Andy Murray - Where Is He At Both Mentally and Physically?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andy Murray - Where Is He At Both Mentally and Physically?

As Andy Murray recuperates from his back surgery I have a growing feeling of unease.

Prior to the surgery many people were levying claims that Andy had lost a bit of hunger/desire and I'd refute that. However, some worrying signs are there for me. His statement that he was only interested in slam wins was a bit odd in my opinion as it is clear you cannot switch form on and off like a tap - so why make the comment? Now as Andy recovers he has stated two or perhaps three times that he will miss the Australian Open if he feels he isn't it the shape to win it. Hmm may be a bit worried about the injury but surely he should be ravenous and chomping at the bit to get going again?

Fitness-wise he will now need to strive to return to supreme match fitness that he had. Also will he have full confidence in his back to really push himself to the limits like he used to? I certainly hope so and suppose we will only know once he is back playing.

Fingers crossed for Andy and I hope my fears are unfounded.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Andy Murray - Where Is He At Both Mentally and Physically? :: Comments

Post on Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 16:29 by Jubbahey

Nadal came back in a most inauspicious way, in South America during the clay season in some low brow 250 events.

It was a perfect way for him to ease back into the frame and it has worked out as a brilliant tactic. I hope Andy follows the same tack, as he has stated that he knows he will be very off track in fitness and match readiness. Going straight into a slam is not a good idea for me, but the earl;y hard court season is on us and he will have ample opportunity to ease back into the tour without over doing it too much.

He may still give the AO a miss, but I'm worried that the clay swing may reverse all he has done to get back.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum