WTF's London O2 arena 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF's London O2 arena 2016

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:50

Mmmm, that semi final against Raonic was not just a marathon match and prob one of the best matches so far in the history of the WTF's but a sure test for Andy to overcome a player in form and on song today. He managed to weather the storm of serves that Milos brought to each tight moment and even after failing to serve out the match twice and several MP's in the final tie breaker, somehow, either by luck or sheer nerve brought out the final mistake from Raonic and won a beleagured contest that took over 3 1/2 hours to complete.

Well done is all I can say, theres not much left to say, my brain is drained from all the tension that Andy inevitably gives us in matches like this.

How this is going to play into Novak's hand is down to him tonight as he takes on Kei, if Nishikori plays as well as he can, there might be an upset, but I believe whatever Kei throws up, Djokovic will soak it up and return with interest. It all depends on how far Kei pushes Novak and how he feels tomorrow in the final if he gets there.

If it does indeed end up a seeded 1,2 final its going to be a war of attrition thats for sure.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF's London O2 arena 2016

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:45

How the hell did he do that!

What a player. KK clap  sundance

Fantastic result beating all the odds and the favourite player to win. Absolutely shell shocked and amazed that Andy pulled that off, just goes to show you can never, NEVER write him off.

What a great platform to take into 2017, yes, all will be gunning for him especially Novak who has so many points to defend its going to be a huge ask, but I'm really looking forward to next year and Andy can actually get better too and improve his game all around.

It's marvellous, what a great ambassador Murray is to the sporting world, we can only hope that enough young kids get out there and take up tennis so we may well get another Andy in the future, who knows, this could be the start of something big.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum