What if Andy were to win a Slam.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What if Andy were to win a Slam.

What would the ramifications be to him and his supporters ?

Would we suddenly jump on the bandwagon and proclaim another load of slams will happen.

Would Andy become complacent and never win another one.

Would our opinion of him change to that of expectation or pessimism.

Would Andy's disposition on court worsen or lesson or stay the same.

Would we all become loudspeakers and red-neck our way into the forums and shout we were right.

Or would we and Andy each, conceivably, part the waves of ridicule and ride the storm that would gather in the oncoming rush of belittlement and wummism.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

What if Andy were to win a Slam. :: Comments

Post on Fri 22 Jul 2011 - 18:13 by Guest

"Would Andy's disposition on court worsen or lesson or stay the same"

Probably lessen and he would enjoy playing the game in a more relaxed state sunny

As for the wums - what Murray fan really gives a monkeys Raspberry

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 22 Jul 2011 - 20:06 by Guest

I reckon every Andy fan should definitely do no. 6 and stick it to the WUMs blast Love that smiley Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 22 Jul 2011 - 23:42 by Guest

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if Andy won a slam it would not alter their rhetoric or opinion one little bit. They'd try belittling the achievement with any excuse they could dig up or would spout trash like 'the worst player to win a slam'.

I say this as on the old 606 during Andy's run to the final in the Australian Open the days before the final they were already lining up the excuses like it shouldn't count as he hadn't beat anyone from the top ten in the tournament, Fed was past his best, he only won because he avoided Nadal etc etc etc.

Leopards will never change their spots sadly. Once a hater always a hater.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 23 Jul 2011 - 18:39 by Jubbahey

Thats a problem with all the Hater wums, any reason to discount a win to any of the top players, esp a slam.

Stragely, I don't miss the likes of Sampras11, Tenez or UE etc.

Once you are exorcised of their presence, I don't feel the need to argue or counter their ridiculous statements anymore.

It feels a lot like Friday @ 2:30pm, last day of term, kids disappearing in a mass exodus, and a great feeling of contentment knowing that hordes of screaming pupils won't interrupt my working day for 6 weeks. Such a relief.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 23:00 by Jubbahey

And guess what, they did spout their normal pearls of wisdom.

This time it was the wind that defeated Djoko, not Murray, and Federer was way below his best and.......bla bla blas.

Although it wasn't as bad as it might have been back on BBC's 606. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 23:03 by Guest

I knew he would win one.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 23:09 by Guest

He was too good not to.

btw Jubb for the forum set-up; I am thinking now that under the forums 'subheading' we could merge 'Davis Cup' 'Olympics' Masters and WTF' 'Rankings' all into one: ATP News and events.
Thus we would still have 3 choices under 'tournament forums':
-'Grand Slams'
-'ATP News and events'
'Anything Andy'

Also I think Planet Tennis (btw I think Tennis World is a better label than Tennis Chat) could be above the 'tournament forums' section. Smile
Of course once again these are just some suggestions Wink

I have written some articles that I am going to share soon... so watch out for that! Smile

Edit...have moved next comment to Suggestions under Makeup surgery. Jubbs.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum