Pressure on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pressure on?

Murray is a great player, and the best Britain has had for a long long while. 
He has shown time and time again that he can play and compete with the best, since his wins against Federer when he was young, to his US Open Title last year.

However one thing on his CV that he will not like is his Grand Slam Final Record. This can be, in part, put down to the fact he is playing among 3 other world class players but Murray will  desperately try and reverse this- at the moment he is 1-6 out of 7 GS Finals. 
Today's Wimbledon is huge, he loses and he does 1-7 down, another blow at the highest level- but if he wins he is a British Wimbledon Winner and a national hero. The pressure is on like it's never been before, let's hope Murray comes off it stronger and seals the title today!

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Pressure on? :: Comments

Post on Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 10:02 by Guest

Fair points Amrit and I have thought about it. I'd say it must be pretty unique in that every slam final that Andy has reached he has played a player ranked only in the top three which speaks volumes for the consistency of the very best players of today. I would disagree about the pressure thing though as the slam win is already in the bag so the pressure that brought has gone. Sure there will be home pressure with it being Wimbledon but we have seen he can cope with that in the Olympics (incidentally where he beat Novak in straight sets).

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum