Sony Open - Miami Masters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sony Open - Miami Masters

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 1:06

I know we are (at least I am) a little over critical of Murray sometimes and don't give him quite the credibility he deserves at times, especially when he's (InOurMostHumbleOpinion) not playing brilliantly, it takes an outsider to open my eyes a little.

David Law on the Beeb site sums it up really...

"As for the match, all of those lung-busting 400m runs in the Miami heat
in the off season were designed for this sort of occasion. To win one of
these titles at any time is hard work, but to force David Ferrer, known
as The Everywhere Man for his ability to cover the court, to cramp in
the stifling heat and humidity, is something else
"

And therein lies the rub, I watch Andy hoping and expecting a win, so when he plays rubbish, I can't see the wood for the trees and the old nitpicking Jubba comes to the fore. I can't blame myself, we have all been in the mincer with him through the highs and lows to eventually get to this point in his career, No2 and a slam winner etc.

Its so difficult in the heat of the moment to really see his play for what it is, a big soup, a mish mash of styles and shots, sometimes predictable, other times not......flashes of brillaince and what seems like a plethora of errors strewn about the court.

But of course, impartial observers see it differently, they see Andy as a personified professional plying his trade as best he can.

I can't blame them, but when you've been on such a long hard road as ours, I think we are entitled to a little scepticism and berate him for those moments when all reason flies out the window and the shots go awry.

One things for sure, we aint never going to have a match go by without drama and humour, frustration and glee. I suppose thats why we follow him so much.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 8:59

Yes Jubba following Andy is very much like being on a Roller Coaster ride but when all is done and dusted us Murray fans probably wouldn't expect it to be any different.

One improvement in yesterday's win with all the highs and lows, how many times did he lose his cool, I can't rember him losing it once, Andy off old would have lost it many times and consequently would probably have lost the match.

So he is making progress and with Ivan in his corner he is on the right road.

It would be nice if he was to win his first Clay tournament before bringing home the big one "Wimbledon" (fingers crossed),so being a Murray fan does have its benefits as you never know what's around the corner, and after all we are supporting the second best player on the planet at this moment in time.

Last edited by BOO on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:09

I wonder if, for that reason alone, we are being entertained more than say a Federer fan over the years ?

Wasn't he winning everything at one stage, surely that must have been a tad boring to watch, knowing that there was no-one to compete with him.

At least we are in a position of not knowing with every important match, but having a remarkable success rate given the kind of opponents he is facing now and with which Federer has been having such a hard time beating or losing to in the last 4 years.

I'd say we get more bang for bucks with Murray, I may have lost a few years off my life being a Murray fan though.....

hhaappyy

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:11

I think Andy alluded to what BOO said in his post-match interview. He felt it was the sort of match he would have lost a year or two ago. He, like the rest of us fans, wasn't happy with his serving and said he will go away and work on it so that is good to hear. It was patchy throughout the tournament from him but he won a Masters event doing that which is impressive.

Of course supporting Murray his wins always come with drama and worrying along the way but at least we can watch in the knowledge that we are watching one of the greatest British players of all-time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 22:27

Right on CC.

Of course all this weak era stuff is childrens play, anybody with any sense can see what we have here.

Reading this today, it became instantly clear that this is no diluted era, it may be the strngest we have ever seen, and the records illustrate the fact quite plainly.....

Its sober reading and you just can't condemn it in any way, its factual and thats that, but it shows just how many players are in the mix and what kind of competitiveness exists.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Corporate/About.aspx

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum