Madrid Masters 2013

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madrid Masters 2013

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:40

A shocker that. You see again I could testify that to confidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:41

He knows he has had chances to break and spurned them and that must knock confidence and annoy him. That game there reeked of annoyance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:42

Oh I agree.....when he's optimistic and a little aggressive, he gets the job done to get to the finals. Its there he has to work hard to produce the goods.

Too many times he does let his service game go and just like that last break, he almost gives up and wants to go home. Its an enigma how Andy can go so hot and cold most of the time.

why his confidence wavers in and out of high to low is a mystery given that he can break Berdych almost at will, then produce Shockers as you say.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:45

It must be remembered as well that this is clay - by far his weakest surface and that just magnifies the traits Andy has that you refer to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:48

Also don't know what the full story on his hip is. It has clearly been troubling him in Madrid as he has been rubbing it and flexing it all week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:52

I think the opposition love Andy to implode, as anything else is scary and they fear him.

Can't see the hip making it hard for him to move, but his second serve is way slower than usual.

Gets a game by playing on another planet, maybe thats what he needs to do, play outside of his body...LOL

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:53

Wow just noticed Berdych clothing brand - H & M. Very downmarket for a tennis player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:55

Berdych is clinical with anything short/high/soft or any combination of.

I suppose we have to give Murray some credit, as you say, he's a V.G clay player.

I wonder if clay exaggerates Andys loss of pace, ie, his forehand is not fast enough on slow surfaces.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:57

Come on Andy at least make Tomas serve it out. At least I got what I asked for - for Andy to be competitive. He has done that and I think he can take confidence from that into Rome next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:59

Wins when he stays passive to himself, but aggressive to his opponent.

Says it all really.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 21:59

Also it can't have been ideal preparation that he has had. A three hour marathon ending after 1am in the morning earlier today. Late to bed after interviews, tests etc and then back on court around 18 hours later. Berdych with over a days rest and a short match yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 10 May 2013 - 22:03

And that is that - Berdych proves too strong, too consistent and wins 7-6 6-4 to move into the semis. For Murray at least a little confidence should have been built and he is back as world NO.2 so on to Rome next week he goes. Frustrating match as it could have been different but Berdych is a top player so credit to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 10 May 2013 - 22:05

Yep, pretty much the result we all thought. If he could have cemented the breaks, it may have been a 3 setter, but enoughs enough, time to get Rome in his sights and concentrate on that.

see ya later CC

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 11 May 2013 - 20:05

Tomorrow's Madrid Masters Final will be beaten Rafael Nadal and Stan Wawrinka. Nadal cruised to a win over wildcard Pablo Andujar whilst Wawrinka came from behind in the final set to beat Tomas Berdych in three sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum