2013 Wimbledon final between Murray and Djokovic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 Wimbledon final between Murray and Djokovic

Well, its here at last, the final between the two top players in the world today, Andy Murray & Novak Djokovic.

Good luck to both players and of course we all wish for a brilliant match of tennis, but a special degree of luck to Andy in hoping that he can win it for the first time and set the record book straight and herald a new beginning for British tennis.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

2013 Wimbledon final between Murray and Djokovic :: Comments

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 8:35 by Guest

Of course I first and foremost want a Murray win but wouldn't it be fabulous if it goes down as a classic final - on of the very best of all-time.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 9:40 by Guest

VAMOS ANDYY Smile

If I may say that Perfect 

Last edited by Amritia3ee on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 11:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 11:12 by Guest

OK, exact score prediction time.
I said earlier I'm not sure between 3-4 sets, now I will stick my neck out and say 3 sets.

Djokovic to win 6-3 7-6 7-5

If it's an consolation I also though Djokovic was going to win relatively comfortably in the French Open semi-final this year, but Rafa managed to prove me wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 11:26 by Guest

Okay my score prediction is:-

Murray to win 6-4 5-7 6-4 4-6 6-3

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 13:31 by Jubbahey

Normally getting the butterflies around this time, half an hour to go and I'm usually trying to do mundane jobs around the house to take my mind of it, never works.

Thats just me, god knows how Murrays feeling !

Although this time around, I'm strangely relaxed and unperturbed by the forthcoming battle, bet it changes a min before they walk on though.

Prediction, Murray in 4, but no idea on how the sets will go. Murray 1st set and prob 2nd, lose 3rd and win 4th. thats my heart talking, head says 5 sets, long, close and tortuous sets that will take years off my life.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 13:49 by Guest

I have a few butterflies now but unlike last year is is not the greatest grass courter of all-time on the other side of the net and Murray now has the winning mentality. Bring it on. Disappointed if he loses but he has that slam win already.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 18:37 by Jubbahey

Speechless................there is nothing I can say except...amazing, well done Andy, you've made yourself and everyone proud of your achievement, history has been made and you're the reason for it, your sheer hard work and will power, skill and talent has paid off.

Can't think of anything else to say.....what a champion !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 18:44 by Guest

It was surreal. I was watching it but not believing it. It wasn't a classic and was brutal to watch in such severe heat but Andy took everything Novak had to offer and powered through to a straight sets win and it was certainly deserved. It was only the second serve % of points won where Andy was poor but apart from that I believe Andy was ahead on every other stat. Magical scenes at the end, very emotional and what an atmosphere. A day that will live long in the memory. Congratulations Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:52 by Jubbahey

Oh my, its really sticking in BB's craw, haven't seen him this destitute of joy since Roger lost in the 2nd round, possibly still smarting from that result it must have been painful even though he doesn't admit it.

I'm gonna have some fun with him if he continues. In fact, lets all have a bit of a laugh at his expense, we've had enough from him and his kind in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 20:17 by Guest

He just cannot post a simple well done. There always has to be a snide remark to pour scorn on Andy's triumph. Heck even Novak fans take the defeat on the chin far better.

Remarks he has made were Murray was red-lining so if he hadn't won that set then Djokovic would have won the match. Also had a dig at the quality of the final. Oh right and so all Roger's finals have been high quality? Of course not. So bitter.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 21:20 by Jubbahey

Meanwhile back in the land of reality, I don't suppose Murrays win will sink in until the papper rags headline him and it'll be the first time he might actually read them !

Now he's got 3 monkeys off his back, are they ever going to lay of him and give him some breathing space, if ever this was a test of courage and steel will, then he's passed with flying colours.

I reckon this is as good as a war medal, considering the fire he's been put under for the last 4 yrs, "Britain Expects" and all that. I dunno about anyone on here but I'll be watching the whole match again on my Virgin tivo, and I'll have to try and find a way of downloading it so I can upload it to this website, if poss.

Ere, wasn't BOO there today, I wonder if he's come down to earth yet ! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 21:42 by Guest

I recorded it on my TIVO box as well for future prosperity. dogood 

Highlights coming on at 10.25pm as well. Andy really held himself together very well and played the big points better than Novak. Odd strategies from Novak but who cares. It was a win and it was deserved - nobody can deny that. I can see him now going on to win another Wimbledon or two and perhaps another US Open or two and perhaps an Australian Open. Well I can dream. Groupies

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:33 by Guest

Congrats to Andy fans Groupies 

What a champion Andy is, proved me wrong 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 23:40 by Jubbahey

Nothing wrong with that amrit, we have to thank you for putting the hex on Novak though, very helpful. SunRay

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 23:48 by Jubbahey

Stats for the game......

Novak Djokovic (SRB)Andy Murray (GBR)
4  Aces9
4  Double faults2
68 of 105 = 65 %  1st serves in67 of 105 = 64 %
40 of 68 = 59 %  1st serve points won48 of 67 = 72 %
15 of 37 = 41 %  2nd serve points won16 of 38 = 42 %
127 MPH  Fastest serve131 MPH
118 MPH  Average 1st serve speed117 MPH
97 MPH  Average 2nd serve speed80 MPH
30 of 52 = 58 %  Net points won26 of 37 = 70 %
4 of 13 = 31 %  Break points won7 of 17 = 41 %
41 of 105 = 39 %  Receiving points won50 of 105 = 48 %
31  Winners36
40  Unforced errors21
96  Total points won114
Its a lot closer than I initially thought except for UE's. And on a closer look 2nd serve points won, looks favourable to Novak but actually Murrays % is telling and of course the break point percentage tells a story of its own.

EDIT...whoops, read Net Points won, not 2nd serve points won, Doh !

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 20:41 by Jubbahey

I wonder how Andy is feeling right now, Monday, 20:30 hrs 8th July 2013 ?

Still floating 6ins off the ground, hovering over the fan mail and letters of congrats from dignitaries ?

C'mon Andy, come in and tell us..............well, OK then , take another few days off first, you've earned them.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 21:06 by Jubbahey

Tell Andy how much his win means to you..... :¬)

https://www.facebook.com/andymurrayofficial

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 22:38 by Jubbahey

KK, I'm slow on the uptake, but its just come to me what his Wimbledon win will mean in the long run. Forget England, Scotland, Great Britain, think the rest of the world, he's actually a mega star now, even bigger than a household name, truly, the world is his oyster and his presence in the media, advertising, sponsorship functions, promotional bill boarding is going to go ballistic.

People from all over the world will see Andy as the new darling of tennis, his credentials are sealed, a multi-slam winner and Olympic Gold medalist, its a Midas touch he has inherited and its going to elevate him to super stardom in the space of the few days it going to take for the whole Wimbledon bandwagon to circumnavigate the globe ethereally on the web.

Oh he's ready for it I'm sure and its fair reward for the years he has blindly chosen to lead a solitary life on tour to realise his dream of being the best tennis player ever and winning Wimbledon. All that intense training, pain and torment has been an investment towards what happened on Sunday, his excruciating losses in slam finals, his under par performances that must have frustrated him beyond reasonable borders, the days when getting out of bed felt like trying to climb an insurmountable hill and turning up for a match ill, too sick to even talk, was as good as torture to a feeble body and soul.

All of it has been a kind of Sorcerers apprenticeship, and in trying to learn the magic of Centre Court in a trial by error, a trial of terror, he has passed the test with flying colours. Its been a long hard road and one that is now satisfyingly fading away in the rear view mirror, becoming a mere glimpse of his past contests of adversity and his moments of trivial triumph.

A cocktail of memories relegated to the bottom drawer and his new found fame is based on all that has come to pass in that drawer, and if he should falter a little in times ahead, he can rest in the knowledge that he has been there before and conquered it.

I wish him the very best of luck and can only wonder at what he can now achieve, what heights of fancy he will put his Midas touch to and how it will integrate with the Land Of Murray and his followers, in fact, the rest of the world really.

He deserves every little accolade and every momentous applause.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 23:41 by Guest

I was thinking today about his recent achievements and it is frighteningly good. He hold the US Open, Wimbledon title and is Olympic Champion plus don't forget he was runner-up at the Australian Open so not a million miles away from holding four major titles (three of them slams) all at one time. In discussions at work an English person felt he doesn't merit a knighthood as what has he done? He is a cricket fan (as I am even though I am Scottish) and I had to bite my tongue because didn't an obscene amount of cricketers get knighted for winning the Ashes? Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 19:11 by Jubbahey

I think a KH would diminish his achievement IMO. It would cheapen it.

They hand those things out like toffee bars, I'd rather get a yellow coat from
Joe Maplin.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 19:46 by Guest

CC- I think they got a OBE (or something like that) for winning the Ashes.

Personally I think Andy should be knighted, but maybe wait until after his career- or if he starts up some charity foundation.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 20:47 by Guest

Well Bradley Wiggins earned a knighthood for winning gold medals and a Tour de France so it is similar to Andy's achievements and never heard a murmur of prospect when Bradley was knighted (merited it was as well). Anyway I do agree that now is not the time. Wait until he has retired and achieved far more (hopefully). That makes much more sense.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 21:08 by Jubbahey

I dont know about you CC, but that KH for Wiggins just didnt sit right, when so many other athletes have been through the same treadmill of pain to get a GM.

Yes he deserved something, maybe an OBE like the Ashes team, I just hate it when the norm is to say, "Oh he'll get a KH now" as if its mandatory when you achieve paparazzi status.

Sir Andy ?.....Alex Salmond will be trying to bring Nationalist Scotland forward before that happens LOL

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 21:42 by Guest

Bradley's was a surprise but when you think about it I'd say it was deserved. I do watch the Tour de France when I get the chance and they put themselves through hell. He was the first Brit to win the most prestigious cycle race in the world and already had Olympic gold medals.

With Andy he has went through a heck of a lot to get where he is. As a boy he lived through the Dunblane tragedy, he took up tennis and had to fight through adversity of a non-existent coaching system of the LTA, he then had to go through abject failures in slam finals, take the full pressure from the public and media who wrongly branded him a bigot and finally emerged into a hero. So you see he has had hardships to overcome before he could savour success and many others would never have had the determination to make it like Andy has. The knighthood will be deserved but leave it until he has retired.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum