a normal aggressive match, it should play like a 2nd rounder and get rid of him in 3 (or 4 if Andy goes a bit AWOL) sets.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 9:52 by Guest

Back from London and looking forward to the rest of Wimbledon but back at work on back shifts so may miss Andy's matches (more than likely). From what I can gather (in the last two rounds) Andy has been largely in second gear and still proved too good for his opponents. Would that be the case?

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 10:46 by Guest

Interesting reading, guys.

Yes, Craig, I think that is the case.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 18:35 by Jubbahey

Well, he's been into 1st gear a few times, esp when he was 2-5 down, 2nd set on Monday, but apart from that, no real issues.

I'd like to see a complete drubbing of Verdasco, triple bagel would be nice, c'mon Andy turn on the magic.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 19:34 by Jubbahey

Just watched the Paris Masters where Andy lost to JJ. Murray missed a match point and that was a huge let off, JJ got back into it and when Murray lost his way with his service game, he went down quickly.

Got to remember this was 2012, after the Olympics and the US Open wins, so he was a bit cream crackered by then, but JJ still played well enough to deserve the win, but it wasn't the smash and grab that everyone is talking about.

Murray is looking twice the man who played that match, so to beat Andy JJ will have to play 100% all the time and not lose it temper wise.

But hey, Andy has got to get through Nando first, I mustn't think that far ahead yet and JJ has to beat his countryman too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 9:35 by Guest

I will miss Andy's next two matches due to work but I am off on Sunday so will see the final should Andy make it. He will never have a better chance. Groupies2

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:12 by Jubbahey

Murray serving for the match........................................

No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left No Nails Left

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:22 by Jubbahey

I'm not sure how he does it.

Amazing comeback.

Amazing player.

Kudos to Verdasco, he played the match of his life.

I'm off for an ice bath to calm me down.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:57 by Jubbahey

Can't believe the negative comments about that match. BogBrush on a crusade to mock Verdasco as a journeyman, he's so frustrated at Federer's ousting that he will ignore the nose in front of his face to spite it, so to say.

It wasn't a spectacle of fine tennis, but Nando played immense points and whatever they say, he put Murray under the cosh and the last two sets could have gone either way.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 20:05 by Guest

Just in from work and followed the match on BBC Sports. WOW.

A great comeback but I am worried he let it get to that position before pulling it off. Delighted Andy won but worried he very nearly lost. As for BogBrush well Stakhovsky is a journeyman who beat Federer so he can hardly scoff. I take what he says with a pinch of salt as pre-tournament he said he wanted Fed to win it and if not then Murray. As soon as Fed lost he changed his tune saying he wanted Murray to get knocked out.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 21:00 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Can't believe the negative comments about that match. BogBrush on a crusade to mock Verdasco as a journeyman, he's so frustrated at Federer's ousting that he will ignore the nose in front of his face to spite it, so to say.

It wasn't a spectacle of fine tennis, but Nando played immense points and whatever they say, he put Murray under the cosh and the last two sets could have gone either way.

Toilet man is a joke, the quicker Fed retires and takes him with him the better.

As for Andy what can you say! - he certainly puts his fans through it.

Great comeback against a much improved Verdasco - as for the semi I think it may go to four!!

It would be nice to have. DelPo v Andy final but I can't see him getting past Novak.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 21:11 by Jubbahey

All the credit must go to Verdasco CC, dont believe the tripe on 606, he played with a vicious forehand I've not seen from him before. It was very accurate to the corners and pushed Murray out of his comfort and hitting zone. He played intelligently, both tactically and physically for the 1st two sets. It looked like it was going to be a drubbing to be honest. He was very cool over all 5 sets.

Murray suddenly began to show signs of turning to his aggressive side at the end of the 2nd set, but pulled off a load of games in the 3rd that sent Nando reeling, just about eating into Verdascos forehand. Then the 4th came along and Nando got back into it, but so did Murray and it was neck and neck until Murray finally served out the 4th. Yes, the break came early, but Nando was all over Murrays serve and it wasn't easy setting up the set service game.

The 5th was just painful on the nerves, Verdasco looking as dangerous as ever, but a few errors creeping in, they began to multiply as Andy got together his game and mounted a more aggressive posture in the 10th game and broke Nando eventually, but Verdasco was hitting long now because Andy was mixing it up better.

He served out the match in style to huge relief from his corner and the crowd. It was edgy stuff all around and great tennis even though it was a little ugly at times, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the new Verdasco, whatever he's done has worked wonders, and his confidence will only go up from now on if he can keep putting in these kinds of performances.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 21:14 by Jubbahey

hi BOO.

Is he making up for the "one who can not be named" and taking the "Tennis is now boring because my hero is a shaky old git" stance ?

He is sounding more cynical by the day, but I'm not going to allow him to try and spin alternative realities like that one above used to.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 21:20 by Guest

Andy was nowhere near his best today but found a way to win - that is the big plus here. As for BB he should remember that Federer himself has come back from two sets down at Wimbledon to win against Benneteau and Falla (neither of whom were even top tenners like Verdasco). At the end of the day this match result will be forgotten in the mist of time should Andy win Wimbledon. He will need to play a lot better than today though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 18:45 by Jubbahey

Yes, the old muddled Murray almost did him in yesterday.

If he wants to beat Jerzy, he must revert to aggressive attacks on all corners and sides, he was too impotent against Verdasco, had many oppotunities to go down the line but his FH suddenly escaped him when he could have put pressure on Nando. I was frustrating to see him stand back behind the baseline, alot of that was due to FV hitting the lines and corners a lot, but then some of Murrays returns fell short without power (his topspin FH failing to create any depth) and let FV pick his spot.

He can't do this against Jerzy, it will get put away with a flat FH screaming at the joints.

He didnt come out against FV with any kind of resolve or intensity, he must on Friday or the other guy will bury him. He's got to find a way to play dominant tennis for long portions of these matches now if he wants to win a lot more slams.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 19:12 by Jubbahey

BOO, i loved your comparison of a Geordie to a Scotsman yesterday, fell about I did !

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 21:53 by Guest

Best of luck to Andy tomorrow. I will be following the match score at work on the BBC Sport website no doubt.

If Andy is not aggressive or too passive he risks defeat. By the looks of his stats his serve was very good against Verdasco so hopefully we will see more of the same tomorrow. Janowicz is going well into unchartered territory so surely there will be nerves but he will be dangerous if he can relax as all the pressure is on Andy. Personally, if Andy loses it would be a disasterous result and hard to take but I have faith. Murray to win in four sets.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 22:21 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:BOO, i loved your comparison of a Geordie to a Scotsman yesterday, fell about I did !

The poster was a Georgie wum and even he had a laugh!

The two posters on v2 that I dislike the most are bogbrush - if you say black he will say white, a bit of a turd to be honest, he claims to be an MD - God knows of what!?

The other is the v2 joke called "he" who is a she with an OCD and a pain in the ass to boot.

Although I don't post there much at all it's always worth a look at what "the keyboard experts"! are saying, and to be honest I get a lot of laughs from some of what's posted.

Some of them really want to get away from their keyboards and see what happens in the real world!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:18 by Guest

Muzza got the bit between his teeth I see, He leads 6-7 6-4 6-4 2-1 and a break up in the fourth set. Come on Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:47 by Guest

Andy through to the final beating Janowicz 6-7 6-4 6-4 6-4. He served superbly today out-acing the Pole and once he negated the Pole's serve a little he began to turn the screw and turned the match around from trailing 4-1 in the third set.

I am in two minds about the final now. Novak doesn't know when he is beat so will be very tough for Andy however I have little doubt that Andy is the better grass court player. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:48 by Jubbahey

I suppose that lot over there are gonna say he defended well and won ugly again. I'll have to go and set them straight, unless you lot have already.

I can't remember a match when Andy served so well, 90+% 1st serves in !!!

More aces than Jenko, more this and more that, truly astounding considering the pressure he was under sometimes.

Don't think we'll see the last of the Tall pole, if he could calm down on his serve, he'll be a lot more dangerous, but andy did the job on him at the right times and won through, good man !

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:51 by Jubbahey

Ah you beat me to it CC.

I think with the condition that Andy in and his abilities on grass, another 5 setter is beyond doubt, who wins the 5th is a difficult call, but I'm going with Murray because of the Olympic jinx he has on Novak.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:57 by Guest

Janowicz looks like he could be a real grass court contender in the future with that serve. He will be back and like the fact he has a bit of personality about him.

As for 606v2 yes the usual. Janowicz bottled it, his level dropped etc etc. All about his deficiences and sod all of note about Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 22:20 by Guest

v2 is a waste of time, the mod Julius actively works with Bogbrush and Emancipator to try and kick out all non-Federer fans. I know this as a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 22:22 by Guest

Djokovic is favourite for the final, I think he'll win in around 4 sets. Maybe 3. 

Murray hasn't been at his best, in his QF he was really poor (relied on courage and determination more than anything- he's a better player than he showed), and he was quite edgy today against JJ.

Edit: I am really hoping Murray wins, Djokovic is a 110% efficient robot. It will take a stunning performance to beat him.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum