US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 9:52

BOO wrote:Solerina - Do you work constant nightshirt or what lol!

Hi BOO,

Lol...no I don't, but I'm a social suport worker, I support adults with learning disabilities to live in their own homes. My job is mostly evenings and sometimes this involves sleeping overnight at a persons house.

But my shifts almost always coincide with Andy's matches.....I love my job so I don't mind, but if I'd thought about it, I could have booked the last week of the USO off, as holiday, it's too late now Sad

I'm off next weekend tho' so if Andy makes the final I'll be on here, with you lot, cheering him on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 11:39

I am hoping that Andy turns up for the first set, he is becoming notorious for his slow starts these days, my nails cannot be chewed down any more Come on Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 17:10

Don't know if you have seen this or not

http://asia.eurosport.com/tennis/us-open/2009/murray-to-be-best-man_sto2932944/story.shtml

If Andy beats him here will he still be going to the wedding lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 17:14

MTS1 wrote:I am hoping that Andy turns up for the first set, he is becoming notorious for his slow starts these days, my nails cannot be chewed down any more Come on Andy.

I expect a few nervy moments but expect Andy to come through in straight or 4sets (preferably straight).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:34

Juan Martin Del Potro safely through in an odd match. He steam-rollered the first two sets but almost choked his way through the third set and at the end looked a bit tired/injured winning 6-1 6-2 7-5.

Interestingly, possible opponent for Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka is trailing Donald Young with the score standing at 6-7 4-3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:40

Wawrinka has now levelled at one set all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 20:05

It's almost Murray time as John Isner has beaten Robby Ginepri in straight sets on the Louis Armstrong Court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:14

just wanted to say this, but not on chatbox.......

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! bl**dy h*ll !!!!!!!!

there, thats better.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:57

Is he or isn't he Gonna win.

I think he is hiding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:17

Best description of Andy's play in phases is that it looks like he is playing in handcuffs - so restricted. That was how it seemed in the first two sets then someone flicked on a switch and took off those handcuffs and off he went. It seems that Andy not only battles against his opponent but battles with his mind and that doesn't help him.

Still he won - eventually but needs to redress these mental lapses otherwise he will not win a slam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:22

By the way, at least now he has defended his points he won here last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 8:36

Come out, come out wherever you are Was that drama or what. I thought I had lived every emotional experience with Andy (except the elusive slam win) but nooooooooooooooooo. pale
In my desire to remain positive, I am sure Andy will resume his A game for the rest of the tournament, and sweep away all that is laid in front of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 9:37

I still haven't recovered. I feel as though I was on the losing end of a boxing match last night!

The match worried me from the off - Haase would be much higher ranked if he had not had so much injury time off. Since he came back he is storming up the rankings, and is the sort of power player who can give Andy fits if they are in the zone - which Robin was for the first two sets.

Delighted that Andy, who came out in one of his muttery, miserable moods, pulled himself together and pulled out the win. Please Andy, come out in the same mood as the last 3 sets the next match and win in straights!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:15

Just watching a rerun of the last set which is a little bit easier knowing Andy won, but both played some really great winners in that last set. But I was too stressed to appreciate them Just glad Andy's went in more than the rejuvinated Haase's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:21

Phew! that was some match last night, had to have quite a few drinks as my nerves were shot, especially the last few games of the 5th set.
What a fighter Andy is, that's why we love him to bits, even tho he does this to us and this

Well Done Andy on winning the match. Haas played some great shots a tricky opponent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:37

I have to admit to defeatism and pessimism last night. I thought Andy was going out based on not only his 1st two set performances but other notable losses through his strange mind game paraphernalia.

I'm not sure what the turning point was, but 2nd game, 3rd set, he began to string some good, thoughtful points together and the ubber-confident Haase started to look a little worried. From then on until halfway through the 5th set, Murray began to climb back into the game and focus more on his style and the results showed it. 6-2, 6-0. followed by a 4-0 lead, but Haase threw the kitchen sink in and produced some stunning shots. Where he will be in the rankings this time next year? has got to be top ten, how can he not be ?

Still Murray had to dig deep to stop a 5th set tie break, in the end, it may be the best time for him to do this early on, not playing his best, but producing something near it. He can build on this and the confidence he can get out of jail when he needs to.
Haase played like a top level slam contender, and Murray was able to break him, which are good signs for the rest of the tournament.

But not for our nerves !

Well done Andy nontheless.....

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:54

Meant to congratulate the 4 brits in the doubles for their great wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:05

Next high ranking seed potentially going out is Berdych. Medical assistance called at end of 1st set (which he lost). Looks like he can't serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:48

Decrepitude wrote:I still haven't recovered. I feel as though I was on the losing end of a boxing match last night!

The match worried me from the off - Haase would be much higher ranked if he had not had so much injury time off. Since he came back he is storming up the rankings, and is the sort of power player who can give Andy fits if they are in the zone - which Robin was for the first two sets.

Delighted that Andy, who came out in one of his muttery, miserable moods, pulled himself together and pulled out the win. Please Andy, come out in the same mood as the last 3 sets the next match and win in straights!

I agree Decreptitude, if Haase remains or had remained injury free he would be much higher in the rankings. He has some pretty powerful shots, that no-one can stop, whether its Andy or Novak, the two best returners in the game IMO. But it was very encouraging that Andy got himself through this. Roger and Rafa have had a couple of wobbles early in slams and their mental game got them through it. Maybe Andy will do the same. Lets hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:51

Wow!! Sounds like you all had a torid time, last night, watching the match! I'm not sorry I missed it!

Thanks for the headline on the front page, Jubba, it's very useful, this is the first chance I've had to check the result.

Anyway, well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:40

Very torrid indeed Solerina. Nerve wracking stuff to watch and highly frustrating but a very exciting match for the neutrals. A win is a win but must eliminate these mental blocks he has in games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:54

CaledonianCraig wrote: A win is a win but must eliminate these mental blocks he has in games.

Yes, Craig, I wonder if he ever sees a sports psychologist.

I see he's up against Lopez, next, how do you think he will fare against him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:40

Well the omens are good as he has a 5-0 head-to-head record there whilst he had a 0-1 record V Hasse. Cut out mental blocks and I am confident he will win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:03

I must get the matchsticks out for my eyes tomorrow night.

Andy Murray will start at around midnight (UK time) on Arthur Ashe Court against Deliciano lol! Lopez tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 10:15

CaledonianCraig wrote:I must get the matchsticks out for my eyes tomorrow night.

Andy Murray will start at around midnight (UK time) on Arthur Ashe Court against Deliciano lol! Lopez tomorrow.

Me too Craig. Was meant to be off work this week but have to go back and Murray gets his first evening game (red eye hour here Sad ) Not as bad as having to get up if he was playing in the following game, that just throws out my sleep pattern!! Hoping he does it in 3 relatively easy straight sets so I can get some Sleep before work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum