View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013 :: Comments

Post on Sat 7 Sep 2013 - 14:28 by Jubbahey

what a crappy weekend this has turned out to be, Murray out, Danny Welbeck suspended and Hamilton out of Qualifying for the first time in 3 years, starting in 12th pos.

I suppose the only good news is that Chelsea managed to lose Rooney in the transfer window.....phew !

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 1:42 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:what a crappy weekend this has turned out to be, Murray out, Danny Welbeck suspended and Hamilton out of Qualifying for the first time in 3 years, starting in 12th pos.

I suppose the only good news is that Chelsea managed to lose Rooney in the transfer window.....phew !
The only way is up....Strictly is back. HappHappy 

On the Murray subject over on 606v2 have left my thoughts on the aftermath aimed at media, websites and posters such as lydian on 606v2. How can they slate a man who had reached the last four slam finals he had competed in and won two of them? Unbelievable. If that had been Roger or Rafa with those accomplishments gloryhunter BB would be wetting himself and lydian drooling.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 11:31 by Guest

As for todays final between Rafa and Novak I am not too fussed who wins as long as it is a great match. You have to favour Rafa for his great hard court form over the last month or two and he has been more impressive thus far in Flushing Meadows than Novak. Never write the Serb off though.

It is quite an important match. Should Rafa win another slam away from clay it leaves me to believe he has a very strong chance of overhauling Federer's slam total in the next two or three years. If Novak wins it boosts his chances of ending up year ending No.1 and edges him closer to the ten slams mark.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 18:39 by Jubbahey

This will be the first competitive taste for Rafa in a 5 set match this year. He hasn't been tested yet, and it will be very interesting to see how his stamina holds out if it goes for the usual 5 sets with Djokovic at the other end.

I fancy Novak on this, as he has incredible amounts of the stuff, but Nadal could get inside his head and Djoko could fall apart, and so I fancy Rafa on that.

Not sure who will win, but Rafa needs to win quickly and Novak needs to eke out 5 sets.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 18:41 by Jubbahey

As for Strictly......I'm off up to the attic to my PC and disappear for a while !

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 18:58 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:As for Strictly......I'm off up to the attic to my PC and disappear for a while !
You'll be up there for a fair few months then. I hope the forum doesn't crash. HappHappy 

Anyways the final is nicely balanced and as long as it is a great match I am not too fussed who wins.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 13:32 by Guest

Congratulations to Rafa on winning the US Open - his 13th slam title of his career. Rafa was just too consistently good for Novak from what I seen. Novak got himself into a good position in the third set but all his recent inconsistencies kicked in.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum