US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013

Official Website http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

US OPEN 27 August - 12 September 2013 :: Comments

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:56 by Guest

Garcia-Lopez takes the second set and they are level at one set all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:56 by Jubbahey

Good ace, c'mon Robbo.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:57 by Jubbahey

Oh dear, looks like a long one for Del Boy.

Can Laura keep her head ?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:57 by Jubbahey

Net call in by a Rizla !

Love 15

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:58 by Jubbahey

Oops, long and its 0-30

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:59 by Jubbahey

Again, a slight ***** and it lands on the line from garcia, 3 breaks points

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:59 by Guest

Oh dear a scrappy, tense service game by Laura and Garcia has three break points.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 28 Aug 2013 - 23:59 by Jubbahey

Good shot cross court 15-40

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:00 by Guest

Oh dear. Garcia breaks to lead 6-5. Looks like we are going all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:01 by Jubbahey

Cripes !!!, looks like garcia is throwing the kitchen sink at robson, but she's a fighter, so if she loses this set, I have every confidence she'll make it happen.

Gotta go, see ya later CC.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:02 by Guest

Night Jubba.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:07 by Guest

Gutsy stuff from Robson who breaks back and we go into a second set tie-breaker.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:11 by Guest

Robson playing some great stuff here and has the upper hand at 4-2 in the tie-break.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:14 by Guest

Laura Robson seals a very good win over Caroline Garcia winning 6-4 7-6 and lines up a Third Round match against Li Na. Well done Laura. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 0:59 by Guest

Sadly, it is raining again at Flushing Meadows and the organisers game of brinkmanship looks set to be very bad for Andy. If his game is rained off then he faces the unwelcome prospect of playing seven games in twelve days whilst Rafa would have fifteen days to play seven games - big difference there. Play has stopped on Arthur Ashe court with Juam Martin Del Potro about to serve for the third set.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 1:13 by Guest

Back playing again and Del Potro takes the third set to lead two sets to one with Garcia-Lopez struggling with a hamstring injury. An early break for Del Potro and we could have a quick finish.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 8:23 by Guest

Andy Murray's title defence is off and running. He beat Michael Llodra 6-2 6-4 6-3 putting in a very polished performance. His serve was accurate and yet controlled and with only three aces I believe he had more up his sleeve to call upon if needed for cheap points. Winners were flowing off his racket with 34 and he was particularly miserly with unforced errors with only five having made no errors in the first set. I can't fault him after that win - next up in the Second Round Argentina's Leonardo Mayer.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 10:29 by Guest

No way I could watch it, but from what I have read it was a very entertaining match. I'll have to get hold of a copy to watch after the USO is over.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 10:36 by Guest

Decrepitude wrote:No way I could watch it, but from what I have read it was a very entertaining match. I'll have to get hold of a copy to watch after the USO is over.
It was. It had some great rallies and a lot of quality tennis. I am struggling to think when Andy has put in a more impressive performance in the first round at a slam where he generally tends to take time to get into his stride. Perhaps this was because Llodra is an ideal opponent for Andy being a left-hander and a player who likes to make a target by approaching the net giving Andy the opportunity to hit many passing shots. Anyway looking good so far.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 12:46 by Guest

As for his next opponent Leonardo Mayer there should be no real problems. The Argentinian took almost four hours to come through in four sets in the First Round so will surely feel the effects of that. In any case he is not in the same class as Andy so barring an abhorration from Andy the signs look good for the next round.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 13:34 by Guest

Watched the recording and I must say I wasn't stressed out watching, as Craig says you couldn't fault him and it was an impressive performance for his first defence of the title.

Lets hope he can keep it up and I would look forward to a possible match up with Rafa should they both make it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 18:40 by Guest

Best of luck to Dan Evans in his Second Round match which starts in about an hours time. He plays Bernard Tomic and I'd say it is a very winnable game. If he has the game to beat Nishikori I am confident he has the game to beat Tomic who is very inconsistent both mentally and performance wise.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 20:19 by Guest

Evans just not settled in the first set and to be honest Tomic played very well and won the first set 6-1. Evans has upped his game in the second set as it goes with serve and he leads 3-2.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 20:35 by Guest

Evans hangs tough and strings together a good stretch of games and wears down Tomic to win the second set 6-3. Back level at one set all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 21:36 by Guest

Dan Evans really playing great aggressive tennis as he takes the third set on a tie-break and leads 1-6 6-3 7-6. He then called for the trainer and is starting to look a little fatigued as we go with serve in the fourth set at 1-1. Whatever happens now he has played great stuff. Regardless of the result today I feel the important time is the coming months - he must keep this form going in the bread and butter of the challenger tour matches if he is to crack the top 100.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum