US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Official Website http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013 :: Comments

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:05 by Guest

At the start of that set he had an easy smash to put away on his serve right and followed it up with more sloppy play to gift Mayer the break and rejuvenate him.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:09 by Jubbahey

Trouble is you give these guys a bit of belief and they go bananas and pull off some great tennis.

Andy got to get back the superiority. Like Big Mac said, he's a hunted man now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:13 by Guest

I do feel he never looks comfortable against big hitters and Leonardo Mayer is one of those. Big booming serve and groundstrokes that take Andy out of his comfort zone. He needs to work out ways to beat them - and fast what with Berdych and Nadal possibly waiting in the wings later in New York.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:16 by Guest

That's more like it Andy. Now.....FOCUS.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:16 by Jubbahey

Very Del Potro forehand, Gasquet backhand and Berdych serve.

All Andys bad guys.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:19 by Jubbahey

Nice consolidation.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:20 by Guest

Oddly enough, Del Potro doesn't seem to cause him so much problems I reckon. It is another phase he needs to look at of his game. Getting the job done now though leading 4-1. Stangely, Andy has not used the slice all that much tonight - I believe that could have caused Mayer problems.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:24 by Jubbahey

Andy can't do his stuff six feet behind the baseline, which is what Berdych et al do to him. I'm sure he'll find a way to get on top off those flat inside out forehands but in the meantime he has to try to survive the onslaught.

Agree about Del Boy....what a game from andy though!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:24 by Guest

That was a magical game there from Murray to break to love and lead 5-1.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:26 by Guest

Berdych though never looked flawless earlier only beating a qualifier Kudla 7-6 7-6 6-3 and that was with Kudla injured from the end of the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:33 by Guest

So Murray wins 7-5 6-1 3-6 6-1. It will bug him having to play an extra set this early but safely through and it wasn't exactly a marathon.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:35 by Guest

Incidentally, the last time Murray played in a slam and failed to reach at least the Third Round was the Australian Open 2008. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:36 by Jubbahey

In the end it looked easy but its not of course. Better workout though in readiness for the other Mayer.

Weather outlook is not good for Sunday Monday and Tuesday. But its not an exact science thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:42 by Jubbahey

Robson was poor by her own standards and lost as soon as she played her 1st shot against Li.

Still, she's young and has lots to learn and will get better as she has been doing the past 3 years. When she can maintain the intensity for long periods more and more, the further she will get in slams.

As for Evo, can't believe the transition from waster to player. It'll be monumental if he can get passed Robredo, its not about playing great tennis now, its about thinking your way through the match and playing the important points solidly. Although to be fair he did just that against Tomic, but Tommy is a more savvy player imo.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:43 by Guest

I'd expect Andy to beat Florian Mayer and then it looks like it will be Andreas Seppi (No.20 seed) in the 4th Round, Berdych in QF's, Djokovic in the semis and Nadal in the final. Night Jubba. Speak soon as I have to be up for work in less than five hours time. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:47 by Jubbahey

Ciao CC.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 15:07 by Guest

Well last night really was Jekyll and Hyde stuff from Andy. He built a two set lead without getting out of second gear and then at the start of the third set he began with a very sloppy service game and gifted a break to Mayer who was beginning to look like a beaten man. This gift gave Mayer renewed hope and Murray could not retrieve the situation and lost the set - that was the bad. The fourth set though was a totally different story. Something clicked back on in Murray's mind and he was transformed. He upped his game and blew away the Argentine with a bevy of brilliant shots and coasted to a win. Why couldn't he have done that in the third set? Anyway job done.

Later this evening around 9pm (BST) Dan Evans is in Third Round action against No.19 seed Tommy Robredo. He will find this tough as Robredo will not wilt as easily as Tomic but if he applies himself well a win is certainly not out of the question.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 18:10 by Guest

If Andy does reach the quarters one thing is guaranteed - he will meet a big hitter. hide 

His potential opponents in that round are Tomas Berdych, Julien Benneteau, Marcos Baghdatis or Stan Wawrinka.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:25 by Jubbahey

All those on clay would mean a hard or lost cause.

On HC, apart from Beardy, I'd favour Andy heavily. Even then, over 5 sets I'm not sure Berdych has the tank full enough to go the whole distance with Murray.

A few years ago, that would have been a different story, but Murray has tipped the tables and is now stronger in 5 setters than 3. I suppose its the mental side that has transformed him, and Berdych is no slacker, but I still see Andy coming through a match like that, esp if it is the QF's.

In fact last year it was a 4 set semi final that Andy won against Tomas, so it shows how far Andy's game has come when Berdych owned Murray up till early 2012, hell, its 6-4 to Tomas in H2H stats (3 on clay).

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:43 by Guest

Yes I am still confident Andy would beat Berdych if they meet in the quarters. The Czech laboured to a three set win over qualifier Denis Kudla in just under three hours and it wasn't plain sailing in the last round. People point to Berdych's winning head-to-head (6-4) but three of those wins have been on clay which we know is Andy's weakest surface so take them away and Murray leads 4-3.

Rafa off to a decent start with an early break and leads Dodig 4-3 who is having his ankle strapped as I type.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:00 by Guest

Nadal wins the first set 6-4 against Dodig, Ferrer through in four sets against qualifier Kukushkin and Raonic edging his way to a win over Deliciano. hhaappyy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:23 by Guest

Heartbreak for Judy.....Deliciano loses in four sets to Raonic.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:40 by Guest

Rafa leads 6-4 6-3 against Dodig. He had a slight dip in that set and Dodig had a chance to break back but couldn't take them. It should be routine from here.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 21:02 by Guest

Dodig has competed well and created chances but not taken them. Rafa started off very aggressive but has slipped back a bit into a 'don't miss' mode before snapping out of it. Nadal breaks in the third set and leads 6-4 6-3 3-1 and he just needs to hold his serve to reach the Fourth Round.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 21:19 by Guest

Rafa through to the Fourth Round having beaten Ivan Dodig 6-4 6-3 6-3 in just over two hours. Maybe not quite as straightforward as it seems score wise. Rafa will now play the winner of the Kohlschreiber/Isner match.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum