Cincinnati Line up

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cincinnati Line up

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 18:09

Andy through in straight sets against Gilles Simon 6-3 6-3. A decent enough performance from him and seemed to be moving much better today. A lengthy match due to a number of long rallies - next up for Andy a semi-final against either Mardy Fish or Rafael Nadal.

That win means Andy has put more ranking points in the bank as last year in Cincinnati Andy lost in the quarter-finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 18:25

Simon comments after the match - He has been suffering from a bad back!

So bad he has beaten Melzer, Tipsy & Ferrer to get to the Quarters.

Think he may be looking for an excuse perhaps for going out so easily lol!

Well done Andy and I hope its Rafa in the Semis dogood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 20:17

No Boo I am afraid it is Mardy Fish. He has bullied Nadal to win 6-3 6-4 and fully deserved it was. It is his first win over Nadal and this will be a tough test for Andy Murray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 20:48

CaledonianCraig wrote:No Boo I am afraid it is Mardy Fish. He has bullied Nadal to win 6-3 6-4 and fully deserved it was. It is his first win over Nadal and this will be a tough test for Andy Murray.

Would not be surprised if Mardy wins this one.

However as long as Andy keeps his best for the USO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 21:12

Well the main thing is, from here, that Andy has improved on hiss performance at Cincinnati last year, got in vital court time and a bit of form on the hard courts prior to the US Open. Hopefully, Andy will play aggressively as a pretty passive Rafa today played in to Mardy's hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 16:31

Andy v Mardy - I think whoever wins this one may win the tournament, irrespective if Novak makes the final!

Not really worried that for a change Andy is the underdog in this one as Mardy seems to be on fire at present.

As long as he plays attacking tennis I am not too concerned because the one that really matters is the USO and hopefully he will be able to take some form into that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:27

Worrying signs for Andy Murray at the end of the second set against Fish in the tie-break as he seems to have some sort of leg/hamstring injury in his left leg he currently leads 6-3 with the second set in a tight tie-break. Hopefully, its not too serious with the US Open just a week away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:36

On the upside though Andy Murray has beaten Mardy Fish 6-3 7-6 (10-8 ) to reach the final. Worried about that injury though but hopefully it is nothing serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:42

Very tricky conditions but a win is a win goodjob - could be tired for tomorrow so let's hope the next match goes to three tie breaks lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:43

CaledonianCraig wrote:On the upside though Andy Murray has beaten Mardy Fish 6-3 7-6 (10-8 ) to reach the final. Worried about that injury though but hopefully it is nothing serious.

Woohoo!

Thanks Craig.....I just logged in to bet 365 to see Andy.....it wasn't looking good for him....I couldn't bear to watch.. so I logged out.

Next thing....I look on here and see he's won!

Well done Andy!

Yes...I hope the injury is nothing serious.

Who's he playing in the final?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:43

Hello BOO.....it's busy on here tonight lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:45

Relieved to hear that Andy isn't too concerned about the injury and puts it down to the conditions. The whole tournament has seen Andy put in improved performances in each match and needs to carry on that improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:47

Solerina wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:On the upside though Andy Murray has beaten Mardy Fish 6-3 7-6 (10-8 ) to reach the final. Worried about that injury though but hopefully it is nothing serious.

Who's he playing in the final?

He plays either Novak Djokovic or Thomas Berdych in the final tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:59

Thanks Craig.....hope it's Berdych.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 21:53

Novak Djokovic won the first set 7-5 and Thomas Berdych has withdrawn with a wrist injury so it is Andy Murray V Novak Djokovic in tomorrow's final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 22:15

Can Andy do what most others can't and that's beat Novak?

If there last encounter is anything to go by then he stands a good chance, he came within two points of beating him doh2

Kick off at 5-30pm so heat again will be a factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 22:27

I'm not so sure myself. He struggled in the second set physically did Andy but hopefully he can recover and give a good account of himself. Whatever happens it has been a good week for Andy but if he were to win tomorrow that would give his confidence a massive boost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 10:49

Well done Andy........great 1st set, 2nd was a bit tough as legs were giving up which is no surprise with this week being your 1st real test since Wimbledon. So happy you put Fish in his plaice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 13:11

Heres to you Mr Murray. I am very much hoping you win this and return to defend next year as I plan on going Very Happy

Novak says he is not fit, I wonder?????

Bit peeved with the negativity being bounced around by Barry Cowan on Sky last night. Beating an inform Fish on home soil was a great result, and he has just got to a final in a 1000 Masters, have we become complacent with brilliance with all the top guys that when they don't put on a show they have under achieved!!!!!!! Sheesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 13:15

CaledonianCraig wrote:I'm not so sure myself. He struggled in the second set physically did Andy but hopefully he can recover and give a good account of himself. Whatever happens it has been a good week for Andy but if he were to win tomorrow that would give his confidence a massive boost.

Beating Novak here in the final in 2008 he then went on to get into the USO final.

Let's have the same again this year but with a different result at the USO.

If he does make it again this time however I don't think he will be facing Federer on the other side of the net.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 13:28

MTS1 wrote:Heres to you Mr Murray. I am very much hoping you win this and return to defend next year as I plan on going Very Happy

Novak says he is not fit, I wonder?????

Bit peeved with the negativity being bounced around by Barry Cowan on Sky last night. Beating an inform Fish on home soil was a great result, and he has just got to a final in a 1000 Masters, have we become complacent with brilliance with all the top guys that when they don't put on a show they have under achieved!!!!!!! Sheesh

Totally agree MTS1. How many times have we seen Andy play brilliantly in matches against big guns and lose so I say it is pay back time when Andy is not at his best yet still wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 15:41

ChrisMac wrote:So happy you put Fish in his plaice.

Lol...me too!

Well once again I'll miss another of Andy's matches as I've got to go to work.

I'm just so thrilled Andy has made the final, win or lose today, he's done himself proud here.

Enjoy the match everyone.......come on Andeeeee!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 19:08

Andy Murray clinches his seventh Masters title beating Novak Djokovic 6-4 3-0 with Djokovic retiring injured when well off the pace. A sad way for the match to end but it will still be a shot in the arm for Andy. Great stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 19:11

Congratulations Andy fans not the way I would like to have seen him win it but I think he had Novak´s number in any event... Im always suspicious of Novak´s MTO´s his reputation goes before him unfortunately but then thats me being cynical.. WELL DONE ANDY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 19:26

Nice one Andy - maybe that first set + three other games will have slowed him down for a re match at the USO Scotlandfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum