Season finished for Andy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season finished for Andy!

Andy Murray is unlikely to play again this season after deciding to undergo surgery on a long-standing back injury.
The 26-year-old has a disc problem in his lower back and is set to miss this year's remaining tour events, including November's World Tour Finals in London.
The injury flared up in May, forcing him to withdraw from the French Open.
He returned in July and was the first Briton to win Wimbledon since 1936, but has struggled back on the hard courts and lost in the US Open quarter-finals.

Lets hope he returns with a Slam in Australia in 2014

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Season finished for Andy! :: Comments

Post on Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 16:05 by Guest

First British MALE. . .

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 18:55 by Guest

Like I said on Jubba's thread. Hopefully, this surgery and time off will work two fold. By that I mean solve his back problems and he can use the time off to rest and come back super refreshed and hungry for the start of the new season.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 23:49 by Jubbahey

Virginia Wade, the forgotten champion !

Poor old Virginia, and I remember it being a little low key given the momentous occasion it was back in 77 when I was 21.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 23:52 by Jubbahey

As for putting his disc out......were we right about his serving action being too front on ? (well, Big Mac said as much two years ago)

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:48 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:As for putting his disc out......were we right about his serving action being too front on ? (well, Big Mac said as much two years ago)
I feel it is not the serving action but the rigours of clay. All three times his back injury has flared up has been on clay. His serving action may have exasperated the problem though or may of been the reason he served that way. Who knows? I wish him all the best with his surgery today though.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum