GB V Croatia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GB V Croatia

The play-off for a place in the World Group is under way between Croatia and GB.

The tie is taking place on clay in Umag, Croatia. Andy Murray got the ball rolling beating 16-year-old Borna Coric (recently won the US Junior Open) 6-3 6-0 6-3. Andy seemed to be having problems with his back again (I find it all to coincidental that it resurfaces back on clay). Later in the day Ivan Dodig restored parity in the tie beating Dan Evans 6-3 6-2 6-3.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

GB V Croatia :: Comments

Post on Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 21:55 by Guest

And today Andy and Colin Fleming won the doubles against Dodig and Pavic. They won the first two sets then dropped the third but won the fourth.

Andy played pretty well and didn't seem to have much trouble with the back. Colin made some wonderful volleys but his serve was shaky at times - he served a double fault on break point once.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 12:41 by Guest

Andy Murray sends GB back into the World Group beating the game Ivan Dodig 6-4 6-2 6-4. Andy played a great game considering it is clay and he was just too good for the Croat. GB back in the big time. Very Happy 

Now I know this is a team game but this tie and result came at exactly the right time for Andy. After a somewhat lacklustre US Open exit hew must have been down so this should act as a great pick-me-up.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 16:36 by Guest

Hopefully!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum