Qatar Open 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Qatar Open 2014

After a steady comeback (one loss and one win) at an exhibition event last week Andy tests his back in Qatar as the 20th season kicks off.

He has drawn a local player (ranked 2000+) so a nice easy starter for Andy. Let's hope Andy has a great 2014.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Qatar Open 2014 :: Comments

Post on Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:09 by Guest

As expected Andy Murray through to the next round without breaking sweat winning 6-0 6-0 in 37 minutes. Next up is likely to be Florian Mayer.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 20:52 by Guest

Missed this as I had an appointment - and I'll miss tomorrow's match against Flo Mayer, as well. It's at 12.30 and I'll be making New Year's Day lunch Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 1 Jan 2014 - 17:44 by Guest

Sadly, Andy went out in three sets to Florian Mayer. Disappointing but not altogether surprising considering the length of time Murray has been out of tennis. Let's hope he is ready for the Australian Open.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 1 Jan 2014 - 18:04 by Guest

I find it rather worrying that there are reports that he had to have his back iced. Sounds as though the surgery hasn't been entirely successful.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 18:54 by Guest

I never heard/read those reports so can't comment on that. If it was the case then it is a worry.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 21:51 by Guest

It was mentioned by people on another forum who were watching the match - and it is confirmed in the  Independent too. However his own comments sound as though it was just a lack of matches with consequent soreness and lack of match fitness.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 21:52 by Guest

Hmm. The word "Independent" is a link to the article - but it doesn't look like one, at least not on my computer.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 0:04 by Guest

Well in any case I don't hold out much hope for the Australian Open. It is clearly too soon to be expecting Andy to be competing for the title. I would be happy if he teaches the quarters/semis.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum