US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Official Website http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013 :: Comments

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 22:11 by Guest

The schedule is out for tomorrow and Murray will be second on Arthur Ashe Court to play Florian Mayer in the Third Round. He should be due on court at around 6pm (BST). Sadly, this means I will miss this match as I will be working. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 22:25 by Guest

Evans match looms closer. It is a match that he goes into full of confidence I would have thought. However, Robredo is a battler and he won't fade away like Tomic so Evans will be in for a real scrap. Win or lose he knows he has had a great tournie so just needs to go out and enjoy himself. I am off to bed to watch this match - best of luck Evans.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 10:00 by Guest

Sadly, Dan Evans run has come to an end. He lost in four sets but it is a measure of how far he has come that he will be gutted he hasn't reached the Fourth Round. Evans trailed Robredo 7-6 6-1 and he looked beaten but he bounced back to win the third set 6-4 and forged a break in the fourth set with the seeded Spaniard beginning to toil physically with a trainer giving him treatment. Evans served for the fourth set and had set points but inexperience shone through and the wounded Spaniard pegged him back and broke back and Evans looked deflated. Although he battled on his chance had gone and the revitalised Spaniard closed out the match.

Still it has been a great tournament for Evans and one that could propel his career to a new level. The ranking points he has gained will propel up to around 150 in the world but now it is back to the bread and butter of the challenger tour. It is up to Dan to build on this and work to break into the top 100 so that he can savour moments like these again. He has shown he has the talent and the game but now it is up to how he applies himself.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 12:47 by Guest

Best of luck to Andy later today. Unfortunately, I'll be working so will miss the match but I'd be very surprised if Andy doesn't win. Hopefully, he can get the job done in straight sets today.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 14:40 by Jubbahey

Well, its bad luck he couldn't get those two points for a 5 setter, but his run has been good for his game.

His hard work has paid off, unlike previous years where a certain amount of diligence didnt pay off and he languished in challenger mode for a long time. I reckon a bit of LTA mismanagement went some way to giving him the spoils of funding as a licence to party. A few juniors did the same thing and had their funding withdrawn, a bit Victorian in practice and did nothing to further their talents. Looks like they needed a father figure in the LTA coaching staff to pull them together and lead them.

anyhoo.....Dan must be feeling good, depressed he didnt take it to 5, but Tommy may well have buried him and that may have done him more damage. good signs for the future though.

Depending on Eurosports broadcasting licence, I may have to watch Murrays game on Bet365.....a really small screen that just about shows the ball up.....!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 20:40 by Guest

As I whizz towards Montrose aboard a train I see from US Open app that Andy has completed a straight sets win over Mayer. Just what the doctor ordered. By all accounts a slow start but when he found top gear he blew Mayer away. Would that be correct?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 20:56 by Guest

CaledonianCraig wrote:As I whizz towards Montrose aboard a train I see from US Open app that Andy has completed a straight sets win over Mayer. Just what the doctor ordered. By all accounts a slow start but when he found top gear he blew Mayer away. Would that be correct?
Yes- No problems in the 2nd &. 3rd sets. Best he's played so far I would say, but I think he wanted it finished quickly as humidity was a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 0:04 by Guest

Next up for Andy then is a Fourth Round match on Tuesday against Denis Istomin. He caused an upset by beating No.20 seed Andreas Seppi in five sets in a match lasting just over three hours today. Istomin is a big server but shouldn't hold too many fears for Andy to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:52 by Jubbahey

Why are they making a song and dance about Djoko beating Sousa, World No1 V No95.

"Top seed Novak Djokovic sends a warning to the rest of the men's draw with an easy third-round win over Joao Sousa"

Sometimes I wonder how many warnings Murray must have sent the others over the years ?

The press really has an empty barrel most days.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 22:33 by Guest

Well as we move nearer the quarters we start to sweat (or at least on 606v2 they do) about Andy's quarter-final opponent. Will it be Berdych or Wawrinka? Both are big hitters and admittedly have a good head-to-head against Murray. Here is my take on this.

In my opinion Murray has the all-round game to beat either Tomas or Stan. The crux of the problem is the tactics that Andy will deploy. If he goes all attritional and tries moving them around the court he is asking for trouble and quite likely will lose. All that tactic does is leave the way open for either of them to get their booming big shots in first and dictate the rally and in turn the match. Andy MUST be the aggressor - hit big and stretch his opponent and move into the net to pressurise them into hitting passing winners. Aggression and positivity will see him through of that I am certain whilst passiveness and attrition will cost him his crown.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 23:32 by Guest

Andy Murray will be the last match on Arthur Ashe Court tomorrow at around 2am (BST). Get those matchsticks out. Once again I will miss this match unless my hotel room has Sky Sports on it in Prestatyn.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 23:46 by Guest

Tommy Robredo takes the first set against Roger Federer in a tie-breaker. Not what Fed would want - a log match prior to facing Rafa (if he wins of course). Ferrer (who could go above Murray in the rankings after the US Open) is involved in a scrap with Tipsarevic. He won the first set but Tipsy takes the second after an hour and three quarters play.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 0:19 by Guest

Wow. A shock looming as Tommy Robredo leads Roger Federer 7-6 6-3.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 1:03 by Guest

Tommy Robredo obliterates Roger Federer in straight sets winning 7-6 6-3 6-4. Tommy played great stuff but Federer was very poor.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 1:23 by Guest

Kohlschreiber takes the first set tie-break. I doubt whether he can keep this pace up though but nice to see Rafa being tested.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 2:00 by Guest

Rafa breaks Kohlscheiber's serve to lead 4-3 in the second set and with it you feel the tide has changed. Prediction is for Rafa to win 6-7 6-4 6-3 6-2. Ferrer into the quarters having beaten Tipsarevic in four sets in a match lasting almost four hours. Raonic also two sets to one up on Gasquet and looks set to meet Ferrer in the quarters with Robredo set to face Nadal (I predict). Night all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:27 by Guest

No way I can follow Andy's match tonight. The only place I can watch it is on the computer downstairs, and once my husband is in bed I have to be near as if he gets up to go to the loo (and he will!) he is in danger of falling. He is very unsteady since his stroke in January.

So Andy will have to do it without my support. . .

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:39 by Jubbahey

Hi Dec, sorry to hear your husband is still recuperating from his stroke, I hope he eventually gets back to some kind of normality.

The stingy Americans only show 30 secs of highlights, about 2 rallies if you're lucky. I'd call that Skimpy Cuts of No Practical Use To Anybody-lights.

Never knowing what Eurosport is going to show, I wont be setting up V+ tonight, but Youtube sometimes have match highlights, 4 mins or so a day or two later.

Hmmph! bloody Sky!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 3:20 by Guest

Here I am at gone 3am in the morning in a hotel room in Prestatyn following via Murray match via live scores. Andy lost the first set on a tie-break but seems to have upped a gear and takes the second set 6-1. One set all with Istomin holding his serve to start the third set as I type. Meanwhile, Berdych and Wawrinka are involved in a close battle but Stan looks to have just taken the upper hand by winning a third set tie-break to edge ahead by two sets to one after almost two hours of play.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 3:26 by Guest

Murray seals an early break in the third set and now leads 6-7 6-1 2-1. Is the QF now a little closer?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 3:39 by Guest

Did I speak to soon?my bad  

Murray throws in a sloppy service game and we are back on serve at 3-3 and one set all. Istomin, lets remember, has been swiftly moving up the rankings largely and do believe he is currently now at his highest ever ranking so is in form.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 3:54 by Guest

Murray hauls back another break and leads 4-3 and really needs to consolidate this for the sake of my eyelids. Meanwhile, Stan is very close to a win over Tomas Berdych as he leads 3-6 6-1 7-6 5-2. Is that a case of the lesser of two evils should Stan face Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 4:03 by Guest

Stan completes the win in four sets taking around two and three quarter hours. Hopefully, he'll be facing Andy Murray in the Quarter-Finals and as I type I am pleased to say that scenario looks a little more likelier as Andy serves out to take the third set and leads 6-7 6-1 6-4.

You now feel that an early break for Andy in the fourth set and this will be done and dusted.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 4:10 by Guest

Istomin holds firm and holds serve to start the fourth set.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 4:22 by Guest

Apologies Istomin has been ranked much higher than he has at present (currently No.65 has been in mod-30's). The fourth set continues to go with serve with Istomin leading 3-2.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum