US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Official Website http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013 :: Comments

Post on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 10:52 by Guest

The draw for the 2013 US Open will take place later today.

I am pretty laid back really as I realise it has already been a great year for Andy whatever happens but he is certainly in with a great chance. The only player I fear - Rafael Nadal.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:17 by Guest

The details I have so far are sketchy but as far as Murray is concerned should he reach the quarters his run to the final would be as follows:-

QF Tomas Berdych

SF Novak Djokovic

F Radael Nadal

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:21 by Guest

In the 4th Round Murray looks set to meet Nicolas Almagro.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:33 by Guest

Andy Murray's potential route to glory:-

Round 1 Michael Llodra

Round 2 Victor Hanescu/Leonardo Mayer

Round 3 Juan Monaco

Round 4 Nicholas Almagro

Quarter-Finals Tomas Berdych

Semi-Final Novak Djokovic

Final Rafael Nadal

Other talking points is a potential quarter-final match-up between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer and a possible meeting of Dimitrov and Djokovic in the 3rd or is it the 4th Round?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:55 by Guest

The full draw can be found here:-

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/index.html?promo=subnav

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 11:02 by Guest

He should be ok until the quarters, but I admit to a groan when I saw Berdy's name there.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 11:28 by Guest

Decrepitude wrote:He should be ok until the quarters, but I admit to a groan when I saw Berdy's name there.
Yes that will be tough but remember Andy did beat Berdych in the semis last year in the US Open. Clearly, of late, Andy in slams compared to lesser events is a different player so I'd be hopeful of Andy winning through. Remember as well that Berdych (and Andy) have to get to that stage first. Not too concerned to be honest. Perhaps it is because I feel whatever happens now Andy has had a memorable last 12 months.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 15:59 by Guest

The US Open gets under way in a few minuted but Murray must wait until Wednesday for his first match. Rolling Eyes 

Today sees Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal in action as well as Britain's Dan Evans, Laura Robson and Heather Watson.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 16:54 by Guest

Out on Court 13 Britain's Dan Evans has just won the first set against No.11 seed Kei Nishikori. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:34 by Guest

This just gets better for Evans he has now taken the second set as well and leads 6-4 6-4 against Nishikori. All Dan needs to do is maintain this standard of tennis, his physical shape and his focus and he will seal the biggest win of his career.

Meanwhile, Laura Robson looks set for the second round as she leads 7-5 3-0.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:45 by Guest

Laura Robson safely through 7-5 6-0.

Meanwhile, the hugely impressive Dan Evans stands on the verge of a massive win for him he leads Nishikori (No.11 seed) 6-4 6-4 3-0. Shocked Oh God!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 18:08 by Guest

Wow. Surprised 

Dan Evans has beaten No.11 seed Kei Nishikori 6-4 6-4 6-2 and did so playing superb tennis - great depth, array of shots, aggression and focus. A deserved win and I'd say he will have a great chance on this form in his Second Round match against either Albert Ramos or Bernard Tomic.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 18:51 by Jubbahey

Where did that come from ! Evo playing top 20 tennis. Fantastic result for him, has a bit of Murray Belief rubbed off on him ?

Good result for Laura too, scratchy start but knuckled down and played to her potential.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 18:54 by Jubbahey

Don't like Murray's very late start, he's gonna get a hard run if he's there in the semi's and the weather plays up again.

But Llodra should be a cake walk for Andy, a solid start should see him through this match.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 18:59 by Guest

It does seem a tad unfair considering he is the champion but I am not too fussed as Andy should only start encountering problems from the quarters onwards. In any case I am relaxed as he has already had a phenomenal year whatever happens here.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 19:21 by Guest

Dan Evans has always had great potential but exasperated potential fans because he couldn't be bothered to put in the hard yards. This year he has (at last!) turned over a new leaf, and just look where it gets him!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 19:26 by Guest

And things are getting better for Evans as we speak. He will play the winner of the Albert Ramos/Bernard Tomic match which is level at two sets all after three hours ten minutes. They could take around four hours to complete their match whilst Dan took around two hours so surely he will be fresher.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:19 by Guest

Tomic through in five gruelling sets in just under four hours. He will now play Dan Evans in the Second Round.

Meanwhile, Rafa is in action and an early break up on Ryan Harrison at 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 21:30 by Guest

Nadal marching through to the Second Round seemingly as he leads Ryan Harrison 6-4 6-2.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 21:33 by Guest

Order of play out for tomorrow and no Andy Murray as forecast. Taking up a slot on Arthur Ashe is John Isner whilst defending champion Murray has to wait until Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 20:54 by Jubbahey

So Robson is set to play her 2nd round at around 1pm on court 11, whilst the defending champion is yet to begin his campaign at the earliest of 7pm same day.

A complete shambles and an insult as far as Murray is concerned.

I'd like to know the reasoning behind this 4rse of a schedule.

(in fact there are 4 top 16 players doing a 1st round exchange tomorrow. Why unseeded players have to start quite late at 11am? I've known golfers in events go out at 6am in all weathers too. Why the other 3 slams seem able to get it together belies a disturbing lack of common with the organisers and its been going on for many years)

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 21:21 by Guest

What a disgrace. Andy is scheduled to play his FIRST round tomorrow evening - and rain is forecast. He therefore may not play until Thursday. I absolutely hate the USO scheduling with their first round spread over 3 days and Stupid Saturday.

I'm also mad because of the timing if it doesn't rain - midnight here. I used to sit up and watch such matches but now I am carer for my husband I can't do that any more, so I'll miss it altogether (I don't have Sky or Eurosport so have to rely on livestreams). I won't bother paying for Eurosport player this year, the past couple of years they have not shown Andy's matches. I suppose Sky have the rights. Why don't Sky provide a livestream, with catch-up? I'd happily pay for it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 21:27 by Guest

Annoying. What was wrong with slotting the defending champion in today on Arthur Ashe. Oh I know I forgot they had to give that slot to John Isner seeded 17 just because he is from the US of A. Suspect 

Anyways as far as Andy is concerned mixed stuff today. Berdych looking ominous has won the first set 6-1 againist Paulo Lorenzi but Niclas Almagro (No.15 seed scheduled to meet Murray in the 3rd or is it 4th Round looks like he is going out. He trails Denis Istomin 3-6 1-6 1-0 but does have a break at the beginning of the third set.

Federer cruising against Zemlja leading 6-3 6-3 and earlier an ill Jery Janowicz bowed out in straight sets and Dimitrov also bit the dust.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 21:32 by Guest

Decrepitude wrote:What a disgrace. Andy is scheduled to play his FIRST round tomorrow evening - and rain is forecast. He therefore may not play until Thursday. I absolutely hate the USO scheduling with their first round spread over 3 days and Stupid Saturday.

I'm also mad because of the timing if it doesn't rain - midnight here. I used to sit up and watch such matches but now I am carer for my husband I can't do that any more, so I'll miss it altogether (I don't have Sky or Eurosport so have to rely on livestreams). I won't bother paying for Eurosport player this year, the past couple of years they have not shown Andy's matches. I suppose Sky have the rights. Why don't Sky provide a livestream, with catch-up? I'd happily pay for it.
Yes it all smacks of a blatant disregard for us Brits who will be watching. As for Sky and livestream - only if they can make stacks of money out of it. Evil or Very Mad  

I know Sky do offer a sort of pay as you go service now.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum