Madrid Masters 2013

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madrid Masters 2013

Post by Guest on Fri 3 May 2013 - 9:25

The men's draw is at 18.30 today, local time, according to the tournament website http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis/ceremonias-de-sorteo-de-los-cuadros-finales/

Hello all. I'm sorry I have been away for a long time. My husband had quite a serious stroke in early January, and life has been in turmoil ever since. After 3 months in hospital he is back home now, but living downstairs (and we only have a combined livingroom-diningroom, so it's a bit crowded). I am naturally his carer so my time for tennis is now rather restricted.

Back to top Go down

Re: Madrid Masters 2013

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 3 May 2013 - 9:54

Sorry to hear that Dec, its no holiday for sure looking after a loved one. I hope you manage to get all the support you deserve from not just family and friends but more importantly, the government, a stingy lot with all their promises.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 3 May 2013 - 10:00

Can't find a list of participating players, will have to wait until draw comes out.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 4 May 2013 - 16:05

My sincere condolences Dec. Hope your husband is on the mend.

Here is the draw here:-

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2013&EventId=1536&Draw=ms

Looks like a tricky draw for Andy with his potential draw looking like this:-

2nd Round - Bellucci/Mayer

3rd Round - Simon

QF - Tipsarevic

SF - Djokovic

Final - Nadal/Federer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:41

Andy Murray will play Florian Mayer tomorrow in the Second Round. He is due on court at around 4.15 pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 6 May 2013 - 20:47

Good news for another British player....Robson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22428799

Does this mean her shoulder injury is behind her now ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 6 May 2013 - 21:07

Indeed a great win for Laura and very timely. It seems she either goes out in the First Round or takes big scalps and goes deep into tournies. Hopefully, she can build on this win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 May 2013 - 17:37

Murray really playing poorly here against Mayer.

Good mental fortitude to edge the first set though- winning when you're not playing well isn't a bad sign.
Let's see if he can finish the match off though, he's really struggling here in the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 7 May 2013 - 18:53

Mmm...messy starts and ends to both sets, apart from running away with the 2nd set tie break, lets hope this was a good warm up match, it ain't going to get any easier.

Simon on clay = hot or cold depending on mood. If Andy leaves the door slightly ajar, Gilles could take a set.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 May 2013 - 19:24

At the moment I will take that. A win is a win. Just got in from work so never saw the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 May 2013 - 22:19

Tonight I think we have seen the emergence of a new young star on the tennis circuit. Grigor Dimitrov has beaten Novak Djokovic 7-6 6-7 6-3 despite cramping up. He stood head-to-head with Novak and played stunning stuff to pull off the win. Definitely the best youngster around at the moment and could be one to challenge for slams in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 May 2013 - 22:27

By the way Andy's next match will be against Gilles Simon. Could be a real test as Simon is decent on clay. That match will be played on Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 7 May 2013 - 22:37

I may be wrong here but if Andy beats Simon to reach the quarters he will be guaranteed to go back to No.2 in the world as Federer is defending 1000 points here. Murray is 100 points adrift of Fed and he will earn 180 points if he at least reaches the quarters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 9 May 2013 - 19:35

Well, as you all prob know The Fed is out, ousted by Nishi.

That means that Murray has a great chance to ease ahead of Roger in the No2 spot. What with Djoko out, I wonder if anyone can upset the Nadal apple cart this week.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 19:52

Regardless of the result later this evening - Andy Murray will now move back to No.2. Federer was defending 1000 points here and a massive chunk of them have been lost. Hopefully, Andy can go on a great run here and it would not be inconceivable that Andy could be 1000+ points clear of Roger and taking a decent chunk out of Djoko's lead considering his shock loss to Dimitrov the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:27

Oh dear, that's an appalling start by Murray.
Seems vaguely disinterested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:31

What disappoints me is not that he's losing- or being outplayed- but the fact he doesn't look like he is putting much effort.

Hopefully he can turn this around- he is a better player than Simon and thrashed him on clay in 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:39

Murray really is a confidence player. As yet this year he has yet to build up the confidence on clay and it shows. However, Andy does seem to be troubled with a hip problem as he keeps rubbing the hip and almost flexing it. Early days yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:00

Murray's trials and tribulations on the red stuff continue. Gilles Simon has won the first set 6-2 by playing no more than solid. Murray has been flat with too many unforced errors and with it too passive. I have no doubt he has a hip problem as his movement doesn't look great. Really must do better.

Another early exit here would be really bad preparation for RG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:28

He doesn't seem to really care here.

Normally he looks annoyed when he's playing badly, today he doesn't seem like it even bothers him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:38

No I wouldn't say that. Andy really is a confidence player and plays better for being confident. On clay though Andy hasn't had any confidence boosting wins so far this year on clay - quite the opposite in fact in that there has been confidence destroying defeats.

He is starting to hit the ball with more purpose now and being more competitive so we will see how this match pans out. 3-3 in the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:01

Murray pulls it back to one set all. Striking the ball better, reducing the unforced errors and moving Simon around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:06

Yes, this is finally better stuff.

He's a miles better player than Simon, if he wants to he can destroy him in the final set here.
It is a question of effort and application, he can do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:10

I tell you Amrit for Andy (especially on clay) it is all about confidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:14

Fabulous game that from Murray. He pulled off some great passing winners there. He breaks to go 2-0 up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum